SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Monthly contest to reward more dynasties.

Would you like to see the monthly contest prizes spread across more teams
Yes
57%
 57%  [ 11 ]
No
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Voted : 19
Total Votes: 19

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:06 pm   Monthly contest to reward more dynasties.

I think that unless the dynasties competition becomes more dynamic it faces stagnation and eventual death. With this in mind and the fact that every dynasty contributes, to greater or lesser degrees, I would like to see the monthly prizes spread over many more teams. At least 10 would be a good start. Dividing the contest into two sections, over 30 members one half and under 30 the other would be worth considering.

This should help the smaller dynasties grow and eventually increase competition at the top.

Ella 
Gamer Legend

Helped: 1
Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:45 pm   

I like the idea.
So many small dynasties have given up, it would be great to see more of them again.
Smaller dynasties work hard but can not compete to the high averages of the big dynasties.
Dividing the contest in two sections will make it interesting again for everyone.

Wolverines
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:14 pm   

average is already figured on top 15 (i think)...plus i can already see it 3 people make a team and they get all big dynasty to team them...they get 1200+ average and win contest.. still same thing i.m.o...they would either win contest with their big dynasty or they win with their little dynasty or now with both

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:58 pm   

The point is Wolverines that the winnings would be lessened for the top teams and spread more evenly across the dynasties. That is fairer because it is often the lower teams taking on more noobs with neg balances as those at the top get too involved, IMHO, just in the winning.

If you were likely to give money to people who had fallen on hard times would it be the homeless/destitute or bankers who'd had to trade down from a Rolls to Merc? ;)

Alba 
Gamer God
Dark Side Empress

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:11 pm   

turdkey wrote:
If you were likely to give money to people who had fallen on hard times would it be the homeless/destitute or bankers who'd had to trade down from a Rolls to Merc? ;)

We aren't here for fix the world, we are playing a game.

turdkey wrote:
The point is Wolverines that the winnings would be lessened for the top teams and spread more evenly across the dynasties. That is fairer because it is often the lower teams taking on more noobs with neg balances as those at the top get too involved, IMHO, just in the winning.

The point in the monthly contest isn't share a bunch of credits.
The point is reward the best dynasties exchanging links, (link exchange site is what it is)

Dustydragon 
banned

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:11 pm   

turdkey wrote:

Sorry I have to disagree with you here...

I am very glad you said IMHO....because, I have now been a part of two dynasties and have seen, and been/am a part of the recruiting process and in no way is anyone NOT recruited based on neg balances. Just because someone has a neg balance does not mean that they can not make it positive or be taught how to make it positive. If the top teams are focused on the winning, then of course they are going to want all the clickers they can get and if they can teach someone to click well, they by all means, the more the merrier, negative balances or not. :mrgreen:

As for the lower teams taking on the 'noobs', well that is because some of the lower teams choose to not have set standards to 'play' in the 'war' that the rest of the dynasties do. And for some of the 'noobs', that is what suits them perfectly for what they need and want out of Yarolds.

JMO :mrgreen:

*huggles*

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:23 pm   

;) Big dynasties who want to keep up top and grow must always continue recruiting and training newbies. There aren't enough non noobs around, so we make clickers out of the noobs by teaching them. And besides people come and go, so if recruiting stopped, dynasties would shrink

Yarolds is a link exchange, WE give and we take. It works well because of that and getting rewarded for being a good clicker makes clicking less boring and more fun.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:27 pm   

Lessening the prizes for the winners would also see a decrease in links available to be clicked in the dynasty exchange.

I do however agree that winnings should go further, to third place, but not out to 10th. As for a split contest (31+ members & a seperate contest for 30 or less) could have some merit as long as dynasty dont shed members just to win the 30 or less contest.

Contests could also be changed in how they are evaluated. Currently top 15 is used, why not top 40 or 50?? For the sub 30 contest pool contest should also be evaluated on a fixed number of members. Start at 10 members & slowly build it up so the dynasties have another incentive to grow! so 3 months later, it could be top 15, then top 20 etc until it too is measured at 30 members

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty
Last edited by DemonicJ on Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total  

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:49 pm   

BS that's rich!

How many negs do you have in the Mob DJ? I found 1, we have 7 and even the dynasty who you took that quote from has 1. Of course it isn't just the number but the percentage that counts.
Obviously the 80,000 credits your team wins each month help spread some credits about but I doubt it stimulates the entire dynasty system.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:58 pm   

Yes only 1, shows how good we help & mentor (we also are against transferring credits to neg members as thats just a self defeating prophecy). Might also surprise you to discover that most if not all the credits won do go back through the dynasty system. Most of my VIPs & a few non vips, showed extra links all day at the end of the month (cost roughly 2500 credits, avg prize given back to members was about 2000 credits). So yes I think we are doing our bit for the dynasty system, if we werent our minavg wouldnt be that good to start with.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Dustydragon 
banned

Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:26 pm   

turdkey wrote:

Obviously the 80,000 credits your team wins each month help spread some credits about but I doubt it stimulates the entire dynasty system.

