FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Monthly Dynasty Contest Update
DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
  Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:28 am   Monthly Dynasty Contest Update

Effective this month is a change to the monthly dynasty contest.
It is now played over three teirs!! So that's now nine dynasties that can earn prizes!

10+ (Tiny)
3rd 1000cr/member x 10 = 10000 credits
2nd 1050cr/member x 10 = 10500 credits
1st 1150cr/member x 10 = 11500 credits

20+ (Big)
3rd 1200cr/member x 20 = 24000 credits
2nd 1250cr/member x 20 = 25000 credits
1st 1350cr/member x 20 = 27000 credits

40+ (Huge)
3rd 1400cr/member x 40 = 56000 credits
2nd 1450cr/member x 40 = 58000 credits
1st 1550cr/member x 40 = 62000 credits

Going forward the number of members required in the contest will
increase monthly as will the toal of the prizes (as per formula above).

August will be 11+, 25+, 45+
September will be 12+, 30+, 50+
October will be 13+, 35+, 55+
November will be 15+, 40+, 60+

With an increase in prizes every month based on the credits per member as shown above
(credits per member wont change, but the minimum members to qualify will increase, means bigger prize total every month)

Further clarification. Like previous monthly contests, only those members in a dynasty that aren't peasants count.
So, for example, if you want to compete in the tiny (10 member) contest you will need to have 10 members set above the rank of peasant

edit by Yarold
*) credits - subject to change/adjust
**) december - to be included

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty
Last edited by DemonicJ on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:13 am; edited 4 times in total  

cartes 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:02 am   

it is a nice idea i'm in for it !

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:03 pm   

The change to the monthly dynasty contest means,

last month the winning dynasty (Mob) wins 50k credits.. next month will be 62k credits..

Tiny dynasty prize drops from 25k last month to 11.5k next month.

This means The rich get richer.. the poor get poorer..

The lotto explosion will be less paying, because first the credits most go to the contest winners.. Total dynasty contest prize jumps from 150k last month to 282.5k next month and will increase each month after. So next month there will be 130k less credits in lotto explosion.

I quote Jeanne http://yarold.eu/phpBB2/v...p?p=54034#54034

''There is a small tax (0.01% as I recall) that go to lotto and is payed out again in the Lotto Jackpot days or to finance the 400 starter credits all newbies gets.''

You can see that the promise that the pay tax, is coming back in lotto explosion is not true, because the lotto explosion will be pay out the best dynasty (in this case MOB) lots of more credits (july 12k more) so the starter /newbies get less..... and this will be less each month, If i read it good.

The rich get absolutely richer while the poor get absolutely poorer

Dustydragon 
banned

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:42 pm   

Ferrari wrote:
The change to the monthly dynasty contest means,

last month the winning dynasty (Mob) wins 50k credits.. next month will be 62k credits..

Tiny dynasty prize drops from 25k last month to 11.5k next month.

This means The rich get richer.. the poor get poorer..

If you will look at the numbers again.....the rich are not getting richer.
The middle is getting more as well, and getting paid much more than they would normally get, and now, the smaller Dynasties are playing as well and getting something. So you cannot say that they are getting poorer.

If you could stop focusing on 'THE MOB' for once and look at the picture as 'A WHOLE' you might actually see something for once.

These numbers you are not so fond of went through the wringer with the admin team, before they were approved. So please don't think that DemonicJ, just picked them out of his hat and chose them himself to make his dynasty richer.

In regards to the lotto...lotto is paid out before the contest, so I am unsure as to why you are upset over this. By the time that lotto is paid out again around the middle of the month, there is usually enough to pay a fair amount.

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:03 pm   

Dustydragon wrote:

These numbers you are not so fond of went through the wringer with the admin team, before they were approved. So please don't think that DemonicJ, just picked them out of his hat and chose them himself to make his dynasty richer.

In regards to the lotto...lotto is paid out before the contest, so I am unsure as to why you are upset over this. By the time that lotto is paid out again around the middle of the month, there is usually enough to pay a fair amount.

Huhh??? where have I mentioned the name DemonicJ ??
And where did I say I was upset?? How can I after 4 or 5 years, still get upset by strange own advantage changes.. I'm used to that by now
I also know that give my opinion, is make no sense, changes never reversed.

Dustydragon 
banned

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:11 pm   

Anyone who uses different colours in their post obviously has some feelings towards what they are typing.
I am not saying you are mad or upset, I am saying that you are passionate.

As for me mentioning DJ's name...that is me saying his name, not you. That is for everyone to know. A lot of members believe that DJ makes all decisions when it comes to everything admin. I was stating something factual. That was towards everyone, not just you ;)

but this quote "How can I after 4 or 5 years, still get upset by strange own advantage changes.. I'm used to that by now " shows me you still harbour a grudge towards him, which is sad
Life does get better if you forgive and forget....move forward with life and really things do get much better
I mean, this is only the internet, what if it were real life?

