Previous topic :: Next topic
where we are / update continued
Yarold 
Site Admin

Helped: 12 times
Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:13 am   where we are / update continued

end of break.

Situation.
Before update we saw a slow agony of main page with links. and yes it was because how our site is made. Typical behavior was something like that (as heard on IRC):
"Ok, i have 3 boxes, i tick one for dynasty so they dont kick me, and i never tick those main i 'd lose credits omg. Now lest go to click losers on main"

is minority or mayby just a sole exception?
answer is not sole exception, and its not minority too, answer is 82% of all users set their link like that.

This mean that 82% of users got successfully enlighten by "may they burn you alive, but dont tick your link on main".
For me it doesnt matter where you show your links as long as everyone is happy.

But a problem slowly arise, what new users will click if theres nothing on main. How you welcome them?
Month ago we have like 20 links on main. So new member clicked them in 5min, got clicked back by horde of people and end on -20. Some wrote mail to me with "hows that possible?". Such user almost never came back here.
Well if you want to continue i can put something like "No new members welcome" instead of register page.

From recent topic on fighting dynasties
Quote:
I don't have any stats on the site, but now would be an appropriate time for a statistics major to study the historical growth data of Yarold.

theres no such, whole year is slow loss data. yet who cares?

As always there was a suggestion to rise alliances limits.
Lets see old formula was something like "active members in dynasties / 3". Today we have 728 / 3 = 242. But dont worry i'll just wait for next round number.

September 1st
update as always revolutionary

controversy #1: show your link on a page were you click

I must say that there is no greater evil than get clicked back. but wait isnt that a thing that every other exchange have ?

"To: [A]Yarold
[...] have to show my link [...] going to [other popular link exchange here] [...] Bye"

[...] kan click my link [...]"

Im really asking here what sort of humour is that ?

And of course smart group invented other way: "we will use yerhotel links so no one can click us back and its not against rules hehe".
Only week earlier there was a discussion on "feeder dynasties", a group finds a clever way not to break any rules and get advantage of it.

So i kicked ball back rising link cost.
Pain and bloodshed flowed in its wake... ups! sorry wrong game.

Anyway those who were really playing yerhotel have their credits returned, those who didnt and im sure they will whine about it not.

I can only sum up this as immature behavior.
This change to have your links showed on page you click is being removed.
Because sooner or later someone will repeat this idea. Im not a lawyer (and i hope to never be one) so there will be no book with chaper on links usage on main page, which forbids using yerhotel links.
Im also sure that this change can be modified to fit better our environment.

controversy #2: Score is based also on how manny clicks you receive

[...] burn me alive [...]"

Well, i understand that it must be pain to lose credits and such, but you have to believe in yourself and it will be fine.

On the other hand... er forum (and mail) we had a nice discussion, however it got boring and if it continues i'll just post one of these, as some keep thinking im here 24h/day and got no other life (some use it as argument too).

This change stays as so far its not exploitable. I hope it wont, so i there will be no need to
remove it.

September 4th
I didnt list change that new accounts get extra entry that is showed in admins log. Thanks to which i can check easily how many new members we have.
And the news (finnaly good one) is: new members that registered in recent days returned after first visit, because they have links.

this is point where we are now
I hope that at last some people realize what they were doing and start promoting links to click back.

thepossum1 
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:29 am   

Not sure if this is correct place to post.

I have always been clicked more than I click--not the issue, but I DO need to set limits for extras I show. I am finding, since the updates, once the limit has run out, the check mark is still in the box essentially making all links no limit. I can't afford that. Could this please be addressed? Thanks :)

EDIT--Thanks, problem with limits is fixed :)
Last edited by thepossum1 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total  

hippie 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:31 am   

Thank you for the very detailed response in this post. I think most of your positions are well thought out and make a lot of sense. I did want to disagree with you on one thing though. Protesting actions which you feel are wrong is not immature. You may not like them but they were an intelligent response to a change they didn't like. Just saying they are immature is a cop out and is showing disrespect to all of your long standing members who chose to find a way around the new rules. Hopefully the anger will die down and we can go back to normalcy, or some form close to normalcy.

City of MT 
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:35 am   

This update really did not change much from before. All it did was add extra detail and more information to the same system. There is still the average dynasty clicks done column which is the same from before, just with a different formula. It is kind of better because now there are actually links to click on main.

