SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Negatives
hippie 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:52 pm   Negatives

Come on people. Take pride in your dynasties and get rid of the negatives, nones and hiddens. You cannot exchange links with these people and in no way do they benefit your dynasties.

thepossum1 
Gamer God

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:55 am   

Hear, hear. My 2¢ plays the same tune as Hippie's.

Especially allowing members to click then hide their links before they've been clicked back by your allies doesn't make it easier for us to handle occasional minuses which happen to anyone. Or even worse for your own dynasty--they DON'T even click but hide their link. They are wasting valuable ally space and make those dynasties containing them first on the list when we get close to ally max.

For some, gained/given is the only saving grace. But on the other hand, why do you want to spend your credits to cover for them? They are only learning that someone else will do it for them--no accountability on their own behalf.

Coming down from soap box now.

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:33 am   

It's selfish keeping that many negative members;

Yesterday I was at 403 in my alliance, there were 31 negative members, 1 hidden and 1 none - to get a new member I would have to drop a 7 member ally to accept - that is not fair to those small allies who are trying to stay positive but keeps getting dropped.

Try keeping your negative members to a minimum and give the real small dynasties a chance.

Edit: I know the large dynasties feel secure against being dropped because there just aren't enough smaller dynasties to fill up any alliance, but with so many people giving up and leaving Yarolds Stan will have to lower the alliance limit at some point and guess who will be dropped then, the large dynasty who has kept pushing with tons of neg's or the dynasty who showed respect for their allies?

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:30 am   

Jeanne wrote:
It's selfish keeping that many negative members;

Yesterday I was at 403 in my alliance, there were 31 negative members, 1 hidden and 1 none - to get a new member I would have to drop a 7 member ally to accept - that is not fair to those small allies who are trying to stay positive but keeps getting dropped.

Try keeping your negative members to a minimum and give the real small dynasties a chance.

Edit: I know the large dynasties feel secure against being dropped because there just aren't enough smaller dynasties to fill up any alliance, but with so many people giving up and leaving Yarolds Stan will have to lower the alliance limit at some point and guess who will be dropped then, the large dynasty who has kept pushing with tons of neg's or the dynasty who showed respect for their allies?

Jeanne, you know we went out on a limb recently and dropped another of the big three, four, or five, whichever, because of the way their negatives affected us. I keep hoping the others will learn we cannot expect our smaller Allies to do what we are not willing to. Without the support of all our Allies, including our smaller ones, we'd never have survived it.

[ Added: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:18 pm ]
hippie wrote:
Come on people. Take pride in your dynasties and get rid of the negatives, nones and hiddens. You cannot exchange links with these people and in no way do they benefit your dynasties.

Hippie, as you know I have been campaigning against negatives for most of my time here, including sending grants of credits to support our Allies programs. Negatives do show up at NET FREAKS, too, but they are mentored, funded, and in every way encouraged to give full value to our Allies! :)

[ Added: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:26 pm ]
thepossum1 wrote:
Hear, hear. My 2¢ plays the same tune as Hippie's.

Especially allowing members to click then hide their links before they've been clicked back by your allies doesn't make it easier for us to handle occasional minuses which happen to anyone. Or even worse for your own dynasty--they DON'T even click but hide their link. They are wasting valuable ally space and make those dynasties containing them first on the list when we get close to ally max.

For some, gained/given is the only saving grace. But on the other hand, why do you want to spend your credits to cover for them? They are only learning that someone else will do it for them--no accountability on their own behalf.

Coming down from soap box now.
There's my favorite Possum! We give our new members what we consider to be generous support. We've been repaid ten fold by some of them. The ones who aren't interested walk the plank! Aar! :)

thepossum1 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:00 am   

Thank you Scooter--we try and don't believe it's that hard for others to try too. It's only common sense.

Untouchables also dropped a biggie--it was a long, thought out decision, but a good one, so far. I agree with Jeanne--some large dynasties think they are impervious--they show links so we're afraid to drop them. But what is the overall impact of an ally? That is a much better question. I want to have fun & the fun had started to disappear--had to keep making room 4 different times in one week due to negative holding allies who hadn't hit the 60 max, adding new people who also tended to be minus.

