SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Links not responding properly
Katewolven 
Gamer

Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:40 pm   Links not responding properly

I think I understand HOW the links work. I have 2 links that should be on my account. Neither of which should be showing on main. If my daughter's scroll needs more views I change it to be shown to the dynasty on hers. Most of the time it only shows mine to the dyansty.

Here's my problem: for the last several days I am losing more credits than I can gain. I took both links off showing even to the dynasty. I am still not showing as hidden. Is there some kind of bug that has an old link I deleted that is still there? How am I losing credits so fast? I am clicking like crazy, but I still cant keep up the credits! A few more days of this and I will start going negative again. Please help.

The links that SHOULD be there are both to dragon cave and are the scrolls of katewolven and sexilexi. I can post the links if you like but I'm not sure I am allowed to.

slatown 
Gamer Deity

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:46 pm   

If you still have the links in your links section, unless your a VIP (blue star) the links will still be showing in history. So after you click their links they can click your links in history.

You can check this by clicking on profile, than sumup and go down to your links and itll say visible: history

You have to completely take away your links in order to not lose credits.

purplemkayel 
Gamer Legend

Helped: 1
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:48 pm   

I've just looked at your profile sumup. As you aren't VIP (blue star) you can't hide your link from history. This means that everyone you have clicked is able to see your links in history and click them. If you can't get the clicks to support the 2 links, you might want to delete one of the links and just change the other as needed to build up your credits. If you change a DC link to a DC link in the same slot it will happen straight away, no waiting for reset. You can set a link to delete but it won't be deleted until reset. :)

Edit: I type toooooo slow :D

Katewolven 
Gamer

Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:53 pm   

I appreciate the replies, but I think maybe I need to explain better. I do know that everyone I click will be able to see mine in history, and I will continue to lose credits from that. I also know that supporting 2 links is diffcult :) . That's not the problem. Let me try and restate it

Even when I take the links OFF main and dynasty in my profile they are still visible. They should be showing (at least in the dyansty) as hidden. That is not happening. I also seem to be shown on the main page, even though that has not been checked for a very long time now. I think maybe there is a glitch in my links and the way they are showing

rikiki 
Gamer God

Helped: 3 times
Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:58 pm   Re: Links not responding properly

It's the norm really. A lot of people couldn't keep it up if there are more than a link showing. It should be about 200+ to 300+ credits lost per link a day(depending on which Dyansty you're in) and normally we only have 400+ to 600+ links to click per day. I would suggest you to use one link and alternate it between yours and your daughter, since a link can be changed instantly if it's the same address. Actually, what I found about DragCave is that it's enough to show it a day at Yarold and then when the timer approaches 1 day or something you only have to increases clicks, clicking it yourself is enough to hatch it. I don't even need to increase clicks like crazy. Normally just a click and the sprite starts to change.

Edit: Oh ok, I'm more slower than you are purplemkayel :lol: Ignore me.

Edit2: So you mean you can see your link in Dynasty?

TiddaMouse 
Gamer Legend

Helped: 1
Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:56 am   

Katewolven wrote:
I appreciate the replies, but I think maybe I need to explain better. I do know that everyone I click will be able to see mine in history, and I will continue to lose credits from that. I also know that supporting 2 links is diffcult :) . That's not the problem. Let me try and restate it

Even when I take the links OFF main and dynasty in my profile they are still visible. They should be showing (at least in the dyansty) as hidden. That is not happening. I also seem to be shown on the main page, even though that has not been checked for a very long time now. I think maybe there is a glitch in my links and the way they are showing

If you have already clicked your links you will see a blank space rather than <hidden> They are still hidden you just don't see <hidden> because you've clicked them already. But I have looked you up and your links are only showing in history. You're losing credits because you have two links still in history. Are you absoloutely positive they are showing in main? According to your profile they are only in history. I have cleared the main page, I've not clicked you today, but I can see you in history *clicks* :P

Because both of your links are DragCave links I recommend removing one completely. Then, when you need to show the other one for while place the link over the top of the other DragCave link. It will replace it straight away because they are the same link type. This will mean when you need them both "hidden" you will only have one in history at any given time saving you credits.

Katewolven 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:30 pm   

Quote:
If you have already clicked your links you will see a blank space rather than <hidden> They are still hidden you just don't see <hidden> because you've clicked them already. But I have looked you up and your links are only showing in history. You're losing credits because you have two links still in history. Are you absoloutely positive they are showing in main? According to your profile they are only in history. I have cleared the main page, I've not clicked you today, but I can see you in history *clicks* :P

Because both of your links are DragCave links I recommend removing one completely. Then, when you need to show the other one for while place the link over the top of the other DragCave link. It will replace it straight away because they are the same link type. This will mean when you need them both "hidden" you will only have one in history at any given time saving you credits.

I do understand what you are saying :) . So your only showing that I have 2 links? Several others have told me that they see 3 links. Also 2 people have found my scroll when they were clicking the main page, which is all I have telling me that my link is showing there. I have never seen it myself.

As far as the2nd link goes I took it off yesterday morning. At reset it should have gone away, but did not. I am still not seeing myself as hidden in the dynasty, and I should by this point. I unchecked everything almost 24 hours ago.

engelina 
Gamer God

Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:53 pm   

when i check my history (after clicking on showing rows without links) i can find you in the list of people who clicked my link

this, what i think is happening is this: you are clicking others links to get credit, right? then they can click your link in history, even if your link is hidden from main and dynasty. maybe the people who saw your scroll confused it?

if i check your profile, i see one link, and only history behind visible..

No rules, although for our allies i ask to please show a link in dynasty.

Reply to topic