SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Yarold 
Site Admin

Helped: 12 times
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:05 pm   01.05.2012

We are going to make experiment of setting max dynasty size to 75. We will monitor dynasties and alliances grow(or shrink) for next few months and decide what are best numbers.
Last edited by Yarold on Thu May 03, 2012 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total  

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:25 pm   

sigh..... why must have the best dynasty more more and more??
New members automatically choose the highest dynasty, but because that dynasty was always full, other dynastys get a change to grow, that chance is gone now.
I think it's an unfair situation, but as usual, the person who think up this plan will not agree with me...

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:43 pm   

600 new accounts created since the 22nd March. At least 2 new big dynasty's have been created (1 has 42members the other is at 26 members) & a number of smaller dynasties. Those dynasties didnt rely on chance, they recruited.

As for the person who came up with the plan not agreeing with you, I would be interested to see if they do or dont. (pssss it isnt a new idea, but a rather old one that finally has come to fruition)

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Dustydragon 
banned

Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:04 pm   

I am all for this idea.
I have seen tiny dynasties grow from small to big in the 2 years I have been here.

Those who have smaller dynasties, choose to have smaller dynasties. I believe if they wanted to grow they would. Anyone who really wants to work at having a bigger dynasty can do it, and all it takes is some patience, time, and hard work.

It can happen, and like I have said, I have seen it happen. :)

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:27 pm   

yay! I finally have room for returning shoguns! ._. I was forever at my wits end worrying about kicking newer members to make room so returning shoguns had room to rejoin. Wolfpack isn't the best dynasty. But we're bursting at the seams and not enough room for returning shoguns and the friends they bring with them that want to join their friend. I mean I had to look and pick who to kick just to make room.

dirk2103 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:27 pm   

i have room and i find no members.
when the dynasty have limit 75 user the Ally must be have 500 limit.

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:44 pm   

It isn't working, recruits gets the msg we are full at 60 :(

Dustydragon 
banned

Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:43 am   

dirk2103 wrote:

Do you not have members that you can kick for new members, instead of allies? We will look at our members and who we can kick before we look at our allies....oh wait, I don't have to do that anymore ;) LOL
(but it is a thought, as there are some members that are not clickers or have very long periods of inactivity, that I would rather see leave, then an ally that is going to give me links) ;)

dirk2103 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:59 am   

what.?????

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:57 am   

LOL Dirk I had same reaction :mrgreen:

I just accepted member number 61 so it is working now, thank you Stan
:smile:

dirk2103 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:15 pm   

i don´t understand this update.?????????

Dustydragon 
banned

Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:07 pm   

dirk2103 wrote:
what.?????

i must have misunderstood what you said earlier

dirk2103 wrote:

I took this to mean that you aren't finding members to kick, but you have to kick allies.
My apologies.

Right now, the member limit has changed from 60 to 75 for each dynasty and the ally limit is still the same at 400.
The reason for this change is due to the amount of new members Yarold's has been taking in lately.
This is a change we are TRYING out.

Jeanne wrote:
LOL Dirk I had same reaction :mrgreen:
Just a warning ;) Your little snide comments about me on the forums....they are going to stop. I do notice them Jeanne, I am not blind.

dirk2103 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:14 pm   

Against the change at 75 I have nothing.
Only with the 400 in the Ally does not function properly anymore.
ie: 5 large dynasties in an Ally and Ally is full

Dustydragon 
banned

Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:44 pm   

dirk2103 this is something that was forseen to happen...and is one reason we are Experimenting ;)

Thank you for your feedback

PaiGow 
Gamer Legend

Helped: 1
Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:05 am   

The Mob is already strong enough to win both Large and Tiny dynasty contests at the same time?

All they need to do is to create a new dynasty before reset the day of the contest and fill it with a few of their top members.

Then after reset.. the members close down the temporary dynasty and rejoin the Mob.

It's that simple.. already.

They do not need to grow anymore. Maybe 2+ years ago when there were 325 members online every day at 20:00 HH and 6+ dynasties with 59 members it made some sense to grow to 75 member dynasty limit.

Not any more!

Just my opinion

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:09 am   

PaiGow wrote:
The Mob is already strong enough to win both Large and Tiny dynasty contests at the same time?

