SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Leadership Priveleges--Plus new ranking?
Lucifer 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:17 pm   Leadership Priveleges--Plus new ranking?

Due to the recent events with a rogue shogun, and it not being the first time this has happened, I have a suggestion.

1) An emporer could assign leadership privileges to shoguns of good standing in their dynasty, as well as some long standing daimyos, who are in different time zones and they would get the banner of new members coming in, and could let them in, as well as the other options allowed for their ranking,

2) So this would maybe make a new ranking, such as leader or something to indicate which members have leadership privileges

3) Another suggestion I have been kicking around is to make a new ranking to "Top Gun" which would be given to the top shogun in a dynasty, and allow them to even promote people to shogun. Under the current system, only the Emporer and Kampaku can put someone up to shogun. I also believe the top clicker in a dynasty who is not Emporer or Kampaku should still be rewarded with that title

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:37 am   

As you would expect, I am a huge fan of extra ranks. Ranks & there abilities are something I have spoken about both publicly & at staff level.

The issue we have is with the current Japanese inspired ranks. There isnt a rank in the traditional feudal system that could slot in just above shogun. There are ranks that can slot under shogun.

I would like to see whatever that 3rd level rank is, to have most of the priveleges (accepting, kicking, rank changes & alliances & 4th rank down only having the ability to accept joiners (no kicking rights, alliances etc)

The other thought with the third rank level is to limit it to only a few members (3 or 4 tops).

The issue still remains around utilising the existing rank structure though!

Added: The rōjū (老中) were the senior members of the shogunate.
Normally, four or five men held the office
Reference Wiki

Added 18th July: If the rank Roju was added, I'd think the abilities of other ranks should change.
Emperor (1 member only)- all abilities (accept, kick, alliances) - promote anyone to any rank
Kampaku (1 member only) - all abilities (accept, kick, alliances) - promote members up to Roju rank
Roju (4 members only*)- all abilities (accept, kick, alliances) - promote people up to Shogun rank. * Like all other ranks, how many you use is up to the dynasty.
All other ranks have accept joiner rights only (no rights to kick members at all or change ranks of other members)

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty
Last edited by DemonicJ on Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:10 am; edited 3 times in total  

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:56 am   

Updated my thoughts on this

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Gale 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:15 am   

Think those are some awesome ideas. As it stands right now a lot of members have more powers than necessary/they should have. Would love to have a new rank that promotes having a leader team versus only a leader, gets more people involved and gives something to work towards :p

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:20 am   

Leader teams already exist in most dynasties. The Mob has pretty much always had a leadership &/or helper group.

Lucifer 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:23 am   

The only thing I would add to this is that the reason I want a non shogun to have leadership abilities (at least as far as accepting new members) would be so they would get the banner that a new member is joining. I have some members who do not have minavg to be shogun yet, but if they are in a different time zone than the others, I might want to give them that leadership slot for getting banner to accept new members

I do hope the other proposed changes are implemented soon...this would resolve any rogue shogun issue, and I do not think anyone below the leadership ranks should be able to change alliances. Even with the best intentions, a mistake could be made that could potentially be very difficult to fix if the dynasties are maxed out or very close to it.

Reply to topic