SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Way dynasties work
bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:08 pm   

What about the message one of our members got from you guys to join them? hmmm?

The only solution I can see is to ban transfers. Hydra has no ttransfers allowed, and I don't see this kind of drama
Last edited by bluebell_rose on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total  

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:27 pm   

bluebell_rose wrote:
What about the message eili got from you guys to join them? hmmm?

The only solution I can see is to ban transfers. Hydra has no ttransfers allowed, and I don't see this kind of drama

This is not Hydra. Speaking of drama, who are you posting to, and who or what is an "eili"? I hope it is not a child, and subject to kidnapping, hmmm?

iFly 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:36 pm   

First, the 'drama' isn't from transfers, bluebell_rose. Second, as DaBabes said, this is not Hydra. If you have a problem with this site, then you can leave. And third, did it occur to you that our dynasty did not know that one of our members 'poached'?

Scooter, Eili is a member in the Mob who is the 'poached' member.

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:47 pm   

No transfers-> no feeders. Those neg members need to be fed to keep them postive so they be clicked.
Last edited by bluebell_rose on Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total  

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:59 pm   

iFly wrote:
First, the 'drama' isn't from transfers, bluebell_rose. Second, as DaBabes said, this is not Hydra. If you have a problem with this site, then you can leave. And third, did it occur to you that our dynasty did not know that one of our members 'poached'? Sorry for the hostility, by the way.

Scooter, Eili is a member in the Mob who is the 'poached' member.

Thank you for your response, iFly, I am not aware any of our members "poaching," one did mention she'd been in a casual conversation with a Mob member she regularly communicates with who took her comments the wrong way.
As one of NET FREAKS! leaders I will say, we prefer joining members contact us first. :)

[ Added: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:15 pm ]
bluebell_rose wrote:
No transfers-> no feeders. Those neg members need to be fed to keep them postive so they be clicked.

dababes-eili is a mobster
'

Okay, does she deserve to be funded? If so, I will consider it. I transferred 15,000 credits to an Ally yesterday, because they had somehow gotten an enormous lead on us in gained/ givens. Was that stupid of me when we are "much larger and more powerful" than they? I considered it the honorable thing to do.

footballer 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:53 am   

Under the new scoring system, all dynasties can be feeder dynasty.
The best Dynasty will be dynasty that is buying credits..

We advocated for this? :razz:
This system suits us? :roll:

Roman 
Gamer God

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:54 am   

After thinking about it one day I came to the conclusion that there is only one way to stop (not fully but nearly) feeder Dynasties.

It was already mentioned somewehere and Stan is already thinking about it - already posted somewhere:

Make it so, that the lower amount - clicked links / received clicks - count for ranking.
In my opinion, there is no other good way to solve the feeder Dynasties problem.

And I think, that its not only solving the feeder problems its also the most fair way according to the fact that Yarolds still IS a Link EXCHANGE page.

Top clickers can not live without link givers!
Top link givers can not live without people that click their links!

^^ Thats it exactly! Try to be good in both ways of EXCHANGING links - which is again, exaclty what Yarolds is here for.

Or to get to an example of sport:
A Boxer who has perfect attack will never win when he has a bad defence.
A top defence boxer will never win when he is not able to hit the other one.

Soooo:
The strength of a chain is its weakest link.
.... where link can be clicked links or received clicks ....

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:57 am   

Roman wrote:
Make it so, that the lower amount - clicked links / received clicks - count for ranking.

So what incentive do I have to share my credits I have built up? I click over 400 dynasty clicks a day but get clicked way more than that. Should I just show one link & make sure I only cliuck what gets clicked?? Hardly helps to turn this back into a link exchange does it?

There are better ways to stop feeder dynasties & feeder accounts

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Roman 
Gamer God

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:42 pm   

DemonicJ wrote:
So what incentive do I have to share my credits I have built up? I click over 400 dynasty clicks a day but get clicked way more than that. Should I just show one link & make sure I only cliuck what gets clicked?? Hardly helps to turn this back into a link exchange does it?

