SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Negatives
Bruno73 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:45 am   

Quote:
Yes, and the last forum who provoked us into dropping them 'for that reason' (negative links) has since lost from a presumptive number #2 to #6...

You might try to drop RMV, then La Brute would drop you, then we would see who would be #6 :razz:

More seriously, what happens when some Net member becomes negative? He/she is refunded. I prefer to show 100 more extra links of mine than transferring 100¢ to have a bad clicker's link clicked. Note that in both cases the alliance can get the links/clicks, so why do you complain?

Moreover, when you claim that a negative could be replaced by a better member, that is just a dream: such a better member doesn't really exist. (otherwise you'd be 60 good members in your dynasty, wouldn't you?) There will be some negatives anyway, you cannot get rid of them, unless you feed them again and again... (that because it's not a zero sum game = unless you buy some credits you cannot be clicked as much as you click ; as a consequence there must be some negatives all the time ; an alliance of 400 positive members is an utopia)

Quote:
Do you ever give any thought to where your member's credits come from?

You don't need credits to become a top dynasty (otherwise you'd be #1 already), you need link showers - members who make credits circulate, not members who build up a virtual - and useless - treasure. The more links are shown, the more links are clicked, the more links are shown again and so on. That is more important than "staying positive" - which discourages link showing and encourages credits saving - and that is the way to success. (That was already the case with the old scoring system and is even more effective now with the new one.)

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:14 pm   

DemonicJ wrote:
DaBabes City wrote:

(btw, the last dynasty having dropped RMV - I just learned it was for that reason - has since lost 1 rank...)
Yes, and the last forum who provoked us into dropping them 'for that reason' (negative links) has since lost from a presumptive number #2 to #6... Do you ever give any thought to where your member's credits come from?

Bruno73, contrary to the above comment, would seem based on the graph you posted the Mob seems to hold its own against the Champions of neg freeness. To answer the slide from #2 to #6, since scoring has changed to totals & the dynasty is now 27 members smaller than when we were #3, I would think that is an impressive result to stay that high.
To answer Da Babes comment "Where the credits come from??" Easy answered, they have great allies that include the mob. Couldnt help but notice since dropping the mob your #2 is now a #3 & both dynasties in front of you are allies of the mob. Something in that for you to work out I guess.

~Smile!~ Yes, we are #3 anyway, but your 9 to 12 negatives and lessening gained/given did not give you the #2 spot, did it? Please, work that out, Jay.

[ Added: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:46 pm ]
Bruno73 wrote:

You might try to drop RMV, then La Brute would drop you, then we would see who would be #6 :razz:

La la la la la la! My fingers are in my ears and I am singing and I can't hear you! There are several critical factors here you are overlooking completely or ignoring!

1. Quoting our good and respected Friend Maurice's Short Notes: "If you are negative it's not fair towards everyone, especially our allies and can be accepted only if temporary ; thanks !" We believe he was right, as do many others.

2. The monopoly thing has been tried here already, and it did not work!

3. There is nothing logical about my coming here and spending a years effort and over $4,000 American building a Dynasty, so your brand of logic is wasted on me. I did it to amuse myself. :)

4. My capacity for being amused is sometimes vastly overrated. Should I decide you or anyone else has made it impossible for me to enjoy being here I could pick up my toys and go back to other places I play, where I make all the rules.

5. Then again, I could stay here and throw our support behind your competitors.

6. We were completely content with being #3 ally to Maurice. Things have changed, for the worse.

7. Wouldn't it have been far simpler to have answered Ella politely and say, "Yes, Ella, we will work on our negatives?" We would have sent back smiley faces and thanks.

Bruno73 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:53 pm   

Quote:
7. Wouldn't it have been far simpler to have answered Ella politely and say, "Yes, Ella, we will work on our negatives?" We would have sent back smiley faces and thanks.

I answered your mail by recalling our gained/given data, which are currently:

Allied NET FREAKS! dynasty (562946 gained 551982 given )

That means RMV showed Net Freaks! 10964 more links than conversely.

That also means your request to "work on our negatives" is totally pointless. (I repeat myself: 10 negatives are only 10 unclickable or already clicked links, while we show you WAY MORE extra links)

Start working on showing us more links (we don't need your credits we need your links), then maybe we will pay attention to your wishes.

Until then I call them interference. (or whim or caprice)

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:27 pm   

Bruno73 wrote:
Quote:

I answered your mail by recalling our gained/given data, which are currently:

Allied NET FREAKS! dynasty (562946 gained 551982 given )

That means RMV showed Net Freaks! 10964 more links than conversely.

