SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
When the competition turns to hatred
MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:11 am   When the competition turns to hatred

I enjoyed leading MMC Mob for a short while and was happy to try to help them reach the milestone of 10 million clicks. For some time it looked like they could be first, but barymore has restored RMV and will probably reach it 3 to 5 days earlier now, if not more. Congratulations to barymore and all the members of RMV.

But I am very sad to hear all of the things being said in the last few days.

About five or six members of other dynasties have come to join MMC Mob for the 10 million milestone. At least three of these were previous members of MMC Mob. But this has caused a lot of hatred and accusations of it being cheating from others. It has escalated to the point where dynasties are at war against each other and threatening to drop alliances simply because a member is choosing to help another dynasty. Many members are now joining RMV to "help them win" even though they have already won. They are welcome, of course, to do so, but these are the same people calling dynasty switching unfair. Yet they do not see the hypocrisy.

I have been told that hatred for MMC Mob runs so deep that people "will do anything" to prevent their success. I have received threats of what people will do to MMC Mob if they get close to succeeding. I am sad that it is this way.

But I think that the longer it is that MMC Mob is anywhere close to successful, the longer it is that more people will express their hatred and the more other dynasties will fight over anyone who is seen as being helpful.

I think it is time to concede this race, let it be known that RMV has won, and let everyone calm down from all the vicious things being said. The faster that MMC Mob returns to lower ranks, the less hatred it will cause.

Those people who came over to MMC Mob have done so on their own, without being asked or pressured. I did not turn them away. Apparently I should have, if I am to believe the nasty things being said. I am sorry that returning to one's "home" for a short period is seen as being so disloyal and such an unforgivable crime. You would think that this was more than a fun game. Apparently it is for some people.

Well done, RMV.

To all who are afraid of the Mob succeeding, you need not fear. Go ahead and gloat that your hatred for 1 member has stopped the 57 other members from achieving anything. I hope it makes you feel happy. It just makes me sad.

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:27 am   

Don't let them make you bow. You are great. We were awesome. I was there when pili offered her assistance to help us out. Your dynasty was the 1st dynasty I ever joined. Of course I was a newbie back then and couldn't keep postive. Then I headed to f and f and learned how to click and went back to the mob. You are patient and willling to help your members along when they have things going on like finals. Mushpark, you are a great emperor and a good leader. I don't think I would have gotten where I was today without you. The mob wouldn't be the mob without mushpark. Don't let them win. We weathered through hardships before. We lost 4 allies in one night. Yet we continued past our struggles and trumphed. So hear this, the mob will truimph!

MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:37 am   

Yes, we have had our successes. We were #1 in daily clicks a couple of times. And the Mob will continue to do well, if not ever at the top.

But my time there is over. I want to push to do better, but I am afraid that pushing any harder will just cause more broken friendships and more hatred here, and I do not wish to do that to anyone.

iFly 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:40 am   

Well, Dan, I hope no more friendships break, and the hatred stops. And good luck to you and the next dynasty you will go to.

And to the allies that want to stop the mob: Just wait until it happens to you. Then you'll all be sorry. And I sure hope you're all happy, ruining it for all the other members who DO want to see the mob succeed.

misunkyno 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:06 am   

im very sorry about whats going on here, as another thing - creating negatives in order to drop dynasties etc. i thought this was a game and fun place.. obviously, some dont get it. maybe those who dont need to start living a real life too, like us..

im happy RESPECT has been (yet) out of this..

good luck to who ever wins. but consider the costs for this kind of winning.

and mostly -thanks to mmc mob for allying us!

michaela, the EMP of Respect

bluebell_rose 
The Mobs Mod
WolfPack Leader

Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:18 am   

I don't think anything will change. Whenever the mob is close to doing well like reaching 1st like last time, we suddenly lost 4 allies in one night.

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:11 am   

Mushie You are my friend, what ever happened we stay friends.
Your words are my words, I support you :wink:
You have a great dynasty!!

Roman 
Gamer God

Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:17 am   

Well, Dan......

All what you wrote in your first posting:
Isnt that exactly what makes the Dynasty and alliance thing interesting on Yarolds?

- the single members competitions
Who gets the higher personal average

- the alliances
How to settle alliances to get more clicks then the other Dynasties

- the "wars"
I hate the word war if it comes to computer games but I dont know any better word now.
But the idea of Dynasties and Alliances without competitions and wars would not exist.

