SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Yarold Hacked?? NOT
Perdyfly
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:35 pm   Yarold Hacked?? NOT

Just did a lot of thinking and some things i think some people need to understand.

Yarold was NOT hacked...If blame is to be placed...it is on us. I have read many short notes and forum posts and chat topics blaming this mess on the link exchange

the fools that accessed your accounts? Got in because you at one time went to their site...at least one of many that they have. And then did not change your passwords like admin and numerous others have tried to get you all to do.

The result is a huge headache for the admins to sort out. And i think it is unfair to blame them or this site, when it was our mistake that caused this mess.

Jeremy and Alex want you to beleive that this site in not secure...but in reality, it was their site that allowed them to keylog you and then get your passwords. Passwords on this site are encrypted and can not be stolen from yarold link exchange but once you visit their site...you might as well post all your passwords on their forum because they will have them anyway. These n00bs once boasted that they can access 700 yarold accounts now. Are you one of those??

I am not writting any of this to pick a fight...I am as responsible for this as anyone else may be...I just want you all to understand that instead of blaming anyone else...just change your passwords (on forum and yarold link exchange) and stay away from any sites belonging to these pseudo-hackers. That will end this mess once and for all. Then...once that is done..a thank you to admin for ANY help they provide you during this time getting accounts re-activated and credits returned...would be well deserved.

CHEERS

JinXed
Gamer

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:06 pm   

I'm not blaming anyone, simply trying to understand - which I really don't.

What I gather from your post here is that those of us who's accounts were hacked has visited the hackers site(s) and that's why they were hacked? What sites? And by visiting do you mean clicking the links from Yarolds to there?

Perdyfly
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:03 pm   

Some may remember that a few weeks a go...this site was hacked...and the clowns replaced some links which their url (one of many stupid stunts they did that day) ...If you clicked their link which took you to their site..they have keylogged you.

There members that day jumped from 60ish to 700 so that is a lot of people from this site. they now have said that they have access to 700 accounts on yarolds. They have links posted / not always to there exchange site in many games forums now and i know i keep getting messages from players in the game i play...to join the site. Also i have received PM's in this forum with the link to join their site. I also know that they have auto programs made for outwar and that too allows them to keylog you. I am told they have auto's for various games but have seen no proof yet.

Since I read that you did lose your credits and get banned...that means they were in your account. That means that whether you know it or not, you were on there site at some time...

Just to be safe...EVERYONE should change their passwords...no use saying "I never went to their site" when they have so many now and you can't really be sure.

I personally can not see an end to this :( some people will not listen and some people will end up clicking into their sites by mistake :( admin is working hard on this and everyone has been asked to change their passwords..so we will see what happens from here.

CHEERS

JonMiller
banned

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:28 pm   

There is nothing wrong with any of jerm and alex's sites, i use most of them and i have never been hacked and nor have any of my friends who use them. This rumour is a load of **********.
--Jon

Perdyfly
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:41 pm   

It is fools like you that are the real root of all this...and just FYI, I have spoken to both these n00bs...and they both admit to it...tho i know in their forum they deny it.

If you still click on their exchange...chances are they will not enter your yarold account as jeremy has said to me..."that would defeat the purpose of getting people to join my exchange"

Just because he hasn't...doesn't mean he can't or won't

Go away little donkey...your post lacks any intellegence and carries with it not one shred of credibility.

bagga
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:20 pm   

Maybe its also posted by jermy or alex :wink: , between DBE 1337 also need to fix url of their dynasty pic.

http://www.thunderarena.com/page.php?id=3223
http://omega.darkthrone.c...345G30277D30345

JonMiller
banned

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:25 pm   

You are just jealous that linkex is doing better than yarolds, it has lots of members in a short amount of time and soon will be the best and most populated link exchange in rpg gaming!!! [JOIN LINK EX IT IS BETTER THAN YAROLDS WILL EVER BE...] [link removed, so sad you can't stay away of spamming, ppl might could have taken you serious, but not this way]

Perdyfly
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:33 pm   

I almost feel sorry you ... so young and gullible ... I rarely get the opertunity to witness such ignorance and thank you for reminding me of the importance of always educating theyself cause wow ... seeing your posts scares me into learning.

And oh yah...thanx for demenstrating the true maturity of that site *sarcasm*

JonMiller
banned

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:41 pm   

Please dont feel sorry for me, it is you that should be sorry that you use such a crappy link exchange, link ex is better as i said before than yarolds will ever be. For Yarold Users: Come over too linkex, it is more friendly and i can promise you that you WILL NOT get hacked. :) [link removed and your banned]--Jon

JinXed
Gamer

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:43 pm   

Perdyfly wrote:
Some may remember that a few weeks a go...this site was hacked...and the clowns replaced some links which their url (one of many stupid stunts they did that day) ...If you clicked their link which took you to their site..they have keylogged you.

There members that day jumped from 60ish to 700 so that is a lot of people from this site. they now have said that they have access to 700 accounts on yarolds. They have links posted / not always to there exchange site in many games forums now and i know i keep getting messages from players in the game i play...to join the site. Also i have received PM's in this forum with the link to join their site. I also know that they have auto programs made for outwar and that too allows them to keylog you. I am told they have auto's for various games but have seen no proof yet.

Since I read that you did lose your credits and get banned...that means they were in your account. That means that whether you know it or not, you were on there site at some time...

