SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Showing links

Do you support recently deleted "You have to show at least one link on a page you click" rule?
Yes
70%
 70%  [ 33 ]
No
29%
 29%  [ 14 ]
Voted : 47
Total Votes: 47

eirien 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:06 am   

Annie wrote:

My incentive to show my extra links even though I am not a VIP is for helping my dynasty, not sure what others motivations were and why those motivations would have changed?

Any extra links you show over and above the number you click do not benefit your average and therefore do not contribute to your dynasty. The current system takes the LOWER number from your clicks received and clicks done. The incentive therefore is to only show links up to the amount you click and to take them down after that.

Annie 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:13 am   

eirien wrote:
Annie wrote:

My incentive to show my extra links even though I am not a VIP is for helping my dynasty, not sure what others motivations were and why those motivations would have changed?

Any extra links you show over and above the number you click do not benefit your average and therefore do not contribute to your dynasty. The current system takes the LOWER number from your clicks received and clicks done. The incentive therefore is to only show links up to the amount you click and to take them down after that.

Ah thank-you :)

Goods news since thats what I've been trying to aim for, mainly for credits in = credits out since theres no point in hoarding them for me, but glad it's working out for something else as well.

eirien 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:17 am   

Annie wrote:

Ah thank-you :)

Goods news since thats what I've been trying to aim for, mainly for credits in = credits out since theres no point in hoarding them for me, but glad it's working out for something else as well.

Exactly, but there is also no point to showing links on Main or in Dynasty above what you can click in a day unless you want your credits to drain for no benefit to your average or your dynasty. Hence, less links for everyone to click.

Xazy 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:26 am   

Looks like the rule was put back in place.

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:34 am   

Vips are given the privilage of not showing in his. so now what is the perk of buying vip or having vip? What's the use except to have html in notes and have a nice blue star? You might as well remove vip status altogether. We are now required to show in his when we want to click in his.

eirien 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:15 am   

bluebell_rose wrote:
Vips are given the privilage of not showing in his. so now what is the perk of buying vip or having vip? What's the use except to have html in notes and have a nice blue star? You might as well remove vip status altogether. We are now required to show in his when we want to click in his.

Do you mean non-VIPs now have the option of not showing a link in history?

thepossum1 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:16 am   

The only advantage that I can see to VIP now is that we only need to show 1 link in history in order to click there. For those who do not have VIP, ALL their links show in history which will tend to make many of them minus in a hurry. :(

eirien 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:24 am   

thepossum1 wrote:
The only advantage that I can see to VIP now is that we only need to show 1 link in history in order to click there. For those who do not have VIP, ALL their links show in history which will tend to make many of them minus in a hurry. :(

I'm confused about what the problem is here. Am I missing something?

VIPs still (as far as I know) have the ability to NOT show a link in History, right? Unless they want to click there so they need to show one link for the five minutes it takes to click. Is this a hardship?

And I thought non-VIPs always did have all their links showing there anyway, so what's the change? (Apart from now VIPs can't click them and not give a link back in return anymore)

If I've missed something important please let me know.

thepossum1 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:50 am   

No, you've got it right---the only change is that now a link (for VIPS) must be shown in order to click., but it hadn't occurred to me to only have it out while I clicked DOH! :P

To simplify, I just checked all three boxes for my one 24/7 link. Most will have already clicked in dynasty or main anyway, so it's not really adding all that many extra clicks.

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:13 am   

The perk of having VIP is still that you can have all 10 slots filled but only show 1 of them where you choose.

Yarold 
Site Admin

Helped: 12 times
Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:55 am   

Quote:

this will lead to no clicks at all.

person A - If i cant get enough clicks i will remove my link
person B - if i cant click A then i will remove my link too
[...]
person A - there's nothing to click

eirien 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:28 am   

Yarold wrote:

[...]

Yep. I did say that I felt this change would lead to less links being available eventually. Most people I know try to get the clicks done & clicks received as close as possible. If their clicks received and clicks done are getting to be the same they will take any extra link down. Why have it up for people to click when all it will do is drain their credits and their average doesn't benefit any over and above the lower number?

Ella 
Gamer Legend

Helped: 1
Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:18 pm   

Isn't there a person C ? the none dynasty member.

A + B are dynasty members, one showing a link all the time and the other when it suits.

No matter how their strategy is to show their link(s) on main/histoy, C should be able to click anyways at a certain point which enables to build up credits and keeping his/her link(s) clicked.

Which favors A + B + C

Edit.
Oh, allright...it sudenly comes through about when 1 link in main/history/dynasty.
No problem if one has more then 1 link, one for main/history and one for dynasty. But that's not always the case.

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:17 pm   

Yarold wrote:

[...]

Exactly what we have been trying to tell you.

I have no control over how many links will be out for me to click so I don't start out with showing a lot - as the day goes by I keep checking my profile to see if I'm ahead or behind on clicks received and then I put out - not before.

Yes this will lead to everyone holding back waiting for ... eventually ... nothing :sad:

eirien 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:14 pm   

Jeanne wrote:

I have no control over how many links will be out for me to click so I don't start out with showing a lot - as the day goes by I keep checking my profile to see if I'm ahead or behind on clicks received and then I put out - not before.

Yes this will lead to everyone holding back waiting for ... eventually ... nothing :sad:

I do the same thing. I'm on holiday from work at the moment so I click and then add or remove a link as needed throughout the day. Once I go back to work I will miss all the HH and a lot of people are neg by the time I come online so I can only click a certain amount therefore I will show one link only.

I'm happy to show more links if there was some reason or benefit to me/my dynasty to do so.

Yarold 
Site Admin

Helped: 12 times
Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:26 pm   

Quote:

This was present before update, but was not so visible, and i think i was pointing that earlier.

Quote:
I'm happy to show more links if there was some reason or benefit to me/my dynasty to do so.

Your dynasty is losing if you dont.

End of day one: main:
"Total: 214 members on this page" (i have links limit turned off), so im happy that 214 people dont follow mentioned way (including Jeanne hyh).

eirien 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:38 pm   

Yarold wrote:

Your dynasty is losing if you dont.

How so?

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:58 am   

Yarold wrote:

End of day one: main:
"Total: 214 members on this page" (i have links limit turned off), so im happy that 214 people dont follow mentioned way (including Jeanne hyh).

Yep as I said: I was willing to show 2-3 links on main but I hate oppression and force - I show 1 link while I click and turn it off as soon as I'm done.

Reply to topic