Of course its also correct what you wrote (I also am not a good clicker), but lets see it the perfect way:

When you "only" click 400 Links of others but receive more you dont help the others enough to help them grow in their ghame.

Perfect: So for a perfect link EXCHANGE it would be best if everyone clicks the same like he receives.

Ok, will never happen, that EVERYONES gets the same as he gives but still, that would be perfect.

DemonicJ wrote:
There are better ways to stop feeder dynasties & feeder accounts

Tell me more please :)

Zidane 
Mini Ming Dynasty mod

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:06 pm   

DemonicJ wrote:
Roman wrote:

So what incentive do I have to share my credits I have built up?

Visits for your link? And if the link is non-action, all visits automatically valid (not talking about people using more than one link ex site)? What more to want from link exchange site? :)

jassej 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:19 pm   

Roman, difference between us is that you write about Yarold as EXCHANGE side and for me is Yarold game.

Whan Yarold just a exchange side than I will leave (and I think many others) because I have my clicks for others side (Automatic visitor) faster and more.

But Yarold is for me THAT GAME and whan somebody is better like I (or my dynasty) just because he show always all links than I have note fun.

Because somebody can show always all links just whan buy credit.

So he is not better, he just give more money for game.

And that for you fun?

I think in a game must be fun without money.

Whan Yarold will be just a exchange side than is, of course, good this update.

About feeder dynastys, just delete than, is very simple!!

Roman 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:43 am   

jassej wrote:
Roman, difference between us is that you write about Yarold as EXCHANGE side and for me is Yarold game.

Hello Jassej :)
For me its a game too else I wouldnt be here anymore. But Yarolds still also IS an exchange site.

jassej wrote:
Because somebody can show always all links just whan buy credit.

So he is not better, he just give more money for game.

And that for you fun?

Thats why I sugested to only count the LOWER amount. "Received clicks" OR "done clicks". So even if you show 10 links 24/7 and recieve million of clicks you still will only be ranked what you click yourself. Money is not that imoortant then anymore.

jassej wrote:

Nice idea. But with which rules? Who takes care of following the rules? Just deleting them? Hey, this one feeds soeone, lets delete the whole Dynasty?

I already now know what happens, when Stan or Jay deletes the first Dynasty. Blamings all over Yarlds Forum ......

If there are definte rules, then its fine ....
So help us, define some rules which can be followed by everyone.

niinamaa 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:18 pm   

Roman wrote:
Thats why I sugested to only count the LOWER amount. "Received clicks" OR "done clicks". So even if you show 10 links 24/7 and recieve million of clicks you still will only be ranked what you click yourself. Money is not that imoortant then anymore.

I agree with Roman but only in this case... This is the same as before the changes - counted "Dynasty clicks done"
But lets look on the next situation:
Non-VIP member showed 1 link in dynasty. He made 400 clicks in dynasty but received only 350... And those received 350 counts... He will be not motivated to click more in this case...

Sorry, this topic is about "feeder" dynasties... It`s only casual remark...

Ella 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:36 pm   

Quote:
jassej wrote:

Roman wrote;
Nice idea. But with which rules? Who takes care of following the rules? Just deleting them? Hey, this one feeds soeone, lets delete the whole Dynasty?

I already now know what happens, when Stan or Jay deletes the first Dynasty. Blamings all over Yarlds Forum ......

Nah, not deleting a whole dynasty!
I would suggest to delete the person who is feeding this satellite dynasty. Admins can check that, can't they?

Of course the next one in line of that dynasty might take over but that is no use, that person get deleted too. But if, Jassej, yes, the result is then this whole dynasty is at the end deleted :mrgreen:

Bruno73 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:54 pm   

Quote:
Non-VIP member showed 1 link in dynasty. He made 400 clicks in dynasty but received only 350... And those received 350 counts... He will be not motivated to click more in this case...

