SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Wow Meter and Tales of Dragons are dead
Valeria 
Gamer

Posted: Fri May 22, 2015 5:01 pm   Wow Meter and Tales of Dragons are dead

I never used wowmeter but I remember seeing the announcement on the pages I clicked here that the site was closing in April. It's gone now, but some people still have links to that site active here.

Tales of Dragons I was actually on, and that one just disappeared one day. No announcement, no news, just poof. However, the owner, SilverDragonTears, is on another site I play called Dragon Cave. There is a section on the forums there for people to discuss other games, and ToD's owner SilverDragonTears had a thread there for ToD. She edited the first post of that thread to simply say "Dead site." ToD has been down for almost a month now and doesn't seem to be coming back. I've looked everywhere I can think of but the owner isn't talking to anyone to let them know if the site is coming back; every indication I have found says it's not, and her silence seems to support that. If you'd like, you can check out the Dragon Cave forums thread that was used for ToD here:
https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=135584

Could these two please be removed from the list of "legal" links so that the old ones currently in the system are removed? The links do not go work and haven't for a while now. Thanks for your time.

Xeyla 
Gamer

Helped: 1
Posted: Sat May 23, 2015 3:06 am   

I'd like to quote my original post concerning TaleofDragons:

"Just an FYI:
Tales has died. Sadly there was a rule breaking committed by the site owner that turned the whole user base against her, and all the users stopped donating to the site. I will say I left there as well, since a site owner who breaks their own rules is someone I can't trust to be fair to all the players."

The owner has said on her facebook page that in order for the site to come back up, she needs donations. The problem with that is she used the donations for her personal use, instead of keeping the site alive. She also favored one user by giving them restricted dragons that belonged to the spriters only. You can only imagine how upset the userbase was after figuring out that info. This led to almost all of the users leaving, and nobody donated to the site anymore either. Since then, the site has stayed silent. The site was fun until that happened, and players couldn't trust the owner anymore.

Spexarcity 
International MMC alliance mod

Posted: Sat May 23, 2015 10:36 am   

And now the links seem to be marked in link exchange as:
"<not allowed link> "

Xeyla 
Gamer

Helped: 1
Posted: Sat May 23, 2015 6:41 pm   

This is weird. I tried vising my lair on ToD, and the site is back up now. Seems Silver found a person who paid for the server again. I wonder why the links to the dragons do not work on yarolds? I can click my own dragons when on my ToD lair pages, so why do the links not work here?

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:47 pm   

admin demonicj says this morning ''Have been set to not allowed. If anyone hears they return let me know''

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:45 pm   

Spexarcity wrote:
And now the links seem to be marked in link exchange as:
"<not allowed link> "

Now the site is back online & links are reactivated. Good thing I didnt delete all those links :mrgreen:

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Lucifer 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:36 am   

The site did come back for a few days, but the thing is, the owner gave her administrative code out to a lot of users. So basically anybody who has her administrative code can and has paid server bill and restarted site. Also, there is no way to tell if it is really her posting on dragcave forum since people with her code can and have posted there with her name on it.
I would say the site is probably down for good, unless she sells it to someone else or turns it over to someone else. Maybe the links can be deleted for now, until we have the site back up or a new owner?

Reply to topic