I am not sure what the motive is that keeps people thinking the MOB is a cash cow with the credits to our negative members, but hold up. Think for one minute, just one minute on what you are saying here. So the MOB wins all these credits, and supposedly passes them on down to our negative members....well hello, why not bombard all the members with the credits we have at the end of the month and make them all vips to show twice as many links???????

Come on!? Think about what you are insinuating...it doesn't make any sense at all. None what so ever. Personally, I am quite tired of all the accusations, when I haven't seen one shred of PROOF...... :roll: Whatever happened to 'Innocent until PROVEN guilty'?

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:34 am   

Strange how only mob members are here to defend their team?

Every dynasty I know mentors noobs but few, if any have such huge resources at their disposal and only one Dynasty has no one to oversee it's actions

I wouldn't bother how many links you show because I doubt there is any philanthropic motive other than that it helps maintain/boost Mob averages.That is understandable but PLEASE don't try to claim the moral high ground it is unbecoming for people in your positions of authority. The people expect it from Politicians not forum mods for gods sake.

As for the lack of any other input in this threaad seeing as the usual punishment for questioning any decision here is normally banning, the seizure of credits or both that does not surprise me one bit.These arguments have all been had before, the difference then was there were closer to 600 in the dynasty system than the 400 now.

I have a certain amount of respect for the Mob's achievements but the fact remains that when the top team contains those who control the entire game you, your motives and decisions will always be viewed with suspicion by some. That is the price you pay for centralising control.
It would be a shame if all those achievements were overshadowed if the current admin team were remembered as being the mods who oversaw the demise of Yarolds wouldn't it Jay?

Whatever you do decide to change if the Mob appear, even in the slightest, to maintain their position as principle beneficiaries then I doubt it will have any long term benefits and for gods sake remember there are plenty who no longer even bother to play this part of the game. They deserve something as well!

Now please do refrain from the other usual practice of closing the thread after making a snide remark and denying the right to reply. I doubt you have any real idea just how much resentment that little game has caused.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:00 am   

turdkey wrote:

No not strange at all. Its called teamwork. The mob works hard as a team & will defend itself hard as a team

turdkey wrote:

Every dynasty I know mentors noobs but few, if any have such huge resources at their disposal and only one Dynasty has no one to oversee it's actions

Look again, plenty of resources in all dynasties
Code:
http://swle.yarold.eu/memberlist.php?p=0&s=1&c[]=1&c[]=7&c[]=10&c[]=11&c[]=12&c[]=13&cu=Update
Also you will find three other admins in other dynasties as well, so yes everyone is overseen

turdkey wrote:
I wouldn't bother how many links you show because I doubt there is any philanthropic motive other than that it helps maintain/boost Mob averages

Last time I checked, this was a link exchange site, So by us showing as many or more links as we click, I would say thats well within the spirit of the sites design. If the by product of doing that well is a higher score than others as a team, then stands to reason we do a pretty good job of it (thanks also to our allies I have to add)

BTW, rather than trying to stir the pot, instead apply for a moderators job. You will find that post elsewhere in the forum.

Wolverines
Gamer God

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:00 am   

well turdkey i dont know you but to say i am just here for the MOB is bs ...once again people running off at the mouth before they even have the slightest idea...i get tired of it... in fact it was brought to mine attention a couple of months ago by someone to change the monthly contest....i cant remember his name but it start with a D and end with a j..so i did ask around about idea's in the chat rooms (as i am in alot of them)..

rusvill 
n00b

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:15 am   

First, this all probably doesn't effect me since I'm in the process of leaving Yarolds due to time commitments. I'm also not that fazed on how this all ends up since I am/was one of those n00bs who was really only ever here to get clicks. The only difference is that I rarely went negative.

Second, let's be honest, the only person/entity which really benefits from the competition is Yarold/Stan/Rozz/yarold.eu. Stan has to increase clicks somehow. Yarold has to encourage clicking without discouraging clickers. I'm not discouraged - I'm leaving because of lack of time.

Third, my ideas:
1) Reward the top five (or at minimum, three) teams. For example, 1st = 80,000, 2nd = 40,000, 3rd = 20,000, 4th = 10,000 and 5th = 5,000 or better still 50,000/30,000/20,000/15,000/10,000 in order to encourage competition but still make the differences for the higher places more worthwhile.
2) In addition to, or separately from 1) Split the comp into two sections with three to five winners in each section. Have the sections locked in for the duration of any month so that the 'Durstan team' can't leave to gain an advantage and then return or even be accused of it.
3) Maybe the top 15 clickers isn't enough. Maybe it does need to be the entire team min ave. Even then I can see potential issues with that unless 2) is used. Perhaps the top 50% of a team or something would be better.
4) MOST IMPORTANT of these... The team who won last month should not be eligible for FIRST place this month. Even better, First is only eligible for 3rd at most the month after their win, then 2nd the next month, then back to possible first in the third month. This should encourage teams to still compete in subsequent months but still allow others to keep up or catch up.

