SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
PukePlushie and Captcha Test
Waters 
Gamer

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:00 pm   PukePlushie and Captcha Test

A few things I've been wondering about.

Look at the bottom of the Captcha test for PukePlushie. The message by the arrow seems to be encouraging you to not click the pet, if you are one an external exchange. Such as yarold. Did I read that right? Also wondering why it only give the captcha on some pets.

The captcha for PukePlushie and the Hotel game both require you to cut and paste some text from one box to another, after you type in the distorted text correctly. How does that help prove you are human?

Xazy 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:16 am   

Yeah, it definitely looks like the site owner is telling us not to bother actually following up on the link...

it seems to me like it's just a way for the owner of pokeplushies to discourage its users from using a link exchange, without banning it outright.

I don't know what you mean about copy and pasting, though.

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:04 pm   

it's kinda stupid really. As soon as we load the page, the click is counted. We don't even have to click the click here button, but we do it to follow through and give the user the full benefit of our click. Having it after clicking the click here, shows that pokeplushie admin has no sense of how yarolds works. Doing a captcha is a simple task that would not deter people determeined to follow through

Waters 
Gamer

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:56 pm   

Xazy wrote:
Yeah, it definitely looks like the site owner is telling us not to bother actually following up on the link...

it seems to me like it's just a way for the owner of pokeplushies to discourage its users from using a link exchange, without banning it outright.

After I type in the Cpatcha text. It asks me to copy some text out of an iframe in to another iframe. You have to use select all to get the text for some reason. Then paste it into the target frame anf hit ok. Then you can click the plushie. The same with yer hotel. It's a lot of work to get freakin' click :( I'll remember to get a screen shot next time.

Xazy 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:54 pm   

Waters, I have never had to copy and paste anything, or do a captcha, for the Yer Hotel links... please do post a screenshot, that seems very strange to me

Waters 
Gamer

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:41 am   

Thumb nails of the pages the require text pasting. A couple of clicks to see them full size over at imageshack.

First Past of Captcha At Yer Hotel

Second Part with cut and pasting text.

After I pasted the text, I hit comment at the bottom of the page it finally goes.

Also the text part at PokePlushie

LoneWolf 
Global moderator

Helped: 1
Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:57 am   

At Yer Hotel, if you are not logged in and you want to leave a comment, you have to do the Captcha thing...

Waters 
Gamer

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:08 pm   

How come I only get the captach thing about 60% of the time at PokeP?

LoneWolf wrote:
At Yer Hotel, if you are not logged in and you want to leave a comment, you have to do the Captcha thing...

So I've have to make an account at yer? Just what I need another account to keep track off :shock:

kragthang 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:14 pm   

@account
hm, i don't get a captcha everytime. even though i'm a guest, as long as i don't delete my cookies yerhotel remembers me and offers me my nickname.

@pokeplushies
maybe it's random or just for newer adoptables? i only had a captcha text once or twice so far.

Alba 
Gamer God
Dark Side Empress

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:52 pm   

Waters wrote:
How come I only get the captach thing about 60% of the time at PokeP?

LoneWolf wrote:

So I've have to make an account at yer? Just what I need another account to keep track off :shock:

No, you need not an account in yerhotel for make a visit.
you need only click in "VISIT"
It isn't necesary leave a comment there.
you must do the captcha thing only if you want leave a comment.

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:39 am   

Waters wrote:
Xazy wrote:

After I type in the Cpatcha text. It asks me to copy some text out of an iframe in to another iframe. You have to use select all to get the text for some reason. Then paste it into the target frame anf hit ok. Then you can click the plushie. The same with yer hotel. It's a lot of work to get freakin' click :( I'll remember to get a screen shot next time.
That only happens when you have no script add on enabled. If you do not have it, the copy paste part does't happen. I've done thier captcha in their own exchange enough times with no script and without to expereince what is meant people are talking about

I don't think so. I think it's for adopts that have alot of clicks coming from yarolds, then the captcha activates automatically

Waters 
Gamer

Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:30 am   

alba wrote:
No, you need not an account in yerhotel for make a visit.
you need only click in "VISIT"
It isn't necesary leave a comment there.
you must do the captcha thing only if you want leave a comment.

AH thanks for the info!

bluebell_rose wrote:
That only happens when you have no script add on enabled. If you do not have it, the copy paste part does't happen. I've done thier captcha in their own exchange enough times with no script and without to expereince what is meant people are talking about

I don't think so. I think it's for adopts that have alot of clicks coming from yarolds, then the captcha activates automatically

OK had to enable a script from the captcha site as well as PokeP. No more copy and pasting text.

Reply to topic