My mother and I haven't spoken in many years, and I do not hold ill will towards her, I forgive, and I move forward. That is real life....this ;) is just a game. Shrug it off and let it go :)

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:40 pm   

Anyone? thats a big word, my mother told me, use never words like ''always never everyone ''
you say that you have not used the word upset, while I really see the word typed by you.
And if you want to tell something to all people, why you say it to me? I not called his name!! you twisted it so that I have mentioned his name
But you know what??
you have right, you have always right ( sorry mom I used the word always)

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:29 pm   

Hi Marga, Dynasties has gotten larger, the 50k prize used to be shared with 60 members in a large dynasty (833.33 credits per member) , now 62k credits and 75 members (826.66 credits per member) ...how does that make anybody richer? True the prize will increase over the next 4 months but if you were in our shoes trying to reward the dynasty members for a job well done and had less than 1k to give to each, you wouldn't find the increase unfair.
Unlike the dynasty you are in, where it appears credits won or hoarded just stay useless accumulated on a few members accounts, we, in the Mob, pay out every credit won to the members.
I believe it is expected that with 9 dynasties now eligible to win prizes clicks will increase and thereby so will the lotto income - (if not, I would vote for a tax on inactive or accumulating credits) ;)
People here has been complaining about the contests or asking for new contests for a long time - here you have an idea for a change and without coming with a better suggestion you just play the same old tune: Bah it's made for Mob only to benefit Mob .... Newsflash Marga: Mob can only win one of the contests there are 8 more prizes to win now.
Come up with a better idea or stop complaining when someone does.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:41 pm   

Ferrari wrote:
The rich get absolutely richer while the poor get absolutely poorer

Click to view The Rich List

So from your comments Ferrari we can all summise that you will give back an 'extra' credits you might earn over the previous contest if you win

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

PaiGow 
Gamer Legend

Helped: 1
Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 pm   

A couple simple questions..

1) Why the decision for so little difference in prize between 1st and 3rd place ?
In the previous incarnation, the prize was several thousands credits difference. Now it seems insignificant.

2) While BIG dynasty prize grows 100% between July and November, TINY grows only 40% and HUGE grows 50%. Why the disparity?

Warm regards,

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:38 pm   

As all categories min member requirement increase so will the percentage increase.

Tiny over the 5 months has an increase of only 50% to members
Big is 100% increase in min members over the 5 months
Huge has only a 50% increase to min member requirement over 5 months.

So yes, you would expect that the middle tier would appear to have the higher credit growth (expressed as a percentage)

Dustydragon 
banned

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:46 pm   

Ferrari wrote:
Anyone? thats a big word, my mother told me, use never words like ''always never everyone ''
I said ANYONE
Ferrari wrote:
you say that you have not used the word upset, while I really see the word typed by you.
you are correct and I apologize
Ferrari wrote:
And if you want to tell something to all people, why you say it to me? I not called his name!! you twisted it so that I have mentioned his name
My message quoted you yes ;) but.....
It was meant for Anyone, that bad word (everybody) and you ;)
Ferrari wrote:
But you know what??
you have right, you have always right ( sorry mom I used the word always)

Yes, I like to be right, but no, I don't always have to be right all the time
Once in awhile is nice, but you will see, if I am wrong, I will say so.

The way you (Ferrari) are going on and on about this, it seems you have to be right about this, and no one's opinion or anything matters. No matter what I say, because I am an admin, or because I speak up for DJ, will matter to you. If I spoke for you, you would listen to me 100%
Not all agree with each other, but sometimes you do find a happy medium (middle), and Jeanne pointed out something important. Instead of constantly complaining over and over again, give some suggestions.
I would love to hear some suggestions. I can only come up with so many, as can the other admins :)
This is your site too.

PaiGow 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:28 am   

Can someone explain how the "Credits per Member" calculation works?

For example will a dynasty that wins BIG with 30 members gain more credits than a dynasty that wins with just 25 members?

This "Credits per Member" thing seems obfuscated (willfully ambiguous).

Warm regards,

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:17 am   

PaiGow wrote:
Can someone explain how the "Credits per Member" calculation works?

For example will a dynasty that wins BIG with 30 members gain more credits than a dynasty that wins with just 25 members?

This "Credits per Member" thing seems obfuscated (willfully ambiguous).

Warm regards,

No, the number of members required to be in the contest is 20 and the prize is set, whether you have 21 or 31 members doesn't affect the prize just like it was in "old" contests.
The prize is set to be x credits per member required to qualify in the contest not per member you have in your dyn.
Over the next months you will need to have more members in your dyn to be in the same contest and the prize will go up according to how many members are required but with the same amount of credits per member.

Me thinks to you, everything is obfuscated (thanks for the new word to my vocabulary) :razz:

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:22 am   

The credits to be awarded for all contests has been changed by Yarold. Ill let him announce the changes he has made.

dirk2103 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:10 pm   

I once had a question:
the award funds are currently in the first contribution and are correct?.
or something has changed here.?
there is space for 3) in the 40 + contest get loans 56000th

I only get 32 000 credits.

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:29 pm   

Yes Dirk and 1st prize should be 62k as I read it, I don't know how you are going to explain to the members of UBC that the site owner changed his mind and (bad word) us out of the promised prizes, I am certainly lost for any nice way of explaining it .... I guess I'll tell them to stop showing extra links, hoard credits instead that's the only "reward" you can be sure to get. :evil:

PS: we only got 38k.

dirk2103 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:58 pm   

I think you should also pay the prices that are contributing to that.
Everything else is (bad word) :evil:

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:21 am   

I ran the numbers
10+ paid
1st 1050cr x 10 members
2nd 900cr x 10 members
3rd 800cr x 10 members

20+ paid
1st 1200cr x 20members
2nd 1050cr x 20 members
3rd 950cr s 20members

40+ paid
1st 950cr x 40 members
2nd 850cr x 40members
3rd 800cr x 40 members

This month the levels will (should) be
11+ members
25+ members
45+members

Prizes unknown at this point, but I would hope those dynasties that spend the time & effort recruiting & training are rewarded accordingly unlike last month

PaiGow 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:09 am   

Looking at real life.. in how many competitions does last place still win a prize?

Maybe it should be reconsidered creating an exclusive competition (40+) where every one that qualifies will win.

Kudos to Rozz for assigning an appropriate prize!

Reply to topic