SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
explosion in the number of negative links
cill 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:30 am   explosion in the number of negative links

Hello to all.

As everyone has noted, there is a problem of link in negative and none.

It's very difficult to be understood by new players. This is explained by the language barrier but also because Yarold is not straightforward at first. The mail is not very efficient, as well as donations of funds and short explanations in the notes. In fact, nothing works!

Accept only confirmed players is certainly not the solution. So here's my idea: could we not simply remove the possibility of multiple links for new players (who are dynasty) and the automatic deletion of visibility in hand when they disconnect. This to a certain rank. In the case of our Dynasty, The Friendly Team, it would be appropriate to operate this way to the rank of Daimyo. At this rank, a negative would be a mismanagement of the dynasty and could expose themselves to "retaliation" from our allies. This is an example, since each dynasty set the limit to reach to change category, but to everyone take its responsibilities.
Otherwise, more radical, to give the possibility for the emperor to act directly on the accounts of new players, but I'm not too much for.

Before posting this idea, with Samembal3, we have tried many solutions.
But one thing is clear to us all: many abandoned because of too many misunderstandings. I site Samembal3 "Some numbers: there were 620 players in the dynasties in early January, 579 today.
It might be good also to reduce the size of alliances with 400/579 there is not much choice. "

In short, we must find a solution to this problem because it rotted the general ambience, it's a pity.

Zidane 
Mini Ming Dynasty mod

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:24 pm   

What about something like "freelancers and peasants - one link allowed, samurais - three links, daimyos - five links - above - ten links allowed"? This might make some freelancers go into dynasties if there will be some message like "You are not in a dynasty, you can show only one link!! If you want to show more links, join some dynasty!" and then "You are only a peasant, you can show only one link!! Ask the emperor for promotion to be able to show more links!" or something like that? I know, this might cause some problems at HHs, but I think that all the good clickers are promoted very fast so the problems should not be too big IMO.

I think this could be helpful for dynasties because this will mean more joinings. Of course this will mean more work for us emperors, kampakus and shoguns to teach all the newbies everything needed for the dynasty, but even if one joiner from ten will evolves into top clicker, I think it will be good.

Darkleviathan 
Gamer

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:04 pm   

CZ-Zidane wrote:
What about something like "freelancers and peasants - one link allowed, samurais - three links, daimyos - five links - above - ten links allowed"? This might make some freelancers go into dynasties if there will be some message like "You are not in a dynasty, you can show only one link!! If you want to show more links, join some dynasty!" and then "You are only a peasant, you can show only one link!! Ask the emperor for promotion to be able to show more links!" or something like that? I know, this might cause some problems at HHs, but I think that all the good clickers are promoted very fast so the problems should not be too big IMO.

I think this could be helpful for dynasties because this will mean more joinings. Of course this will mean more work for us emperors, kampakus and shoguns to teach all the newbies everything needed for the dynasty, but even if one joiner from ten will evolves into top clicker, I think it will be good.

Interesting idea but I think it would be unfair for those who don't want to be in a dynasty/ don't have time for dynasty. They might have a few links they want to show and shouldn't be limited to just one just because they aren't in a dynasty.

Zidane 
Mini Ming Dynasty mod

Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:52 pm   

Darkleviathan, you are probably right. I wanted to say that some dynasties do not have "limits" like min clicks, min avg or such and they are glad if you are here and click enough to be positive, but as you say, some people maybe just do not want to be in any dynasty and if it is what they want, so be it :)

Reply to topic