Since smaller dynasties are out of the running as far as top 10 due only to size ( and the new rules), having the space to re-align with some we had to drop when we were overloaded has been a good thing--they deserve to have the opportunity to show what they're made of without worrying how long they'll get to stay allied. Now, we can work at being the best we can be at whatever level we're stuck in....till things change again......it's inevitable.

boots63 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:50 am   

[ Added: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:00 am ]
thepossum1 wrote:
Thank you Scooter--we try and don't believe it's that hard for others to try too. It's only common sense.

Untouchables also dropped a biggie--it was a long, thought out decision, but a good one, so far. I agree with Jeanne--some large dynasties think they are impervious--they show links so we're afraid to drop them. But what is the overall impact of an ally? That is a much better question. I want to have fun & the fun had started to disappear--had to keep making room 4 different times in one week due to negative holding allies who hadn't hit the 60 max, adding new people who also tended to be minus.

Since smaller dynasties are out of the running as far as top 10 due only to size ( and the new rules), having the space to re-align with some we had to drop when we were overloaded has been a good thing--they deserve to have the opportunity to show what they're made of without worrying how long they'll get to stay allied. Now, we can work at being the best we can be at whatever level we're stuck in....till things change again......it's inevitable.

if don't thing like you and if respect our member (when they 're young) is imperious ok we are imperious !!
but i don't build the SECOND dynasty (from 20 to 60 member) and barymore don't built the FIRST dynasty by miracle! all our members (rmv and la brute) love their dynasty because we make formation and lot of relation and we help little dynasty too
so i find your topic very ridiculous !!! because you just look at a time about negative without look if it's a good or bad negative (and look at the punction of each clik received 10 at 12%)
behind each neg there's a man or a woman and all this people can have a minimum of respect ..no????

so break with all big dynasty with neg members and stay alone
but maybe your life is only yarold .... don't forget that it's a game before !!!!!!

for thepossum : you have only 10 old members, but why don't you try to recruiting other members and help them and form them ???????? i prefer my position at yours it's very very more interseting to try something that do NOTHING

for dababes if i count just, i count 6 big dynasty ;)

to finish i speak rarely on this forum because i'm very ungry about all stupidities i read..... i prefer take time to exchange with members it's very very very more interesting ;)

lord-boots at your service

thepossum1 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:23 am   

Quote:
for thepossum : you have only 10 old members, but why don't you try to recruiting other members and help them and form them ???????? i prefer my position at your it's very very more interseting to try something that do NOTHING

I'm sorry that you feel as though I was attacking RMV--that was NOT my intent. I did not name any names. I was speaking in general terms--many larger dynasties DO give the impression that they feel they are safe from being dropped as an ally even if they carry many unclickable members because they offer extra links to click. On one occasion a while ago, I had asked for room to accept a returning member while your dynasty had several peasants who were minus and had not clicked in days. I was told that those members were saving the space for your members who were on vacation.

In my mail prior to dropping RMV--I stated very plainly that I needed room and that I was perfectly content to give up all the extra links offered by your dynasty. In fact, I received more than one mail asking why I would drop RMV since you offer lots of extras. It is my CHOICE to remain small, just as it is your CHOICE to be the biggest & best. There is nothing wrong with EITHER option. Just as I do not actively recruit members--it is their CHOICE to join us.

Again, if you took offense, I'm sorry you feel that way. I have no hard feelings against you or your dynasty and wish you all the best.

boots63 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:26 pm   

thepossum1 wrote:
Quote:
for thepossum : you have only 10 old members, but why don't you try to recruiting other members and help them and form them ???????? i prefer my position at your it's very very more interseting to try something that do NOTHING

I'm sorry that you feel as though I was attacking RMV--that was NOT my intent. I did not name any names. I was speaking in general terms--many larger dynasties DO give the impression that they feel they are safe from being dropped as an ally even if they carry many unclickable members because they offer extra links to click. On one occasion a while ago, I had asked for room to accept a returning member while your dynasty had several peasants who were minus and had not clicked in days. I was told that those members were saving the space for your members who were on vacation.

In my mail prior to dropping RMV--I stated very plainly that I needed room and that I was perfectly content to give up all the extra links offered by your dynasty. In fact, I received more than one mail asking why I would drop RMV since you offer lots of extras. It is my CHOICE to remain small, just as it is your CHOICE to be the biggest & best. There is nothing wrong with EITHER option. Just as I do not actively recruit members--it is their CHOICE to join us.

Again, if you took offense, I'm sorry you feel that way. I have no hard feelings against you or your dynasty and wish you all the best.

