Previous topic :: Next topic
Closed by: Dustydragon
Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:33 pm
Dynasty adoption idea
LoneWolf 
Global moderator

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:12 am   Dynasty adoption idea

I have an idea and I want to " test the waters " with it. The idea is this:

An established dynasty adopts under it's wing a small dynasty and helps it along to grow and prosper into becoming another established dynasty with it's help and advice. Of course, I am meaning a small dynasty that WANTS to improve itself.

What is the general feeling about this idea? Good? Bad? All serious comments are welcome.
Last edited by LoneWolf on Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total  

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:13 pm   

Happy to help the small guys with some pointers/tips etc.

Take the idea further though. Anyone wanting to create a dynasty needing help??

Great thought on a mentoring set up though LoneWolf

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:39 pm   

Lonewolf,

Remark :
When i take your post in a translate website, he wants not translate the word'' estabilished'' so i googled that word, I found out that it must be ''established''.
So for all people who also translate that post, it is established.

Answer for your question/idea :
I think the spirit of many people is not high enough to also help other Dynastys. I think most emps are busy enough with their own dynasty.
That is also one of the reasons that spexarcity asked me as a representative for '' Yarold's Council Chambers '', that means from our dynasty no help for this idea.

LoneWolf 
Global moderator

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:04 am   

ThankYou for your input, Ferrari and I'm sorry about that mistake - I have corrected it.

Dustydragon 
banned

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:25 pm   

Question....what is considered an 'established dynasty' ? this may also help with some suggestions? or ideas?

mao_nagra 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:07 pm   Re: Dynasty adoption idea

LoneWolf wrote:

An established dynasty adopts under it's wing a small dynasty and helps it along to grow and prosper into becoming another established dynasty with it's help and advice. Of course, I am meaning a small dynasty that WANTS to improve itself.

What is the general feeling about this idea? Good? Bad? All serious comments are welcome.

help?? if a dynasty is Allead to another that already help them!
if anyone needs help just ask! I suppose no one will refuse to answer a question just because he / she is not on your dynasty
however, there is always this forum to clarify any difficulty setting

karamel 
Gamer

Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:15 am   Re: Dynasty adoption idea

mao_nagra wrote:
LoneWolf wrote:

help?? if a dynasty is Allead to another that already help them!
if anyone needs help just ask! I suppose no one will refuse to answer a question just because he / she is not on your dynasty
however, there is always this forum to clarify any difficulty setting

I have to agree with this. However, there's no one to really 'ask' if you're entirely new to the site. You can't expect a random newbie to just pick a random member and ask for help. I think people would probably go for the 'Support - Ask here' subforum. Perhaps a general mentoring project for the entire site - not just dynasties?

LoneWolf 
Global moderator

Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:29 am   

Quote:
I have to agree with this. However, there's no one to really 'ask' if you're entirely new to the site. You can't expect a random newbie to just pick a random member and ask for help. I think people would probably go for the 'Support - Ask here' subforum. Perhaps a general mentoring project for the entire site - not just dynasties?

ThankYou, karamel; actually such a support subforum mentoring is one of the alternatives being considered at the moment.

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:52 am   

new members do now have also the possibility that they be helped. when they sign up as a member, there are a number of emps/shoguns/recruiters from the big dynastys who send recruit mails to the new members. when the new member will react, we answer the new member with tips and tricks. it happens often enough that I send recruit mail and I get an answer from the new member, sorry but there were more people before you who offered me help. So I think new members get help enough.

karamel 
Gamer

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:54 am   

LoneWolf wrote:
Quote:

ThankYou, karamel; actually such a support subforum mentoring is one of the alternatives being considered at the moment.

I was actually thinking more along the lines of a thread/topic (not a forum section) where older, more experienced members could sign up to become a mentor/'teacher' (with a test to see how much knowledge they have, etc) and newbies could sign up as 'students' and get mentored/taught. Each newbie would have a set mentor.

A mentor would be someone the newbie could go to if they had any questions or needed any help.

The original situation you (LoneWolf) had in mind (about the smaller dynasties) is too specific IMO. Needs to be a lot more generalised so it can apply to more people. I don't think it's something that happens very frequently or is that big of a problem that we need an entire subforum for - whereas there's almost always someone who needs help.

You do have a good point, though, Ferrari. But if they get enough help from the emps, surely they can also ask the emps about dynasties? You can use your argument to go against LoneWolf's proposed idea, too.

LoneWolf 
Global moderator

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:30 am   

ThankYou, karamel; the alternative i mentioned included both a forum and chat room section and yes, each person would have it's own qualified mentor looking after it - same as we used to do in W.T.F. What Ferrari said is very valid as well, but, sad to say, when I was running W.T.F we had people coming into our chat asking for our help because they never got any from their own dynasties. In their time W.T.F helped many people belonging to other dynasties both in their own chat room or in SWLE.

karamel 
Gamer

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:31 pm   

Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. c: I like the sound of this - it certainly doesn't hurt to test it out for a few weeks.

I've only been in Wolfpack so far so I don't know about any other experiences people may have with their own dynasties. x3

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:45 am   

A little late to the party ....

First thought I had when I read the idea was ..ah legal feeder dyns.
(well no first thought was...how did you drop 30 yrs off your age?)
Second thought included words like "Big Brother".

We have swle where anyone can go and ask questions, we have Yarolds_help channel, we have forum ... how many places do we need to have where people can ask for help?

The idea isn't new, it's already been done that an older or larger dynasty helps (or create) a new or smaller. It's not against any rules to "create a puppy", any dynasty that cares to do so (and has the time & energy), can and will do it.

Those that doesn't have the time or energy could say it's just another way for some dyns to get the advantage of a "controlled" ally who will take advise on who to ally or drop. but again: it's not against any rules, it's already been done, now it's just being aired.

Karamel's idea about a thread, a tutorial for dynasties sounds good, I don't think it's written anywhere about alliances, how to make or break one, the maxing problem, alliance limits, members limit, when inactive, when suspended, when removed etc.
That thread could end with a link to swle, ask for a MOD/ADM for further help.

LoneWolf 
Global moderator

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:26 am   

After listening to different peoples discussion on this matter, I have come to the conclusion that only a tiny number of Yarold members would take part in it and so I'm dropping this idea and will not proceed with it any more.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.