SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Zooreka links at happy hour
MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:17 am   Zooreka links at happy hour

I haven't bothered to track down who it is that always posts their zooreka link at the beginning of the 2000 "happy hour."

Thanks for the extra link. However...

Zooreka links don't count if you get more than 1 from people in one second. So it's not really a good idea to post that at the beginning of happy hours when you know 30 (or so) people are refreshing every 5 seconds, and about 25 of those same people will end up with a pop up warning about the timing, along with a frame that steals browser focus away from the dynasty page.

So, if you actually want clicks to that zooreka link, please put it up at a time other than when 30 people are rapid-refreshing. You'll get a lot more actual clicks for your credits.

If you don't actually care about clicks to the zooreka link, then please substitute some other useless link instead.

If you do neither of the above, then I'll have to assume you're intentionally messing with people's browsers. And maybe I'll get my own zooreka link and encourage others to do the same until we make this such a sitewide problem that someone finally does something about it.

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:24 am   

And here was I thinking this was a link exchange, silly me.
Now we all know the larger dynasties are a rule unto themselves but now you want to be the link police as well. isn't that just too considerate of you.

Get a life and leave others to play the games they choose and unless that link has a virus etc leave people to make their own choices.

PS It's just so annoying of people to put up links that require a second action, it just ruins the mood completely :shock:

gamamew 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:56 pm   

Fast solution: Don't click Zooreka links.

Fancy solution: Add Greasemonkey to your FF and a script for redirect Zooreka domain to Google.com :D

turdkey wrote:
PS It's just so annoying of people to put up links that require a second action, it just ruins the mood completely :shock:
Like Unicreatures, 3 consecutive clicks or La brute/My Brute/El Bruto, with 2 captchas (in Flash by the way) :roll:

... but at the end I have to follow all of them, one of the rules remember.

MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:29 am   

turdkey wrote:

The days when people put up links they actually wanted clicks at are long gone.

turdkey wrote:
...now you want to be the link police as well. isn't that just too considerate of you.

Police? No!

I'm merely suggesting that if someone actually WANTS clicks to their link (this is a link exchange, isn't it?) that posting it during the 21 hours a day that it's NOT happy hour would be more beneficial to them than posting it at a time when they only get 5 clicks for 30 credits (and, coincidentally, annoy 25 users).

turdkey wrote:
Get a life and leave others to play the games they choose and unless that link has a virus etc leave people to make their own choices.

I'm not suggesting the zooreka link owner not play that game. Or even not post that link for whatever clicks they want on it.

I'm suggesting they conserve credits by posting it at a time when they'll actually get the click-throughs they (theoretically) want.

Sorry for being helpful.

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:47 pm   

All you're doing is trying to tell people you don't want to be inconvenieced by their choice of link and surprisingly enough outside of the top teams there really are plenty of people who actually do want their links clicked no matter what time of day either.

Play your own game and stop whinging it doesn't suit you.

On a side note wouldn't life be more fun with fewer ****-retentives?

MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:30 am   

turdkey wrote:
All you're doing is trying to tell people you don't want to be inconvenieced by their choice of link

If it was just me, I'd ******* it up.

And clearly, the owners of those links can do whatever the heck they want with their links.

But the fact of the matter still stands: Zooreka links during HH only get about 1 click per 6 credits or so.

I fail to see why you are so opposed to me giving helpful advice to people who happen to be wasting credits.

turdkey wrote:
surprisingly enough outside of the top teams there really are plenty of people who actually do want their links clicked no matter what time of day either.

YAY! Good for them!!!!

People who do want their zooreka links clicked probably don't turn them on in the middle of happy hour. Since the owner of the zooreka link that appears around 2000 only posts it (and several other links) during "happy hour" I would presume that they are not in that category. I could be wrong, of course, which is why I helpfully suggested they post it at another time when they'll get more clicks for the same credits.

turdkey wrote:
Play your own game and stop whinging it doesn't suit you.

But I like whinging. It's fun.

turdkey wrote:
On a side note wouldn't life be more fun with fewer ****-retentives?

No. Life would be more fun with more whinging.

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:17 am   

You really should get a life mate. All this clicking is making you pretty weird Mushy I doubt you even realise how much you have changed in the last few months. Therapy or a good women could also do the trick.

I do doubt the person responsible for the link cares too much about the link or they probably wouldn't be in one of the top teams. I was staggered by how few top teamers click on .
Some have lost sight of the original purpose of Yarolds :cry:

You should be happy Mushy I doubt it's very nice being a newbie on this site nowadays, too much pressure caused by unrealistic expectations. I do worry about the next generation of members and whether there will be one.

PS I do question your altruism for the original post. roflmao. Now go get blind drunk and find a sheep.

Reply to topic