Win 500 Credits from contests and games!

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 am   

hippie wrote:
Thank you for the very detailed response in this post. I think most of your positions are well thought out and make a lot of sense. I did want to disagree with you on one thing though. Protesting actions which you feel are wrong is not immature. You may not like them but they were an intelligent response to a change they didn't like. Just saying they are immature is a cop out and is showing disrespect to all of your long standing members who chose to find a way around the new rules. Hopefully the anger will die down and we can go back to normalcy, or some form close to normalcy.

mhmm, I agree. Hopefylly with more lotto exploding, people can afford to show links in main more, Beofre I was relucant to show in main because I could barely afford then and still try to keep postive, plus I was never sure my link got clicked all the way through on main. I throw links into main every once in a while. now though.

Solrayne 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:17 am   

I don't know if this is possible (or reasonable)...just a thought, maybe something for a suggestion that was not considered yet....

If new members and non-dynasty members cotinue with the problem to stay positive, couldn't just those acct. types be given a little more credit value for their clicks...then they'd have a few more credits to help them when their links get clicked, and thry may still stay positive then? Perhaps 0.25
or 0.50 more credit for each click they make, for example...

A script could check to see if they go to a dynasty or not...if they do join a dynasty, then they start getting "normal" value like all others in dynasties do now, because they will have more options available to them.

Again, it's just a thought...so please don't no one start world war 4 over it, just because it was suggested, thanks.

norrbotten 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:48 am   

The rule that you had to put up a link in main to click in main is not unfair. I didn't before because it drain my credits so fast but when everybody that wants to click in main has to put up a link it worked perfectly. I actually joined Yarold because I wanted clicks on my Minicity so I don't see the horror in getting clicked.... but that's just me.

I protested about the changes because my clicks didn't get counted, I probably clicked at the wrong time just when the update was made and I still don't understand how it could count as it did but bygones is bygones...

Thanks for the Lotto, now I can put up two links for the day.

Well I still don't understand how get our dynasty no 1 again. Is the only way to have 60 members with a link that can be clicked? (Everyone above us is larger then us).

Sincere

Norrbotten

Zidane 
Mini Ming Dynasty mod

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:00 pm   

About the "show a link where you want to click" rule:

It is a good idea since Yerhotels cost a bunchload of credits, so those smarties thinking "I will set Yerhotel as my main link" have their plans ruined. I second that and think this rule should stay, it will mean many links in Main, only it will maybe sometimes mean some smartie will find some way to "cheat" on the Main - like the fake Yerhotels founded just for being in Main without real interest into the hotel game were. But that can be fought as we saw already.

Showing link in History if I want to click History - why that? Non-vips show their link in History and can not do anything with it and the possibility to hide your link from History is one of the good things for VIPs, because of that it is "possible" to show extra links and set reasonable limits on them - no credit eating through History. I would leave the History as it was before the update if I was Mr. Yarold. I am afraid the situation in Main might return to where it was - only a few links to click there. I personally think I might start showing my link in Dynasty 24/7 and in Main during my online times :)

CZ

thepossum1 
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:06 pm   

I also have decided that it's not such a bad thing to show in main. My 24/7 to the dynasty link will get checked if I click main, but all my extras are for the dynasty & our allies.

Have to agree that history will rarely be checkmarked by me--as mentioned above, that was the appeal of buying VIP .

EDIT--I've since decided to make my 24/7 dynasty link also 24/7 for main as well--hahah mostly for my own benefit so I don't have to remember to tick the box hahahahaha And I only click in history the page of those who've already clicked me so I'm only getting back their click.

I still keep my extras for allies only
Last edited by thepossum1 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total  

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:45 am   

I still think that the 1st link you have should be shown in history as well as dynasty/main like for non VIPs - that way anyone you click can get their click back through history - it shouldn't be optional but only be on the first slot and that would be fair to those who are not in Dynasties.

Second: I found something I like about the update: that I can now see how many all dynasties have in their alliance not just those who I am already allied to.

But why is the number now without the members of that dynasty? Couldn't it be the total again?

Yarold 
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:47 pm   

Quote:
I still think that the 1st link you have should be shown in history as well as dynasty/main like for non VIPs - that way anyone you click can get their click back through history - it shouldn't be optional but only be on the first slot and that would be fair to those who are not in Dynasties.