Just to be safe...EVERYONE should change their passwords...no use saying "I never went to their site" when they have so many now and you can't really be sure.

I personally can not see an end to this :( some people will not listen and some people will end up clicking into their sites by mistake :( admin is working hard on this and everyone has been asked to change their passwords..so we will see what happens from here.

CHEERS

I'm not sure what you meant by the outwar remark. If it's certain outwar links being placed on Yarolds that contain the way to keylog my password here. And I'm hoping that this is the only site in which I've been hacked, I'm a bit worried to attempt logging into anything else until I get the chance to run spyware on the computer later.

In any event, I've never knowingly clicked a link to go to another site that included another click site. Keyword, again, knowingly.

Oh and JonMiller, if anyone is dumb enough to join that other click site, after everything that they've done here, then they'd deserve anything that comes to them. This is not the first time I've witnessed people attempting to create havoc on one site in order to cull users over onto theirs - buncha computer geeks.

bagga
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:47 pm   

jinxed if you see in upper than your post you can find what link they have posted their. infact they have changed different ppl's links & do what can they do but its alot before. they can't hack outwar or any other site Even can't Yarold link exchange now. if you have some other questions talk to me & i'll try to answer them.

http://www.thunderarena.com/page.php?id=3223
http://omega.darkthrone.c...345G30277D30345

Perdyfly
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:07 am   

Just to clarify (EDIT: JinXed) ...the ow links on this site are not the issue

i can best explain what happened to a member of my tribe in TDoT

He was given a link to check out by another member...told it was a cool link for outwar. When he went to it...he tried to register...the site told him that there was an error...try again...so he did. from then on, he was keylogged...

more to this story for people like JonMiller...he would have been safe i think if he had not, upon learning who owned that site, blasted them. As it was tho...his passwords were then used to wreck havoc on his accounts...and I can only say that it was a mess. Too numerous to get into here :(

For JonMiller..please go away. You are not wanted here...you are not welcome here...this is not a site you like so is not one you should be on. I suggest you go to your friemds site and click your lil heart out...in fact...i highly recommend that you do that.

NOTE: This advice is only for JonMiller...for anyone else, do not follow this advice ;)
Last edited by Perdyfly on Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total  

JinXed
Gamer

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:23 am   

bagga wrote:
jinxed if you see in upper than your post you can find what link they have posted their. infact they have changed different ppl's links & do what can they do but its alot before. they can't hack outwar or any other site Even can't Yarold link exchange now. if you have some other questions talk to me & i'll try to answer them.

Honestly I'm not completely ignorant when it comes to computer related stuff, but this is totally escaping me. I think I need to start getting more sleep. =)

I'm just a bit para now about clicking any links, I'm currently scanning my computer to (hopefully) dump keyloggers and other malicious spyware - and like I've said several times, it isn't Yarolds that I blame.

Thanks! *smooch*

And thank you perdy, and because I love summery I don't mind that you confused us. =)

Perdyfly
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:26 am   

opps...sorry... *insert innocent smilie here* (running out of those smilies) ...

:)

Perdyfly
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:07 am   

NOTE: This was written in responce to a post by the fools which has now been deleted...leaving me to talk to myself :P lol
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know the site was not hacked the second time around and I never said that it was so who is the stupid one now?? Learn to read

But while we are one this topic...
Quote:
the place was never hacked the second time around.

A slip implying the first was?? LOL...you really are stupid to deny deny deny and then admit... :roll:

bustercloud
Gamer

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:18 pm   

Not taking any sides on this, just throwing in that on the old Samurai war, passed were supposedly encrypted, and yet people could get their passwords stolen directly from the site, without going to any other sites or telling anyone your password.

Perdyfly
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:37 pm   

Samurai war...yes...by the same people that are trying to mess with yarold :( who now have control of that game.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:55 pm   

bustercloud wrote:
Not taking any sides on this, just throwing in that on the old Samurai war, passed were supposedly encrypted, and yet people could get their passwords stolen directly from the site, without going to any other sites or telling anyone your password.

Passwords weren't encrypted in SW untill Yarold got involved. Passwords were stolen before that, since every admin could see your passwords at that time. And I don't think I need to explain, that Jeremy abused that. This is also how he "hacked" SW forums. Some forum admins had same password everywhere, very easy to get in their accounts.

bustercloud
Gamer

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:35 am   

I'm pretty sure it was under Yarolds control when the passwords got taken. It got changed after that?

Perdyfly: Well, technichly its just a copy. Jeremy had the script from back when he was trusted in the game. So he had the basic version of the game with piles of holes in it. What he has now is his own version using the same name. Sort of like how one of the old owners of SW sold it to someone, who changed it to "Army Battle" Except jeremy didn't buy it but sort of bummed the code.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:31 am   

bustercloud wrote:
I'm pretty sure it was under Yarolds control when the passwords got taken. It got changed after that?

Well you're wrong.

Quote:
Perdyfly: Well, technichly its just a copy. Jeremy had the script from back when he was trusted in the game. So he had the basic version of the game with piles of holes in it. What he has now is his own version using the same name. Sort of like how one of the old owners of SW sold it to someone, who changed it to "Army Battle" Except jeremy didn't buy it but sort of bummed the code.

So technichly Jeremy didn't only steal passwords, he also stole the script.

Reply to topic