That also means your request to "work on our negatives" is totally pointless. (I repeat myself: 10 negatives are only 10 unclickable or already clicked links, while we show you WAY MORE extra links)

Start working on showing us more links (we don't need your credits we need your links), then maybe we will pay attention to your wishes.

Until then I call them interference. (or whim or caprice)
You know it is not only that. We need room to grow as many of the smaller dynasties do. Our 50 members have near matched your 60, haven't we?
Last year when your Dynasty was smaller there was a larger deficit. We made it up with credits, and we are near matching now in links. You do not value an ally who has given you a half million plus clicks? If you have eight or ten negatives you know very well that is one or two small dynasties we cannot ally with. That has been tried before on us and it did not work then. :)

Bruno73 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:28 am   

If you think you can replace RMV by 60 never negative allied or dynasty members, go for it! You just risk they won't show you as many extra links as we do...

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:16 am   

Bruno73 wrote:
If you think you can replace RMV by 60 never negative allied or dynasty members, go for it! You just risk they won't show you as many extra links as we do...

Just a moment, please... Let me review my check list...
Quarter of a million credits... Uh oh, we're in trouble already! We are several thousands short of my goal. Oh well... I can buy another 100000 in a few days. :)
Pay pal and Visa Card? Check!
Saint Ella on board? She's waiting for the word from me. Check!
~Note to self, buy extra chocolate and liquor. Tequila? Rum? Tequila AND Rum!~ Check!
I think that about covers everything, if you're certain you wouldn't prefer to limit your negatives to a reasonable number? As I wrote the other night I see a number of big winners in a conflict between us and none of them are your members or ours, but that won't stop us from supporting them. I would prefer not to bother and just get along, if you would agree. It's your choice.

Bruno73 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:27 am   

Quote:
Our 50 members have near matched your 60, haven't we?

Actually, we are now 120.

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:33 am   

Bruno73 wrote:
Quote:
Our 50 members have near matched your 60, haven't we?

...and how many members did the previous attempt at a monopoly have when they were squashed like a bug? :)

[ Added: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:44 am ]
Bruno73 wrote:

Does that mean you refuse to limit your negatives to a reasonable number? Please remember most Dynasties on the platform have at least one member following this "discussion."

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:58 am   

Seems to me you are the one trying to run a monopoly here? By telling others to comply or be dropped?

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:11 am   

bluebell_rose wrote:
Seems to me you are the one trying to run a monopoly here? By telling others to comply or be dropped?

~Giggle!~ Are you that easily intimidated? I was not posting to you. I was asking my Ally to be reasonable to prevent a confrontation, we are in delicate negotiations and I would appreciate it if you backed off!

-----------
edited by Rroman - just added a [ to make the quote complete.
Last edited by Roman on Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total  

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:23 am   

DaBabes City wrote:
I was not posting to you. I was asking my Ally to be reasonable to prevent a confrontation, we are in delicate negotiations and I would appreciate it if you backed off!

Then use some maturity & do it by PM rather than post it in a public forum, where all members have the right to reply

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

jassej 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:35 am   

Bruno, you write RMV show most of the links, RMV is the best ...
But the best has necessary to make monopoly?
Fear has the best, perhaps?
I think RMV did not necessitate a monopoly to make, or?

[ Added: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:36 pm ]
DemonicJ wrote:
DaBabes City wrote:
I was not posting to you. I was asking my Ally to be reasonable to prevent a confrontation, we are in delicate negotiations and I would appreciate it if you backed off!

Then use some maturity & do it by PM rather than post it in a public forum, where all members have the right to reply

Agree

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:18 pm   

DaBabes City wrote:
bluebell_rose wrote:

~Giggle!~ Are you that easily intimidated? I was not posting to you. I was asking my Ally to be reasonable to prevent a confrontation, we are in delicate negotiations and I would appreciate it if you backed off!

-----------
it seems every post you make you imply the mob in there. Do I not defend my own dyn? Oh you don't name names, you are too careful for that. But you are subtly implying the mob.

Thanks for defending us bruno. You're the best

Bruno73 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:06 pm   

Quote:
Bruno, you write RMV show most of the links, RMV is the best ...
But the best has necessary to make monopoly?
Fear has the best, perhaps?
I think RMV did not necessitate a monopoly to make, or?

RMV and La Brute have no intention to make a monopoly and to dictate the other dynasties what they have to do. We just ask not to be told what we have to do.