Yes we have been in that position of being able to do both for some time. However we will not do it

PaiGow wrote:
Maybe 2+ years ago when there were 325 members online every day

325 (mainly) Europeans online for the 20hh a few years ago, when those online actually showed extra links during that time. Since then links were shown before or after that HH or even in history you may recall.

That aside, total users today is still greater than back then (over 1000 unique users here a day). Question you have to ask yourself if your dynasty isnt already big, is what if anything are you doing about that. Or, if your content with your dynasty size, why not allow others that are increasing their size to get a chance too.

dirk2103 wrote:
5 large dynasties in an Ally and Ally is full

75 x 5 = 375 leaving a space of 25 for another smaller ally or 2 (ie 5 allies dont equal a full alliance at all). Dynasty alliance numbers are set so that scenario you mentioned dirk2103 cant happen

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Wolverines
Gamer God

Helped: 1
Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:28 pm   

Ferrari wrote:
New members automatically choose the highest dynasty, but because that dynasty was always full, other dynastys get a change to grow, that chance is gone now.
I think it's an unfair situation, but as usual, the person who think up this plan will not agree with me...

i agree and i wasnt out voted on this change and it still happened.....with a condition but i was told since this isnt my idea that i would never like it or vote for it...talked about being ********** off being told that...

now i wait too see if the people who wanted this change will still live up to what they agreed to

as i said in chat when discussing this it is stan/rozz/yarold site and if he wants it i support him

Dustydragon 
banned

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:13 pm   

Wolverines wrote:
Ferrari wrote:

i agree and i wasnt out voted on this change and it still happened.....with a condition but i was told since this isnt my idea that i would never like it or vote for it...talked about being ********** off being told that...

now i wait too see if the people who wanted this change will still live up to what they agreed to

as i said in chat when discussing this it is stan/rozz/yarold site and if he wants it i support him

Wow Erik, I am quite shocked by this, then again I am not.
It was a stalemate if I remember correctly.

I seriously don't understand it? Why is it that when people are trying to make good changes, people have to find something suspicious about it? The past is gone, the break up is over...can we please move past this all, and move forward. All this drama over some change that may or may not stay?
Try it out, see what happens, if you like it, great, if it works, great....if it doesn't great.
That is all Stan is trying to figure out.
We are just trying to make Yarold's better for everyone, EVEN the little dynasties, which personally, I think have it better than the bigger ones.

As for the Mob being the Best Dynasty :roll: but staying at the top doesn't make you the best. They have negatives, they have nones, they have hiddens (maybe not all the time, but they do)
To me, the Best Dynasty, is a Dynasty that works together and is a full strong community...no negs, no hiddens, no nones/hiddens ever. Now that is The Best Dynasty ;)
Until I see that, there isn't one.....LOL

PS....I don't think new members choose the best dynasty...I think it also has to do with them being mailed as well ;)

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:43 am   

;) A always positive dynasty might not be the best dyn. Because those members might be hoarders and sitting on credits doing nothing with them. Wouldn't you call that hoarding? Wouldn't you say a good neg who receives as much as he clicks and doesn't have a penny to his name a good model citizen of yarolds since he has no credits sitting in his account? or is he bad because he is neg? i don't get you. 1st you say you hate hoarders and people sitting on credits doing nothing with them, now you spout this hate on neg members, who are really being model citzens of yarold city.

With magistream coming back to yarolds, wolfpack has experienced a severe lack of space for returning shoguns and clickers, I merely see the extra space as extra breathing room, so I can let good folks back in. I'm still remaining close to size 60. Bad clickers still get cycled out and kicked. l welcome this change as it gives me more breathing room.

jassej 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:12 pm   

Dustydragon wrote:
dirk2103 this is something that was forseen to happen...and is one reason we are Experimenting ;)

Experimenting :shock:

You mean, we are fully, break one, two or more ally and then you (admin, site owner) see that not good, make again max 60 members?
And when we want really and they don't whant??
What I should to say, that was just a Experiment?
Whit something like that cannot be Experimenting, that to sensible.
And how some say before, that good just for 2,3 dynasty, for all others a bad, VERY BAD update.

Reply to topic