SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
IP Reset
00quick00 
Gamer

Posted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:59 am   IP Reset

Most websites only allow one click per IP per day. So my suggestion is to allow a user to revisit a site provided that they have a different IP. Of course users would have the option of whether they will allow multiple IP users to visit their link more than once per day.

juntiluck 
Gamer

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:58 am   maybe but

i thonk this is good, but it would incourage people to use those things yarolds does not want, hmmm proxies i think they are

Zidane 
Mini Ming Dynasty mod

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:06 am   Re: maybe but

juntiluck wrote:
i thonk this is good, but it would incourage people to use those things yarolds does not want, hmmm proxies i think they are

Yes, this is quite a problem. I think that admins would be able to see if the person is behind a proxy or just using different computers and thus IPs. I am ocassionally able to use two or three IPs a day - my computer, my dad´s computer and the computer in the office of the political party I am in. Two IPs might mean twice as much clicks and this would be great. But as you said, it would encourage people to use proxies and the admins will have additional work with watching this. On the other side they watch this already, so this idea is quite good :)

mao_nagra 
Gamer God

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:15 am   

this is a good idea
for the problem of proxies, there are any problem, it is possible to see proxies :grin:

bailey 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:55 am   

mmm, then we would have some like me who can change ip's up to 3-4 times per day clicking thousands of links and getting extra credits, great, but i dont want someone changing 100 times and taking all of my credits away

my proxie changes when the phone rings, it cuts out my wireless signal, even though it shouldnt, but the phone doesnt ring often enough for me to bother fixing, plus its nice to get the extra hydra visits out of the way

so, in all this, i dont think its a good idea for everyone, like it for me, but not for the majority of visitors here

Regent Adelaide Hotel, Torquay, United Kingdom

Reply to topic