SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Where do I go to report a site not accepting click exchange?
Altairamintaka 
n00b

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:06 pm   Where do I go to report a site not accepting click exchange?

I recently returned to yarold's after a long time away. I had to make a new account because my old one was destroyed due to inactivity. (Understandable.)

Anyway, I was clicking around, and I noticed that the site www.virtuadopts.com no longer accepts any clicks from yarold's. But the virtuadopts links are still being shown in the link exchange.

So I was wondering, where do I go to tell yarold's that the site no longer accepts CE visits and that they need to reject the virtuadopt links? I looked around and I couldn't figure out how to submit this sort of report.

Thanks for any help you can give,
Alta

Alba 
Gamer God
Dark Side Empress

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:58 pm   

Welcome back to Yarold's!

Annie 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:24 am   

I don't think it's Yarolds.

I just came back from 2 weeks away in hospital to the same problem.

I brought a new PC and now I can't click VA links on Yarolds.

I get a 403 error.

Although my VA eggs are hatching vie Yarolds so other people must be able to click them.

I am guessing it's something to do with either my FF 4.0.1 browser settings or my AVAST anti virus not allowing referer variables.

I have been trying to fix it for a couple of hours now but without solution.

Ecco 
Site Admin

Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:17 pm   

Hi Annie
Those links only work: http://www.virtuadopt.com/quick_feed.php?id=xxxxxx annie and clear cookies (ccleaner)sometimes that helps because yarolds isnt the problem, i tested it.
And i noticed when i logged in at Va and click here they work also.

goodluck annie

Annie 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:42 am   

Yeah, I did all that mate. It's a brand new PC as well. I knew Yarolds wasn't the problem.

I still can't click others VAs on here, it must be some browser setting or Win 7 setting I havn't found yet.

Google is no use when it comes to how to set allow HTTP refering, (if indeed that is the problem becasue I don't believe it's any of the others)

I can receive clicks fine, I can only appologise to those users with VA links on here as I can't click them without getting the error page :(

Ty For the help though.

whenonlagain 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:19 am   

Annie wrote:

yes, have the same "problem" on three computers (2 with ff4 on ubuntu 11.04 and 1 with ff3.5 on ubuntu 10.11).
All does delete all the cookies on closing browser and the temp-directory get lost on logout (so no ccleaner or stuff is needed for me)...
They are all connected via different providers (one with fixed IP and the other with dynamic).

The only similar thing are the addons.
I deactivated all of them for testing -except flashblock :wink: - and the error (http://www.virtuadopt.com/403.php) still occurs.

So I dont know the reason either...

addendum:
I tried it now via Chromium and it works without 403... But I have flashblock for that too and the same IP like trying with FF.....
Last edited by whenonlagain on Mon May 30, 2011 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total  

Alba 
Gamer God
Dark Side Empress

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:30 am   

whenonlagain wrote:
yes, have the same "problem" on three computers (2 with ff4 on ubuntu 11.04 and 1 with ff3.5 on ubuntu 10.11).

All does delete all the cookies on closing browser and the temp-directory get lost on logout (so no ccleaner or stuff is needed for me)...
They are all connected via different providers (one with fixed IP and the other with dynamic).

The only similar thing are the addons.
I deactivated all of them for testing -except flashblock :wink: - and the error (http://www.virtuadopt.com/403.php) still occurs.

So I dont know the reason either...

It's the same for me, I tried everything and nothing is working for that.
My browser is SeaMonkey, so, neither is Firefox problem, and I use CCleaner too, but not way.
I think it's VA's issue, not ours, so, I'll contact Stefanol and I'll ask him if he knows why it's happening.
I'll leave you know anything that I get from him :)

Alba 
Gamer God
Dark Side Empress

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:21 pm   

I got an answer already, so fast and nice as always, thanks Stefanol

Annie 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:02 am   

OK, I made an exception on Avast, disabled my fire wall and both had no effect.

HOWEVER I have discovered the problem is actually using Multilinks. If I press then individually or use "open all" then the links work with no problems.

It's only using Multilinks that the error occurs.
Last edited by Annie on Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total  

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:35 am   

if you're using multilinks addon on firefox 4, then there is a referral 403 error happening. Using snaplinks addon for firefox 4 I did not get the error.

whenonlagain 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:40 am   

I think its a generall Firefox4 thing and has nothing to do with Addons or Firewall (it should also affect via cromium) or Antivirus (I have none).

I am able to open such links with cromium (google browser) without getting the 403.

I reset my Firefox4 by renaming the .mozilla directory (thats an easy way in Linux) --> no addons or extensions...
But the 403 still exists.

AND I cant remember that error before using new Ubuntu 11.04 - that update brought ff4...

I cant explain, why you get no 403 while you deactivate snaplinks, cause I cant see that effect!

cu

Alba 
Gamer God
Dark Side Empress

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:29 am   

whenonlagain wrote:
I think its a generall Firefox4 thing and has nothing to do with Addons or Firewall (it should also affect via cromium) or Antivirus (I have none).

I don't use FF and I get the error too. Only thing I can say is that it's driving me crazy :roll:
Somedays VA gives me errors and somedays not, I don't think it's about browsers or addons, I'm using always the same.

Namilee 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:36 am   

By using snaplinks lite with the Seamonkey browser I don't get any errors with VA.

Weirdly I get the 403 when I'm using FF and multilinks.Snaplinks doesn't work for me in FF.

It is definitely a browser/addon issue.And I recommend using Seamonkey for Yarolds,it's the fastest browser and uses less RAM than FF.

FF=550-1600 MB
Seamonkey=300-600 MB no matter how many tabs are opened. ;)

Reply to topic