SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Am i banned?
leslieme 
n00b

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:40 am   Am i banned?

I can't login. I get the error message connections from this IP are forbidden. I have a VPN , is that considered a proxy? I'm confused. Some help would be nice.

Edit: Okay so I disabled my VPN on yarolds and was able to login, so I guess that was it? Some clarification would be cool though.

Gale 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:33 pm   

Well Im not an admin so this might not be it, but with a dynamic IP address you sometimes might get an address that is banned by Yarolds. I assume since you where able to get on once you disabled it that was the problem. Nothing to worry about though ^^ But yeah thats just my guess

leslieme 
n00b

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:51 pm   

Gale wrote:
Well Im not an admin so this might not be it, but with a dynamic IP address you sometimes might get an address that is banned by Yarolds. I assume since you where able to get on once you disabled it that was the problem. Nothing to worry about though ^^ But yeah thats just my guess

Thank you very much Gale for your reply, I appreciate it! :grin:

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:41 am   

Gale wrote:

Pretty good answer. VPN's work similarly to anonymous proxies. In short, that IP you were on has issues & as a result that IP is banned from use here at Yarolds

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

leslieme 
n00b

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:39 pm   

DemonicJ wrote:
Gale wrote:

Pretty good answer. VPN's work similarly to anonymous proxies. In short, that IP you were on has issues & as a result that IP is banned from use here at Yarolds

Gotcha J, and ta!

Reply to topic