All members (VIP or not) can be clicked in the Link Exchange (Main) page to balance their clicks done and received. So this new scoring system is fair to everyone (1-link or 10-link members).

About 'feeder' dynasties: a very simple solution has already been suggested = do not ally with 'fed' dynasties if you don't like them.

Zidane 
Mini Ming Dynasty mod

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:48 pm   

Ferrari wrote:
Mr yarold,
possible solutions for feeding dynasty's.

A solution can be : A dynasty can only exchange links after that dynasty has more than 3 allies in alliance.
A solution can be : forbid more links as 4 or it must be 9 total different game links.
A solution can be : forbid mark a link for only few seconds, give a minimum from 5 minutes.
A solution can be : Make your own dynasty must be more expensive, like 1000 or 2000 credits, 200 credits is to easy to make some feed dynasty's

Ferrari

If I can add my opinion:

Second - not good. People want as much links as possible. I have many MMC that I found (not created, I prefer looking for cities with name alike to what I want and if the city is clearly abandoned, taking the city over) just for having extra links to show. To tell the truth, none of my cities was found by myself, I looked for cities with "search" function" and everytime found what I wanted to create - or the name was slightly different, so what use is to create another city when there is abandoned one with a good name? :)
So if it will be "each link has to be from different game" it will significantly reduce not only my extra links, but extra link of many players here. It is usually so that one plays a game and if s/he is asked to show extra links, s/he just creates another MMC/dragon/Mondozoo/anything, or s/he has more dragons or whatnot before asked to show extra links. You know - you like the game - you have more dragons or whatnot. Enough said I think :)

Forbidding marking a link for few seconds, because for example ten credits limit WILL last only a few seconds? It will reduce the link showing again. Before the update I showed ten links with five or six limit. After the update and at least ten limit I show less links with higher limit. Yes, more people catch that. What I did was "a few people catch more links" and what I do now is "more people catch less links". Both "systems" are good, indeed. But five minutes are too much I think. If limit, I say "one minute at least" or something like that. When there is a HH, five minutes can cost A LOT of credits - so it will significantly reduce the amount of links shown...but you have a point too. Too short limit will not stop feeder dynasties. Too high limit will reduce the number of links shown...

More expensive making a dynasty? Yes, this is a good idea.

bluebell_rose wrote:

Yes, that is true. But we donated a member not once just to keeping him/her from being negative - we did not want to kick him/her from the dynasty because of negative numbers and the member started to click great after a few days - s/he just did not understand the system here or has some other work, you know. If there will be no transfers, newbies will have a harder time to remain in dynasties because it will be "you are negative - our allies hate negatives - sorry, kick, I can not send you any credits"...

And yes, I am here because Yarold is a game for me. If I would want to just receive clicks, I will visit Utopia or Hydra. I like Yarold for the dynasty system and "you can do better, your dynasty can do better" and so on. But I do not give money for the game (sorry Stan) because I am not rich enough, you know. The VIP I had was bought for me, if someone wants to ask and now I have the "over 60k clicks" VIP. So I know I would probably never be the best clicker in the game because there will be some people buying credits. Sad, but so what? It is a game and I am here for fun :)

dimidola 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:28 pm   

OK, I'm not very into dynasties and becoming the BEST or anything. I joined SWLE and my dynasty WDNC to get my game advance.

I don't enjoy the new system because now we seem to have people twisting and turning things in order to get the highest scores.. Have they forgotten that their links are the game?

Anyways, having a mybrute link, I must say that I'd really like it if the click didn't count unless it was worth it. And I'm pretty sure that people out there will close the tab as soon as they see the "your click has been counted" tab.

So I'd say, keep your scores for the addicts, let them have trillions of scoring tables and have an option for the humble ones where the only score is the dynasty average and the link average (the oldschool system). Maybe there could be an option for the emperor of the dynasty to choose whether his dynasty will be this or that..

I don't know, it's hard to fix stuff and everyone's happy.. but...

Reply to topic