Its just small change from "require to show any link on a page you click" to "requite to show first link on a page you click". First one was "unfair" and lead to riot, second is not very different.

Quote:
But why is the number now without the members of that dynasty? Couldn't it be the total again?

Ups, forgot that dynasty should be included in own alliance.

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:57 pm   

Yarold wrote:
Quote:

Its just small change from "require to show any link on a page you click" to "requite to show first link on a page you click". First one was "unfair" and lead to riot, second is not very different.

Quote:

Ups, forgot that dynasty should be included in own alliance.

LOL - it's OK Stan you can't remember all :lol:

but I still think it's not like a requirement - the update made us open our link to all of Yarolds, every single member - if the link in the first slot was automatic also shown on history (it is for non-VIPs) it would mean your link is open to those you have clicked - that is fair - to give those you click a chance to click you back.

Something else: This update again favors the largest dynasties: Only they have a chance to be #1 and to win your contest (like the Tiny Contest) - 1: That is unfair to the rest of the dynasties; 2: This will mean there will still be hunting of anybody on main which will mean main will continue to be drained for members.

I don't get the idea :?:

Yarold 
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:07 pm   

Quote:
This update again favors the largest dynasties:

With only ~750 active people in dynasties i have to favour bigger than smaller dynastie. I hope someone will do math and dynasties start recruiting members again.

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:39 pm   

But they do recruit .... from main :cry:

I also find the score" system unfair - the sum of clicks done/received will favor the VIPs who has most links - the 1 link member can never get as high a score as them.

Yarold 
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:59 pm   

It is not unfair. Normal members can have more than 1 link its not a feature that only VIPS can use. Those who will show more links for other people will have higher scores than others, it should be obvious after my first post in this thread, but clicking others is still important.

jassej 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:05 am   

I wanted first to understand update and than write.

Now we have two classes of members.

Members what they want (can) give money for a game and members what do not (can not) give money for a game.

And the best members (clickers) is not more best, best members is now what most credit purchases and show always all links.

This is possible only who man buys enough credit.
Yarold wrote:
It is not unfair.

Sorry mister Stan but is unfair!!

That a game and that must be fun.

You think is fun for me whan others is better just because buy more credit.

What is now competitive?

Who buys more credit!

This is not fun, this is sad.

And credit has become more expensive in time.

How convenient!

And contest is funny°°

Contest = Who buy most credit that can show always all links have a bonus....

That's my opinion.

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:15 am   

Yarold wrote:
It is not unfair. Normal members can have more than 1 link its not a feature that only VIPS can use. Those who will show more links for other people will have higher scores than others, it should be obvious after my first post in this thread, but clicking others is still important.
normal members cannot have more than one link or else they got neg really fast unless they buy credits to keep postive. I can testify to that. One of our members had extras and only one link visible. When her vip expired,her credits drained very quickly. Plus only members who can afford to buy credits or have an emp who can afford to buy credits, can have a high score. The members who can't buy credits and must click for their creidts can never obtain a very high score

Wolverines
Gamer God

Helped: 1
Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:38 am   

alot of unfair this and unfair that going around....i would just like to point out a couple of things..has stan/yarold ever came out and said anyone needs to buy credits and has he ever said you need to post more than 1 link?????just cause you dont have a high average doesnt mean anything if you are getting all the click for your game...that is what really matters clicks for your game....

and another question i have never understood why people transfer hundreds of thousand of credits to people that dont click...or click 50 links then go negative...i am sure they like it but what gives them the incentive to click if given credits all the time?? i watch certain people account in dynasty that go negative and they will click less than 200 per week all the time but keep feeding them the credits

and i dont think VIP ever runs out

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:54 am   

vip expires if you paid for it and didnt' do your 60k before it expired

simple, people are obessed about having no negs in their dyn, so emps feeds their members, so they don't get dropped.

To be best member you need to click alot and also show 10 links 24/7. And to keep on getting clicked and from going neg, you need to buy credits, because you won't be able to click back what you lost. I'm saying this new system favors those who can afford to buy credits,

Yarold 
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:29 am   

Im thinking of changing current sum of clicks done and clicks received to minimum from them.

Reply to topic