SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Closed by: Yarold
Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:36 pm
Admins who are also emp's or dynasty leaders

Does the operation of emp's who are also site admin cause problems?
YES
60%
 60%  [ 28 ]
NO
30%
 30%  [ 14 ]
UNSURE
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Voted : 46
Total Votes: 46

Jeff 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:07 am   Admins who are also emp's or dynasty leaders

Is there anyone else on this site that perceives a possible problem with site admins also running dynasties?
I see and hear of possible persuasion of other emp's by certain admin/dynasty muckity-mucks that use the site position to influence others into doing what they want.
This is NOT exactly conducive to a level playing field.
Does this bother ANYONE else?
I see no reason to name any names since everyone knows who does this.
And since I haven't named names, the only person that could possibly get all bent out of shape is probably the perpetrator/perpetators.

Roman 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:32 am   Re: Admins who are also emp's or dynasty leaders

Hi Jeff!

Well, of course I can understand what you mean and I also dont know if beeing Admin/Moderator and Emp of a Dynasty - especially in the Top ranks - is that good, but if you talk about diassalowing Admins to be Emp of a Dynasty you also would need to do that for Moderators, like I am.

And if I come back in a few month - when the stress at work gets lower - I again want to be Emp of my little small Dynasty. Without that I would definately not come back again.

But to say the truth I also dont know how to solve the problemn oyu are talking about .....

Roman

prince_chusky 
n00b

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:34 am   

I have always thought qtradores or moderators should not have dynastias, I vote YES

sks 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:37 am   

Jeff wrote:
Is there anyone else on this site that perceives a possible problem with site admins also running dynasties?

i always thought i'm the only one who see this as a problem. i was very surprised when i joined this site about the fact that admins also participate in the competition here....for me it's a typical example of "a conflict of interests". it's like the referees having their own team in a football league they judge.......
as emps they must work for their dynasties, that's clear... but since they are admins at the same time, all actions they do to help own dynasty are automatically suspicious, regardless of the real reasons they had for it. even if you have the nicest, the most honest and the most rightful person in the world on this position, the doubts will last...and since there is probably not the best person in the world here, the doubts are logically propagationately bigger....

in my opinion, this state is not good for transparency and trustworthiness of admins' decisions, for a legal certainty of the members and, not in the last row, also for admins... as they are still under the suspicion of abusing their power in favor of own dynasties.

of course, i understand that those ppl came here as common members and they were active, more active and then became mods or even admins and they want to play as they did it before.... and i also understand that will be much harder to find ppl who wants to be admins, if they will not be able to run a dynasty. especially when i have to say that i don't see a big difference between "admin-emp", "admin-kampaku" or i.e. "admin-shogun"...

so yes it can cause a dilemma, but i personally prefer the neutrality of admins...it would prevent many misunderstandings, quarrels and wraths.

Roman wrote:
(...) if you talk about diassalowing Admins to be Emp of a Dynasty you also would need to do that for Moderators, like I am.

yes it would be better, but there is a small difference.... when moderator, even the global one ;) , abuses his power, you can still appeal to admins as to a "higher instance". when admin abuses his power, you can appeal maybe to the train-station :mrgreen: so if there would be neutral admins, the mods could be tolerated, because the members will then trust to fair higher instance....

Roman 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:40 am   

sks wrote:
yes it would be better, but there is a small difference.... when moderator, even the global one ;) , abuses his power, you can still appeal to admins as to a "higher instance". when admin abuses his power, you can appeal maybe to the train-station :mrgreen: so if there would be neutral admins, the mods could be tolerated, because the members will then trust to fair higher instance....

Then you go to Yarold himself, he is the overover mega super duper Admin :p

engelina 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:40 am   

why should admins and moderators have less rigths then any normal member abd nbot be allowed to be emperor? you might as well then tell them to not be in any dynasty as a member at all.

i am against a rule saying site admins and moderators can not lead a dynasty.

i see no problem with an site admin also being an emperor. in the end we all are just people behind a computer.

No rules, although for our allies i ask to please show a link in dynasty.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:04 am   

Any & all actions done by all members (Including the mods & admins) can & is seen by Yarold. If any action done by the admins (as this is the people the thread is aimed at) was to do anything that is outside the rules or generally not considered to be appropriate, Yarold will talk to the admins concerned & if still deemed not to be right he will do something about it. The power an admin has doesnt change whether they are an Emp, kampaku, shogun or peasant, so the thought of not allowing an admin to be an Emp is pointless, as they can still do everything an EMP can.