Oh sorry dear thepossum, i didn't know that as i'm on la brute now (when i'm on rmv i make place for other dynasty (net amazing mob as i remember) to accept a new or old member)

i just talk for complain about neg members in general

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:28 pm   

boots63 wrote:
[ Added: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:00 am ]

for dababes if i count just, i count 6 big dynasty ;)

lord-boots at your service

Could that be because we long ago established our reputation of delivering positive credits from each of our members? We have little Allies too. One with one member, another with two, then others. They all get positive credits from us, as you do.
Empress Scooter at your service

Wolverines
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:08 pm   

i have noticed that some alliances will keep people that dont click and give them credit nonstop....kinda of funny i watch one person and he was feed almost 500 credit per day for 2 straight weeks with little or no clicking and he wasnt booted from alliance....and they were close to the max number of people....they would rather kick a alliance than the one person..and people wonder why other alliances get mad when they get dropped or are dropped..

hippie 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:13 pm   

Thanks for all the good comments here.

Lord Boots, I just want to address a point you made. You say that the negative members deserve respect. Don't your allies deserve respect too. Jeanne stated the problem quite well. We are forced to drop an ally so other dynasties, mostly the bigger ones, can keep their negative people. I totally understand a larger dynasty having 1-3 negatives because the ratio is still small. But, do the bigger dynasties need 6-9 negatives. I really don't think so.

If you had run a small dynasty you would know that it is much more difficult for us to get new members and when we do get new members we risk being dropped by bigger dynasties who don't like us adding people to their alliance. Also, the small dynasties are treated as interchangeable by the big ones and cannot afford to have negatives. We are just asking for the same respect you give your negatives.

Thank You

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:11 pm   

Wolverines wrote:
i have noticed that some alliances will keep people that dont click and give them credit nonstop....kinda of funny i watch one person and he was feed almost 500 credit per day for 2 straight weeks with little or no clicking and he wasnt booted from alliance....and they were close to the max number of people....they would rather kick a alliance than the one person..and people wonder why other alliances get mad when they get dropped or are dropped..

I have probably "fed" more members out of the one million, two hundred thousand credits I've purchased this year than most. I have supported proven NET FREAKS! through extended absences before, since they are loyal to us, we are loyal to them. In the long run this is good for our members, our Allies, and our Dynasty.

[ Added: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:25 pm ]
hippie wrote:
Thanks for all the good comments here.

Lord Boots, I just want to address a point you made. You say that the negative members deserve respect. Don't your allies deserve respect too. Jeanne stated the problem quite well. We are forced to drop an ally so other dynasties, mostly the bigger ones, can keep their negative people. I totally understand a larger dynasty having 1-3 negatives because the ratio is still small. But, do the bigger dynasties need 6-9 negatives. I really don't think so.

If you had run a small dynasty you would know that it is much more difficult for us to get new members and when we do get new members we risk being dropped by bigger dynasties who don't like us adding people to their alliance. Also, the small dynasties are treated as interchangeable by the big ones and cannot afford to have negatives. We are just asking for the same respect you give your negatives.

Thank You
Everyone was shocked a few weeks ago when we dropped one of the large forums which was rapidly overtaking us. You were onboard with us and saw it go down. Negatives should never be used to stall an ally, and I suspect they are more often than most would think. I am totally against negatives, as you know. Should one appear on our board for too long a time I cannot avoid I will open all ten of my links to the world as a diversion.

Bruno73 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:16 am   

As far as Real Mini Village is concerned...

in September we have shown a total of 781399 links so far and have clicked 756556 links, therefore we have shown 3.28% more links than clicked. (data can be checked here)

Here's how the top ten dynasties are doing (% of Extra Clicks Received / Clicks Done, day after day in September):

Here's how the dynasties ranked 7th to 16th are doing:

What is exactly a negative member? Just someone who has been clicked 88% of what he/she has clicked (remember that when you click 400 links you get 400 credits but with those credits you can be clicked back only 352 times, as a click received costs 1.12¢ <-- please tell me if I'm wrong)

What do represent 10 negative members in some 60-member dynasty like RMV? Only 10 unclickable (or already clicked!) links. Right, it's not good. However we have a large amount of VIPs showing 10 links at several HHs, so that it DOES COMPENSATE all our temporary negatives and EVEN MORE. Indeed, as the figures demonstrate, WE ARE THE ONLY DYNASTY IN THE TOP 10 SHOWING MORE LINKS THAN CLICKING.

