SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Way dynasties work
DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:53 pm   

Many of us feel those transfers are one of our best tools here. I use them several times most days in keeping my noobies positive and training them. If you're refering to only banning them out of the dynasty that would still inhibit us from giving grants to allied dynasties for being negative-free or making up a difference in gained/givens as we have in the past. Either way, the transfer option encourages the purchase of credits, which I'm sure aids Stan in getting the bandwidth to keep this place running properly.
Back to the satellite Dynasties, if a new Dynasty moves into the top five and decides to oppose us and use a satellite, there is nothing forcing us to ally with them is there?

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:15 pm   

Banning transfers is a little draconian, IMHO anyway. I have often transferred to noobs outside my own dynasty if they are neg and I want the extra clicks. God knows it's hard enough being a noob at Yarolds in the first place. Surely we don't want Yarolds to be a nanny state either do we?

Now transfer all your credits to me and I will show 10 links all day just don't ask for an alliance though, I am on holiday from the competitive aspect of this site. I still wouldn't refuse free credits and I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before but I do like free credits.

I'd give them to noobs in negative credit :mrgreen:

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:06 pm   

turdkey wrote:
Banning transfers is a little draconian, IMHO anyway. I have often transferred to noobs outside my own dynasty if they are neg and I want the extra clicks. God knows it's hard enough being a noob at Yarolds in the first place. Surely we don't want Yarolds to be a nanny state either do we?

Now transfer all your credits to me and I will show 10 links all day just don't ask for an alliance though, I am on holiday from the competitive aspect of this site. I still wouldn't refuse free credits and I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before but I do like free credits.

I'd give them to noobs in negative credit :mrgreen:
That's what I do all day long, Turdkey. Transfer my hard earned credits to our noobies so our allies can click them. :)

Wolverines
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:29 pm   

and that is why we having this discussion now transfering credits to "feeders"

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:38 pm   

ALLIES

"In general, allies are people, groups, or nations that have joined together in an association for mutual benefit or to achieve some common purpose. In English usage, those who share a common goal and whose work toward that goal is complementary may be viewed as allies for various purposes even when no explicit agreement has been worked out between them."

So they devil lays in trying to work out if it is deliberate collusion or the natural consequences of the alliance system

Simple answer is to ban the ally system :twisted:

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:21 am   

Wolverines wrote:
and that is why we having this discussion now transfering credits to "feeders"

I am laughing hysterically over here! You would rather we had six, eight, or ten negatives on our Dynasty than require and train our people to be positive?

[ Added: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:21 pm ]
turdkey wrote:
ALLIES

"In general, allies are people, groups, or nations that have joined together in an association for mutual benefit or to achieve some common purpose. In English usage, those who share a common goal and whose work toward that goal is complementary may be viewed as allies for various purposes even when no explicit agreement has been worked out between them."

So they devil lays in trying to work out if it is deliberate collusion or the natural consequences of the alliance system

No allies for anyone, erm? That would mean much fewer clicks, unless you allied everyone together.

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:00 am   

DaBabes City wrote:

turdkey wrote:
ALLIES

No allies for anyone, erm? That would mean much fewer clicks, unless you allied everyone together.

Well it would really open up the main page again :wink: and it has a certain logic if you truly wanted to help the noobs.

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:55 am   

turdkey wrote:
DaBabes City wrote:

turdkey wrote:
ALLIES

Well it would really open up the main page again :wink: and it has a certain logic if you truly wanted to help the noobs.

There are any number of people who are only here for the competition and socializing. Let's face it, there are other places one can gain as many or more clicks to their city in minutes, instead of hours.

Ella 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:29 am   

turdkey wrote:

To change the ally system

DaBabes City wrote:

Yes, everyone allied, all links only on the main page, is more clicks.

turdkey wrote:

Absolute!

DaBabes City wrote:

There are any number of people who are only here for the competition and socializing.

Still competition and we keep the dynasty page with shortnotes .

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:59 am   

If everyone was allied to everyone, there would be no point to having dynasties. Just a main page.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:27 pm   

It seems like there will be no actions against the feeder dynasties only to spoil the game for the rest of us.

How about showing some guts and all allies of UBC drop them until they end Vito.B? With only 20 members Moblets alone will have very little effect except if we buy a heap of credits and acts as feeder dyn for the rest of our allies to help them fight back UBC?

Ella 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:30 pm   

Quote:
DemonicJ: If everyone was allied to everyone, there would be no point to having dynasties. Just a main page.

But it is an option to avoid feeder dynasties. And doesn't it also gives the opportunity for small dynasties to click their way to the top 5?