DaBabes first said "the last forum who provoked us into dropping them 'for that reason' (negative links) has since lost from a presumptive number #2 to #6" then "I could stay here and throw our support behind your competitors".

So I wonder who is provoking the other into forming a coalition against the other.

If Net Freaks! plans to do everything against RMV, they have to expect a reaction, that's all what I meant.

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:14 pm   

bluebell_rose wrote:
DaBabes City wrote:
bluebell_rose wrote:

-----------
it seems every post you make you imply the mob in there. Do I not defend my own dyn? Oh you don't name names, you are too careful for that. But you are subtly implying the mob.

Thanks for defending us bruno. You're the best

Bruno brought my Dynasty into this when he said: "As a result, I ask all our allies and particularly one of them, not to bother us with that negative - and not sound - issue and to avoid sending us mails complaining about our amount of negative/hidden/none/whatever members: they are part of our internal policy, they are our business, not yours!"
I insist our Allies negatives are our business, They can make us or break us. I will not see them used as a tool against us to keep us just close enough to be useful, but at a disadvantage. As I posted earlier, I would prefer not to, but if it continues we will withdraw our support and look for someone else to support for the top of the Dynasty page. Thank you. :)

[ Added: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:28 pm ]
Bruno73 wrote:
If Net Freaks! plans to do everything against RMV, they have to expect a reaction, that's all what I meant.

I am not telling anyone what to do, I am merely stating what we will do. I firmly believe with our links and support my Dynasty can revise the order of the Dynasty page. We have a saying in Texas we dance with those who brought us to the dance and that hasn't been happening here. If you would agree to control your negatives this can all end here and now.

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:51 pm   

Think to yourself, who caused the latest update only countng the lower number of clicks? Certain people who buy tons of credits and bribe their members of course! It was put in to make the playing field more level for other dyns so a certain dyn can't buy their way to the top

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:14 pm   

bluebell_rose wrote:
Think to yourself, who caused the latest update only countng the lower number of clicks? Certain people who buy tons of credits and bribe their members of course! It was put in to make the playing field more level for other dyns so a certain dyn can't buy their way to the top

~Giggle!~ I thought we'd discussed this all before when someone dubbed us the Credit Card Crew? We've put thousands of hours of hard work into our Dynasty, as well as sharing with smaller and larger Dynasties. Ask Ella, we've given literally tens of thousands of credits in support of N00bies and our members. Overall, I would think we have been beneficial to the Yarold's community. PS, as far as I remember you never complained when you were linked to us. :)

Wolverines
Gamer God

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:34 pm   

bluebell_rose wrote:

that is what i was thinking....."go ahead and drop us and la brute will drop you also"....and i have heard it before that if any alliance drops la brute that RMV with drop them

hippie 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:46 pm   

Bluebell_Rose....You obviously don't understand what a monopoly is. All Scooter is asking for is respect from Her allies. That is why I started this thread. People are so busy thinking of their dynasties needs that they do not think of their allies needs. When a big dynasty has 10 negatives and I am at 400 I cannot get a new person in without dropping an ally. I am screwed in this case. I hate dropping allies.

BTW....Thank you to those dynasties who dropped their negatives yesterday. Let's remember that we are all allies and should be working to help each other. "C C C Cant we all just get along" - Rodney King.

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:36 pm   

hippie wrote:
Bluebell_Rose....You obviously don't understand what a monopoly is. All Scooter is asking for is respect from Her allies. That is why I started this thread. People are so busy thinking of their dynasties needs that they do not think of their allies needs. When a big dynasty has 10 negatives and I am at 400 I cannot get a new person in without dropping an ally. I am screwed in this case. I hate dropping allies.

BTW....Thank you to those dynasties who dropped their negatives yesterday. Let's remember that we are all allies and should be working to help each other. "C C C Cant we all just get along" - Rodney King.

Thank you, Hippie. It was mentioned earlier in the thread the larger Dynasties can and sometimes do ignore the smaller Dynasties. We are at 52 now (if the last two noobs admitted are trainable), which isn't small, but as you point out losing one small ally can hurt. The difference in ten allies can change Dynasty ranks, and I won't allow that to happen to my NET FREAKS! The Credit Card Crew is solidly in agreement with the smaller Dynasties who have spoken out.
I also saw improvement today, and I fervently hope it lasts, or as I've said, someone will benefit greatly, but it won't be my Dynasty or two of our present Allies.

Reply to topic