As a result, I ask all our allies and particularly one of them, not to bother us with that negative - and not sound - issue and to avoid sending us mails complaining about our amount of negative/hidden/none/whatever members: they are part of our internal policy, they are our business, not yours! If you think you can find better allies than RMV, please do it! (btw, the last dynasty having dropped RMV - I just learned it was for that reason - has since lost 1 rank...)

Thanks for your attention.

Wolverines
Gamer God

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:38 am   

i totally understand what you are saying DaBabes City but when i know this person isnt much of a clicker on yarolds and has had 3 accounts here and all of them have expired for inactivity...i see him again and look at it and was fed non-stop for 2 weeks....i just sat back and laughed...it wasnt you that did it but it sure was funny seeing it as i know he wouldnt click..i commend you for being loyal to all those that have helped net freaks...

PaiGow 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:44 am   

Bruno73 wrote:
What is exactly a negative member? Just someone who has been clicked 88% of what he/she has clicked (remember that when you click 400 links you get 400 credits but with those credits you can be clicked back only 352 times, as a click received costs 1.12¢ <-- please tell me if I'm wrong)

For me, the payback is ~99% of my investment (calculated over the past 12 days) overall, not just dynasty clicks since I both click and show links on main.

13488 done - 13392 received = 96
-30 credits difference after subtracting out 60 quiz credits
-------------

Rather than up 96 net credits, I am down 30 net credits for 126 credit difference

126 credit difference / 13440 (click average) = 0.94% loss

But everyones mileage will vary depending on the selection of links they click.
(example yerHotel pays more than Dragon Cave, etc :)

Cheers,

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:15 am   

Wolverines wrote:
i totally understand what you are saying DaBabes City but when i know this person isnt much of a clicker on yarolds and has had 3 accounts here and all of them have expired for inactivity...i see him again and look at it and was fed non-stop for 2 weeks....i just sat back and laughed...it wasnt you that did it but it sure was funny seeing it as i know he wouldnt click..i commend you for being loyal to all those that have helped net freaks...

That is an excellent example of what the update in November last year started and these updates are continuing: The desperate "need" to grow, keep any member at all costs.

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:19 pm   

Bruno73 wrote:

As a result, I ask all our allies and particularly one of them, not to bother us with that negative - and not sound - issue and to avoid sending us mails complaining about our amount of negative/hidden/none/whatever members: they are part of our internal policy, they are our business, not yours! If you think you can find better allies than RMV, please do it! (btw, the last dynasty having dropped RMV - I just learned it was for that reason - has since lost 1 rank...)

Quoting our good and respected Friend Maurice's Short Notes: "If you are negative it's not fair towards everyone, especially our allies and can be accepted only if temporary ; thanks !"

From my Short Notes:
Do you value us as Allies as much as we value you? Please show us the same consideration we do you. We STILL have no (0) use for negatives!

Bruno73 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:34 am   

Quote:
Our negatives? Not your business!

I prefer to have 10 negatives than 50 credits blockers.

By the way, dear friend Maurice's (the guy below the Kampaku in the list) clumsy mistake has been fixed.

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:57 am   

Bruno73 wrote:
Quote:
Our negatives? Not your business!

I prefer to have 10 negatives than 50 credits blockers.

By the way, dear friend Maurice's (the guy below the Kampaku in the list) clumsy mistake has been fixed.

(btw, the last dynasty having dropped RMV - I just learned it was for that reason - has since lost 1 rank...)
Yes, and the last forum who provoked us into dropping them 'for that reason' (negative links) has since lost from a presumptive number #2 to #6... Do you ever give any thought to where your member's credits come from?

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:30 am   

DaBabes City wrote:

(btw, the last dynasty having dropped RMV - I just learned it was for that reason - has since lost 1 rank...)
Yes, and the last forum who provoked us into dropping them 'for that reason' (negative links) has since lost from a presumptive number #2 to #6... Do you ever give any thought to where your member's credits come from?

Bruno73, contrary to the above comment, would seem based on the graph you posted the Mob seems to hold its own against the Champions of neg freeness. To answer the slide from #2 to #6, since scoring has changed to totals & the dynasty is now 27 members smaller than when we were #3, I would think that is an impressive result to stay that high.
To answer Da Babes comment "Where the credits come from??" Easy answered, they have great allies that include the mob. Couldnt help but notice since dropping the mob your #2 is now a #3 & both dynasties in front of you are allies of the mob. Something in that for you to work out I guess.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Reply to topic