Jeanne wrote:
It seems like there will be no actions against the feeder dynasties only to spoil the game for the rest of us.

How about showing some guts and all allies of UBC drop them until they end Vito.B? With only 20 members Moblets alone will have very little effect except if we buy a heap of credits and acts as feeder dyn for the rest of our allies to help them fight back UBC?

yes, we seem to be in an impasse.
Somehow i do not understand why it is that when in july/august 2008 the 2 feeder dynasties (of MMC Mob and RMV) were deleted and everything was peaceful again.

This time we have to solve it ourselves.
Amusing i find the fact that one of the creators of those 2 feeder dynasties has send mail around to unally UBC for having a feeder dynasty now. Everyone is supposed to be against UBC while they actually are using the idea of the sender, who got away with it at the time without much fuss because their feeder dynasty was immediately deleted .
And i still am convinced that there still is a feeder dynasty around, in favour of the one who sent the mail.

So, please Stan, let us no longer solve it ourselves and delete the feeder dynasties :(

I might have to get myself a new identity and start a new life somewhere on this planet, but i had to ventilate, sorry.

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:30 pm   

Ella wrote:
This time we have to solve it ourselves.
Amusing i find the fact that one of the creators of those 2 feeder dynasties has send mail around to unally UBC for having a feeder dynasty now. Everyone is supposed to be against UBC while they actually are using the idea of the sender, who got away with it at the time without much fuss because their feeder dynasty was immediately deleted .
And i still am convinced that there still is a feeder dynasty around, in favour of the one who sent the mail.

On the moment you post this, I wanted to post the same, everyone talks about it, I thought by my self ''everyone is talking about it but no one post it on forum'' but you where faster than I am.
Ella you have right, It is very amusing to see that.
For us UBC is a very good allie, the best allie, and the longest allie, I will not end the alliance, but I am against the feeder dynasty's.
I think, Jassej knows deep in his heart that we all have right, and end the alliance with the feeder dynasty himself.
But the best option is that stan remove the feeder dynasty's (yes more as 1 like Ella said )

jassej 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:20 pm   

MMC UBC end ally with VitoB yesterday!!
I dont was online so I can not befor this wraiting.
All top dynasty say yes....

Ella 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:35 pm   

Thank you Jassej.
But it is still a free market. 4 out of 5 top dynasties agree for a pact, nothing solved yet.

Yarold 
Site Admin

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:04 am   

Imagine those from other thread have just received 1 warning per reply and continue.

(next wont be that virtual)

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:39 am   

Yarold wrote:
Imagine those from other thread have just received 1 warning per reply and continue.

(next wont be that virtual)

Thank you, Stan. So far as I can see the one stumbling block to our agreeing to policing our own dynasties re satellite dynasties is one Emperor. If he should choose to come on board we, or at least I, would consider it a done deal. :)

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:29 am   

DaBabes City wrote:
So far as I can see the one stumbling block to our agreeing to policing our own dynasties re satellite dynasties is one Emperor. If he should choose to come on board we, or at least I, would consider it a done deal.

I remember a pact being made about not poaching members from oither dynasties as well, yet there is a member of your dynasty trying to poach my members. That is why I will not agree to a pact that involves you.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

jassej 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:37 am   

DemonicJ wrote:
DaBabes City wrote:
So far as I can see the one stumbling block to our agreeing to policing our own dynasties re satellite dynasties is one Emperor. If he should choose to come on board we, or at least I, would consider it a done deal.

I remember a pact being made about not poaching members from oither dynasties as well, yet there is a member of your dynasty trying to poach my members. That is why I will not agree to a pact that involves you.

It is whether all agree or not.
I said yes so I promised I will not have feeder dynasty.
BUT only so long as others dynasty do not have a feeder dynasty.
I tray to play fair but if not possible than is not my fould.

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:55 pm   

DemonicJ wrote:
DaBabes City wrote:

'
Jay, the last member of any consequence made the trip from your Dynasty to ours was your Kampaku, MUSHpark, and he is certainly a grown man, and well able to make his own decisions. :)
Of course, iFly has been most everywhere, but it's not like anyone has ever poached him, he is not half-baked yet, but he has been learning fast!

[ Added: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:28 am ]
[quote="jassej"]
DemonicJ wrote:
DaBabes City wrote:

It is whether all agree or not.
I said yes so I promised I will not have feeder dynasty.
BUT only so long as others dynasty do not have a feeder dynasty.
I tray to play fair but if not possible than is not my fould.

I agree, my Friend, and should we be forced to build such a Dynasty it will be the best funded and best managed ever and only available to our good Friends. It is sad we may be forced to go to such an expense, but some simply will not agree...

Reply to topic