Fourth and finally, Admins should NEVER be involved in Dynasties. Yarold does well by having a persistant link but a 0 minave. Reward Admins with a permanent link but remove them from being in Dynasties. This is for accountability. Why do you think that a cheque always has to be countersigned? Why does a Prime Minister have a cabinet?
Last edited by rusvill on Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total  

Dustydragon 
banned

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:19 am   

turdkey wrote:

ahhhh ya, you seem to only focus on the MOB in all of your 'suggestions/concerns'
I mean if it were another dynasty and I didn't agree with you, I can say for sure I would put my two cents in there as well.

turdkey wrote:

As DJ pointed out, there are other mods/Admin from other dynasties and let's not forget that Rozz has FINAL say. Why is it that everyone seems to forget that? :shock:

turdkey wrote:
I wouldn't bother how many links you show because I doubt there is any philanthropic motive other than that it helps maintain/boost Mob averages.That is understandable but PLEASE don't try to claim the moral high ground it is unbecoming for people in your positions of authority. The people expect it from Politicians not forum mods for gods sake.

not everyone in the MOB has a position of 'authority'...just brains :wink: hee hee :razz:

turdkey wrote:
As for the lack of any other input in this thread seeing as the usual punishment for questioning any decision here is normally banning, the seizure of credits or both that does not surprise me one bit.These arguments have all been had before, the difference then was there were closer to 600 in the dynasty system than the 400 now.

this makes me wonder why you haven't yet been banned or been put on suspension?
I don't see this as a credible statement. Sorry. :roll:

turdkey wrote:
I have a certain amount of respect for the Mob's achievements but the fact remains that when the top team contains those who control the entire game you, your motives and decisions will always be viewed with suspicion by some. That is the price you pay for centralising control.
It would be a shame if all those achievements were overshadowed if the current admin team were remembered as being the mods who oversaw the demise of Yarolds wouldn't it Jay?

respect? not seeing it...as for when you have respect for someone you do not post things like this "if the current admin team were remembered as being the mods who oversaw the demise of Yarolds wouldn't it Jay?" That is not respect, that is DISRESPECT.

re-spect: esteem for or a sense of the worth or excellence of a person, a personal quality or ability, or something considered as a manifestation of a personal quality or ability
(taken from dictionary.com)

What good is it to talk of how you respect a teams' play and then bad mouth the leaders? The leaders are what make the team. If the team didn't trust the leaders then the team wouldn't be a good team. If you are disrespecting them, then you are disrespecting the team as well.

turdkey wrote:
Whatever you do decide to change if the Mob appear, even in the slightest, to maintain their position as principle beneficiaries then I doubt it will have any long term benefits and for gods sake remember there are plenty who no longer even bother to play this part of the game. They deserve something as well!

so in other words, the MOB should take to losing, and shouldn't be good clickers? Ha ha ha ha - ya NOT! (I would NEVER ask any other dynasty to do this)
I didn't join Yarolds because I didn't want to click...I joined because I don't mind clicking. I joined a dynasty because I can click, and I joined the best dynasty because that is what they are.
I seriously believe that even with DJ and Alba being in the MOB and admins, if they weren't at the top and some other dynasty was #1 and was constantly winning, people would have a problem with that winning dynasty. People are going to complain because they are not winning and are sore losers. It is life, and we are all human, enough said.
The main thing people need to realize is that THIS IS JUST A GAME :mrgreen:
I come to Yarolds to click, chat, laugh and have some fun, do my part, and then I go on to my real life and be a mom and a wife. This is my down time, my FUN time, MY time.
:mrgreen:

rusvill 
n00b

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:21 am   

PS, perhaps even Admins should be given one (or more) links placed at the top of the page above even the highest MinAve instead of at the bottom as is currently.

Admins should NEVER be allowed to compete in Dynasties. Moderators, yes. All they do is make sure people don't swear in the forums, etc., etc., but Admins have to power to ban, kick, etc.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:40 am   

rusvill wrote:

Admins should NEVER be allowed to compete in Dynasties. Moderators, yes. All they do is make sure people don't swear in the forums, etc., etc., but Admins have to power to ban, kick, etc

So admins shouldnt be allowed to play the game the want too? Good luck finding any site where the admins cant play the game! People that get banned get done so under the rules of the site & done so an agreement with other staff members.

rusvill wrote:
Yarold does well by having a persistant link but a 0 minave. Reward Admins with a permanent link but remove them from being in Dynasties. This is for accountability. Why do you think that a cheque always has to be countersigned? Why does a Prime Minister have a cabinet?

I have no access to the financials of the site so therefore no counter signing needed, nor am I the prime minister (head of yarolds). Yarold is. So the president of your local running club isnt allowed to run? The captain of the football team isnt allowed to play?

Finally the topic is "Monthly contest to reward more dynasties." keep it on topic.

rusvill 
n00b

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:49 am   

Yes, Demonic, Admins should not be allowed to play. To use your examples of a running club, a club captain or president. Of course they are allowed to run - THEY don't create or enforce the rules, nor are they in a position of which they are able to gain any unfair advantage by banning runners from other clubs.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:57 am   

Admins here are also allowed to play because they cant ban runners up for advantage, the sites owner ensures that.

Now keep the posts to topic

Reply to topic