SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Way dynasties work
Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:22 pm   

And of course Moblets would too - we were never in the ranking race with only 20 members we allied Maxi to reach a personal goal with no meaning in any race but our own.

Edit: I think SKS nailed it: All links will automatic show on main when "turned on" would help both main exchange and end feeder dynasties.

Wolverines
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:35 pm   

ya i like that idea only have 1 link that u can control with main/history/dynasty and the other 9 when turned on only turn on in the main and not dynasty only

barymore 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:13 am   

Besides this discussion about « feeder » dynasties that everyone seems don’t wish anymore, I have a suggestion about members limits.

Since several weeks now, a lot of members of this site refuse to join a dynasty for many reasons, mainly :
- too expansive in credits
- too much time spent on the site to have a high daily score with several happy hours
In fact too much pressure felt by these members, all the more they are often kicked quickly when their accounts are negative !

In the same time, some others try to join us many times but we can’t accept them because of both limits : 60 for a dynasty and 400 for an alliance and we are always juggling with these two limits !

So I suggest to increase them as before, when I joined my first dynasty, means 80 for a dynasty and may be 500 or 550 in an alliance ; that would be certainly an effective way to give a boost to this game and also reduce the interest of “feeder” dynasties !

Waiting now for a final decision from Yarold as soon as possible !

Barymore

PaiGow 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:09 am   

I like idea of any more than 1 link will be shown on "main", but how to manage when a user posts a different a "dynasty" link at different times of the day.

barymore wrote:
Since several weeks now, a lot of members of this site refuse to join a dynasty for many reasons, mainly :
- too expansive in credits
- too much time spent on the site to have a high daily score with several happy hours
In fact too much pressure felt by these members, all the more they are often kicked quickly when their accounts are negative !
Barymore

A user clicking at the same time every day can approach the dynasty+ally size number of clicks with ~30 minutes effort running IE on a decent computer/network. Problem lies when there are 30-40 hidden/negative/none links. Would any dynasty kick a member posting 380 click average and never going negative ?

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:45 am   

Wolverines wrote:
ya i like that idea only have 1 link that u can control with main/history/dynasty and the other 9 when turned on only turn on in the main and not dynasty only

Oh I meant all links show on main, the display in dynasty option should be removed - anything else would be unfair to those who has legitimate extra links.

A bit of topic Maurice :razz: if I should comment I would say decrease alliance limit back to the 350 maybe even 300 again - as it is now there is no real movement in the competition since all the large dynasties can fit into each others alliances.

sks 
Gamer God

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:58 pm   

Jeanne wrote:

Oh I meant all links show on main, the display in dynasty option should be removed - anything else would be unfair to those who has legitimate extra links.

yes this is what i suggest... link(s) should be displayed only in link exchange.
thx jeanne ;)

(o.t.: limits look to be set well at this time, change is not needed i think)

barymore 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:42 pm   

Jeanne wrote:
A bit of topic Maurice :razz: if I should comment I would say decrease alliance limit back to the 350 maybe even 300 again - as it is now there is no real movement in the competition since all the large dynasties can fit into each others alliances.

No i don't think so Jeanne...the problem is there are not enough "big" dynasties 50/60 members on this site and too much "small" dynasties 5/20 members as if they are affraid to grow, while I consider much more interesting to manage a big dynasty than a small one !
And indeed it's true than actually the possibilities of alliances a very limited but i'm sure that if the member limits in the dynasties and alliances could be higher, it would increase the interest to be here on Yarold's !

Ella 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:33 pm   

I think we are getting somewhere.

Forgive me for asking to complete the 'feeder' dynasty thing first.
We have still no official reply from MMC Mob, RMV and J4F.

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:45 pm   

Ella wrote:
I think we are getting somewhere.

Forgive me for asking to complete the 'feeder' dynasty thing first.
We have still no official reply from MMC Mob, RMV and J4F.

Thank you, Ella. I believe we should hear from them before we complete our plans for our own satellite dynasty. As Russia and America learned several years ago, escalation can be expensive, but then, we are the Credit Card Crew, so why should we worry? :)

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:04 pm   

What if I told you that there is a way where the larger dynasties could solve this problem themselves and Stan would not have to put in more rules in place?

Would you do it MMC Mob?
Would you do it J4F? Yes
Would you do it NF? Yes
Would you do it RMV?
Would you do it MMC UBC? YES whan all others dynasty say too yes!
Would you do it The Moblets?

