SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
A better method to verify users actually click links?
vamp
Gamer

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:07 am   A better method to verify users actually click links?

Is there a better method to verify that users really do click links? I've bought credits in the past, and its obvious folks are just clicking the link, not actually entering in the CAPTCHA info, as I'm barely even growing outside of the actual Unit Production within the game.

I sat and watched today, as I unhid my link, and watched as people clicked, and verfied in game that I was growing. I caught two users who showed as clicking, but I didn't grow within that timeframe.

It's really annoying to some of us who do take the time to enter the numbers or letters on the CAPTCHA's, vs those here who don't and just wait for the timer to expire and note that they've clicked.

Perdyfly
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:54 am   

There is no better method...this is a very old problem and we go by the honor system and hope everyone does it right

Even my link, which requires just to let the page load, loses credits every day...

i guess that you just have to ******* it up...click more people then click you...and try not to think about the rest. That is what I do.

some ideas which may help you....hide your link in dynasty and click only the links that you want...but keep the link showing in your history so we can click you back
~or~
show only in dynasty and understand that you will always lose a few to the people that do not click properly.

Either way..or whatever you decide to do..this is an ongoing issue in yarold's exchange and there is no answer.

One thing...please do NOT click me if I can't click you back...I do not need the clicks...and the credits you take (when you do this) prevent me from being able to help those in need of credits. I sent you 500 credits today to help you out so hopefully that will help offset some of the bad clicks you get.

vamp
Gamer

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:57 am   

Perdyfly wrote:

One thing...please do NOT click me if I can't click you back...I do not need the clicks...and the credits you take (when you do this) prevent me from being able to help those in need of credits. I sent you 500 credits today to help you out so hopefully that will help offset some of the bad clicks you get.

Do you have a limit per day on clicks in your game? If it's just a view you need, pm me your link, I will get you double what you sent to me (legit clicks). 8)

Perdyfly
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:25 am   

Thanks but i don't even need a veiw...the link is from a game i play and i have more recruits now then any other player....and i am not very active in that game anymore.

I truely do appreciate the offer tho :) Very nice of you :)

~CHEERS~

vamp
Gamer

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:50 am   

View only clicks remind me soo badly of outwar. :lol:

Just started herowar about 46 hours ago, up to almost 1600 clicks. That number should easily double tomorrow. :shock:

Perdyfly
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:12 am   

lol awsome...

*me thinks we got a tad bit off topic now* :o

I play outwar sigil ... never tried herowar but may at a later date when i havemore time :)

cyberkilla 
Gamer

Helped: 1
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:55 am   

I don't know exactly what you do here, so I could be stupid for saying this:

Can't you log who clicks each link, and create a summary of 'clickers' per day.
If a person has had many credits wasted, and all from the same few people,
you can vote them to have a 'bad reputation'.
There could be some kind of punishment for these people(like slower credit earnings?) - meaning they'd have to click more people's links to 'redeem' themselves:)

That would again be subject to the honesty of the people voting,
but if could provide incentive to actually finish the link clicks.

stulax18
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:31 pm   

problem is, how can you prove indefinitely that someone did not give a legit click? you can say, oh they clicked me at this time, but i didn't get credit. but, how do you know they didn't come back and click it later, as i do frequently? there is no reason to assume someone didn't give u a legit click, and try and punish people based on assumptions.

cyberkilla 
Gamer

Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:41 pm   

Yes, but when it is blatantly obvious they are making a fool of you, you could act.

bella
Gamers Alliance mod

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:44 pm   

the point is that it is never blatantly obvious. As Stulax says lots of people do come back and try a few times to make the links count (I do for futurerp links)

I guess you are going to get dishonest people everywhere. It is just a fact of life. There is no point getting too uptight about it or thinking that people are trying to make a fool of you.

cyberkilla 
Gamer

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:48 pm   

I suppose you are right. I don't know exactly what you do here, so I could never make a truly educated comment:).

Reply to topic