So, if you dont like a decision an ADMIN has made, I suggest you take the matter up with Yarold himself.

To answer the very first post, its called politics & EVERY dynasty plays the political game. Recently there were threats made to a dynasty not to grow or be dumped, show more links or be dumped, or even the most common one thats even in some short notes, fix the negs or be dumped (yes im taking alliances here not members too). On the positive side of that argument, you have a dynasty that pays its allies for not having negs etc. All EMPS, including yours Jeff, lean on their allies to help them make goals, milestones, pass other dynasties etc

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Cookie 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:32 am   

i dont trust anny admin i just go to yarold if i have a problem.....

its a sad thing but you learn that on the way

PaiGow 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:38 pm   

Before I vote... Can an Admin see how I cast my vote ?

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:51 pm   

PaiGow wrote:
Before I vote... Can an Admin see how I cast my vote ?

lol good question

borracho 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:56 pm   

I voted :mrgreen:

I don't see a problem with an admin being an emperor.

this is just sour grapes because of the alliance shake up.......plain and simple

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:08 pm   

borracho wrote:
I voted :mrgreen:

I don't see a problem with an admin being an emperor.

this is just sour grapes because of the alliance shake up.......plain and simple

I think this has nothing to do with alliances, but I can not talk for Jeff.
Alliance must change from time to time, that is why stan made the max 400, he wanted circulation in the allies and dynastys, and that is what constant happened.
Very good ! and works perfect.

Rebecca 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:29 pm   

I had no shake up with my dynasty, so that didn't influence my vote. People that have been around here long enough and have dealt with it know exactly what is going on. Will Stan wake up to it? Probably not. He's very wisely not in a dynasty for (I'm guessing) the exact reason Jeff stated. That would be unfair. On the other hand, you have admins like Bella, who are fair and always have been.

Puppetmasters are very good at masking their words to seem innocent. Since I've been back, I've seen hatred. Hatred and spite and manipulation.

Have politics always been a part of this site? Yes. But they used to be fun politics, instead of hatred and meanness. I've seen things said about us that are simply not true, yet because we don't participate in it and defend it, people accept it as fact.

Stan, you lost a lot of people because of this that paid you money. See ya.

Phara 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:14 pm   

Voted a clear NO, why ? I think the "admins" are also real persons, and should have the same fun as everyone. :mrgreen:

Gail 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:15 pm   

Yarold is in Stop the Spam as a daimyo

Oh pooh I said I was not going to waste my time here lol but I voted NO.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another. ~Luciano de Crescenzo

jassej 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:33 pm   

An admin can not be emp/kampaku by a dynasty.
Because it can exploit its position in its own interest.
Maybe it already has :roll:

Yarold 
Site Admin

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:47 pm   

Quote:
Does the operation of emp's who are also site admin cause problems?

yes, there is no solution for it and users make conspiracy theories about it

Quote:
Can an Admin see how I cast my vote ?

yes, but we have no reason to be interested in that

Quote:
He's very wisely not in a dynasty

But i just found nice dynasty for myself

Jeff 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:00 pm   

WOW!
I see that this post has served it's purpose of getting people to think about it!
Well, mostly they are thinking about it.

First, let me say, I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THE ADMINS! LOL!
They do an excellent job of keeping a large and diverse site functional, workable and for the most part enjoyable.

I will only further state that it is a far cry between an emp whose only real "threat" is to drop allies and an emp that can ban you and your members and/or make your dealings difficult with other emps. Has this actually happened? Yes. Is this an "unfair" use of "political" clout? You betcha! Do people fear these sort of reprisals? Yes, of course they do. Should moderators be prohibited from dynasty positions? Probably not, I know of no one fearing" moderation".

When people vote at nearly a 2-1 margin (so far) that it is problem yet many have not left their name. I WOULD THINK THAT IS A CLEAR INDICATION OF FEAR OF RETRIBUTIONS.

I am NOT fearless, just have very little to lose.

ALSO I SHOULD MAKE CLEAR THAT THE VIEWS/OPINIONS I EXPRESS ARE PURELY MY OWN AND ARE NOT THOSE OF ANYONE ELSE...

Rebecca 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:15 pm   

yes, but we have no reason to be interested in that

Stan, that's exactly what you're missing. Obviously certain admins would be interested in that, and use this to their advantage. I've complained to you many times in PM's about abuse. You refuse to see it. Just how many complaints would satisfy you, coming from many dynasties?

Cookie 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:43 pm   

rebecca you are right in every single way
i'm here olmost 2 years and it was always a problem...

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.