Of course a Yes for me, I dont like the feeder dynastys

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:15 pm   

Ferrari wrote:
What if I told you that there is a way where the larger dynasties could solve this problem themselves and Stan would not have to put in more rules in place?

Would you do it MMC Mob?
Would you do it J4F? Yes
Would you do it NF? Yes
Would you do it RMV?
Would you do it MMC UBC? YES whan all others dynasty say too yes!
Would you do it The Moblets?

Of course a Yes for me, I dont like the feeder dynastys

Thank you, we too can agree on that. I believe satellite Dynasties are a questionable and unneeded tactic and if the rest of The Big Five agree to a pact we will set our own plans aside. If that doesn't happen soon, who knows what next week will bring? :)

jassej 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:23 pm   

We missing answer from RMV and MMC Mob...

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:54 pm   

I wound up being more or less the banker for the last satellite Dynasty we participated in, because my advisers felt it was worth trying. I spent well over 100000 of my own credits on the experiment. Would I do it again? Yes, if I have to do it to compete with Dynasties who fill their member limits with people who click 150-200 clicks then go negative! This time I will fund it myself, with my own people, or we can all agree no satellite Dynasties.

[ Added: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:56 pm ]
jassej wrote:
We missing answer from RMV and MMC Mob...

We will see, my Friend! :)

Wolverines
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:36 am   

DaBabes City wrote:
I wound up being more or less the banker for the last satellite Dynasty we participated in, because my advisers felt it was worth trying. I spent well over 100000 of my own credits on the experiment. Would I do it again? Yes, if I have to do it to compete with Dynasties who fill their member limits with people who click 150-200 clicks then go negative! This time I will fund it myself, with my own people, or we can all agree no satellite Dynasties.

guess you can do what you like....this is why transfer need to be taken out

also i guess that means.... Would you do it NF? NO

barymore 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:49 am   

Sorry but I have already answered YES saturday 22/08 at 06:29am

barymore wrote:
My answer to this new topic open by Yarold is perfectly clear : NO “FEEDER” DYNASTIES ALLOWED, even if they have several allies, mainly because it’s not loyal towards those who can’t afford to pay the credits back !

and i will no more participate to this discussion ; I've much other things more interesting to do!
I' m waiting what Yarold will finally decide to make my own decision to continue or not on this site.

Barymore

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:10 am   

Wolverines wrote:

also i guess that means.... Would you do it NF? NO

There are many uses for transfers. You may not know we have a number of times transferred credits to competitor Dynasties as a reward for not having any negatives or in a few cases to allies because our gained/given ratio was significantly different than theirs.
As far as the feeder/satellite Dynasties we would prefer not to have to use them again.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:52 am   

DaBabes City wrote:
Thank you, we too can agree on that. I believe satellite Dynasties are a questionable and unneeded tactic and if the rest of The Big Five agree to a pact we will set our own plans aside. If that doesn't happen soon, who knows what next week will bring?

Todays big 5 are tomorrows little dynasties, so no, I will not agree to the pact especially after seeing so many other pacts/agreements/promises broken in here

DaBabes City wrote:
As Russia and America learned several years ago, escalation can be expensive

now we have the chinese & Koreans. Validates my point

wolverines wrote:

Totally agree

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Ella 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:23 am   

Quote:
Todays big 5 are tomorrows little dynasties, so no, I will not agree to the pact especially after seeing so many other pacts/agreements/promises broken in here

OK, there is where we have to involve Stan.
We are talking about the top 5 dynasties, no matter if a little dynasty once get on top, it is always those 5. If the pact is broken, it will be reported to Stan and he will reset the avg/clicks/day of that dynastie(s)

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:28 am   

Ella wrote:
it is always those 5. If the pact is broken, it will be reported to Stan and he will reset the avg/clicks/day of that dynastie(s)

It hasnt always been those 5 at the top & I would bet the house on the fact that it always wont be those 5 at the top. Already about to see a new dynasty make the top 5. Best way to fix it is to stop the transfers

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Ella 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:21 pm   

What i mean is THE top 5, we know who they are now, If that changes in future to other ones, THOSE other ones are the top 5.

Like there is a COC for the Yarold's link exchange, do not make multiple accounts. Only one per person is allowed. (result = ban)
Tthere could also be a COC for Yarold's dynasties. do not create feeder dynasties ( result = avg/clicks/day reset)

Then we don't even need a pact.

Reply to topic