SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
How is this possible
70Chevelle 
Hardcore Gamer

Helped: 1
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:22 pm   How is this possible

so - I logged on and started clicking links - mostly from main link page - some from dynasty - a few minutes later I start going through my "line" of open links to see if any need additional action. and what do I find? MY minicity link - that I do NOT have listed on yarolds right now. (I needed the slot for other links) - so now - how do I find out who has my link - why do they have it - and how do I make them get rid of it? - because this is going to cause me problems if I ever decide to put my mmc link back up here! (it is currently on another link exchange)

oh and my minicity's name is wildkat781

is this whole thing some sort of glitch or is someone trying to get me banned by putting up one of my links?
Last edited by 70Chevelle on Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total  

kito 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:20 pm   

why is it a problem if someone else is spending their credits to help you? not here but on other exchanges I do sometimes "adopt" another city and help them get credits as well since i only have one. I never considered it to be mean... just helpful.

70Chevelle 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:14 pm   

because as I understand the rules (I may be mistaken) if two accounts have the same link - then one account gets banned - so since someone else has put mine up - I won't be able to put it back if I chose to

kito 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:19 pm   

i am not disagreeing just playing devils advocate... why not let them spend their credits and not yours for a MMC? :)

I found that i was wasting a lot of credits here for a MMC since most of the clicks i was getting here for the mmc ... i got duplicates clicks from the same people on other exchanges. They are very nice for extra HH links though.

70Chevelle 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:27 pm   

kito wrote:
i am not disagreeing just playing devils advocate... why not let them spend their credits and not yours for a MMC? :)

I found that i was wasting a lot of credits here for a MMC since most of the clicks i was getting here for the mmc ... i got duplicates clicks from the same people on other exchanges. They are very nice for extra HH links though.

oh you're fine! - I didn't think you were arguing or anything :grin: - but a friend of mine just told me that neither account would be banned if that happened - said you just get a message saying that someone already has that link -so all is good :mrgreen: they can spend all the credits they want LOL

edit cause I can't type today LOL

2nd edit
my friend just helped me and we found out the nobody has the link now so maybe they just added it to theirs by mistake - realized their mistake and changed it - anyway - big misunderstanding on my part about bannings - all's well that ends well :)
Last edited by 70Chevelle on Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total  

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:36 pm   

Quote:
because as I understand the rules (I may be mistaken) if two accounts have the same link - then one account gets banned

Only if the two accounts belong to the same person.

Quote:
so since someone else has put mine up - I won't be able to put it back if I chose to

User had the link in their profile for a few hours and already changed it to another link.

I don't know why someone wants to use their credits, on building other cities, but I would enjoy the free clicks to your city.

70Chevelle 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:39 pm   

Metalteo wrote:
Quote:
because as I understand the rules (I may be mistaken) if two accounts have the same link - then one account gets banned

Only if the two accounts belong to the same person.

Quote:
so since someone else has put mine up - I won't be able to put it back if I chose to

User had the link in their profile for a few hours and already changed it to another link.

I don't know why someone wants to use their credits, on building other cities, but I would enjoy the free clicks to your city.

thank you so much Metalteo - now I know I'm not crazy - that someone DID have it - and the banning part was just a huge misunderstanding on my part

Reply to topic