Of course we could run Yarolds also on the "peace" -way which would be:
- no Dynasties, no alliances, just a simple click exchange.

So as my conclusion:
As long there are Dynasties and as long there are Alliances on Yarolds, exactly that long will be competition, wars, accusings against each other, and so on, and so on.

Do it like I do it:
Thats life, take it easy ;-)

Ella 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:58 pm   

Quote:
Roman: "As long there are Dynasties and as long there are Alliances on Yarolds, exactly that long will be competition, wars, accusings against each other, and so on, and so on."

"the Core", Eternity, taking on the average, ambassadors, the 10 million quest and probably more that i right now can not recall or even don't know of, they are all brilliant ideas.
We might not like it, some were not fair or legal. You can hate or admire Jay for that.
But since this is a game, a competition between dynasties, we should all find our own way to be the best. It is a challenge.

Quote:
bluebell_rose: "I don't think anything will change. Whenever the mob is close to doing well like reaching 1st like last time, we suddenly lost 4 allies in one night."

Bad losers, i would say. For me, when it is a good ally, no reason to drop them because they did succeed in getting nr 1. If you do not agree about the way how they reached it, you should have dropped them before that time.

nhhk 
Gamer God

Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:23 pm   

bluebell_rose wrote:
Don't let them make you bow. You are great. We were awesome. I was there when pili offered her assistance to help us out. Your dynasty was the 1st dynasty I ever joined. Of course I was a newbie back then and couldn't keep postive. Then I headed to f and f and learned how to click and went back to the mob. You are patient and willling to help your members along when they have things going on like finals. Mushpark, you are a great emperor and a good leader. I don't think I would have gotten where I was today without you. The mob wouldn't be the mob without mushpark. Don't let them win. We weathered through hardships before. We lost 4 allies in one night. Yet we continued past our struggles and trumphed. So hear this, the mob will truimph!

I could never come up with this words myself, then you did it for me. Agree

MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:48 pm   

Ella wrote:
"the Core", Eternity, taking on the average, ambassadors, the 10 million quest and probably more that i right now can not recall or even don't know of, they are all brilliant ideas.
We might not like it, some were not fair or legal. You can hate or admire Jay for that.

I will have to admit that the MMC Mob vs. RMV competition last year (when TOP CAT was running RMV) resulted in a lot of creativity on both sides. Unfortunately I think it resulted in a lot of anger on both sides.

I am glad to see RMV back, though. I wish they had waited a week to restore so the competition wouldn't have been as close. ;)

Anyway.... I am stepping back from trying to lead or manage whatever is going on now. Whatever happens to the Mob in next 2 weeks I cannot take credit for.

nhhk 
Gamer God

Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:53 pm   

Quote:
I think we have all seen that bad things can happen when an emperor gives up control of his or her dynasty.
( Quote from MMC MOB)

This is ridiculos. You're a great leader, and I am sure you wont have any problems to lead The Mob to the top. I am sad, that this ended like this. I wish both, RMV and The Mob good luck in the future. And ofcourse I wish good luck to Dan to. Whatever you gonna do next, I am sure it will turn out very well

jassej 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:19 pm   Re: When the competition turns to hatred

MUSHpark wrote:
I enjoyed leading MMC Mob for a short while and was happy to try to help them reach the milestone of 10 million clicks. For some time it looked like they could be first, but barymore has restored RMV and will probably reach it 3 to 5 days earlier now, if not more. Congratulations to barymore and all the members of RMV.

But I am very sad to hear all of the things being said in the last few days.

About five or six members of other dynasties have come to join MMC Mob for the 10 million milestone. At least three of these were previous members of MMC Mob. But this has caused a lot of hatred and accusations of it being cheating from others. It has escalated to the point where dynasties are at war against each other and threatening to drop alliances simply because a member is choosing to help another dynasty. Many members are now joining RMV to "help them win" even though they have already won. They are welcome, of course, to do so, but these are the same people calling dynasty switching unfair. Yet they do not see the hypocrisy.

I have been told that hatred for MMC Mob runs so deep that people "will do anything" to prevent their success. I have received threats of what people will do to MMC Mob if they get close to succeeding. I am sad that it is this way.

But I think that the longer it is that MMC Mob is anywhere close to successful, the longer it is that more people will express their hatred and the more other dynasties will fight over anyone who is seen as being helpful.

I think it is time to concede this race, let it be known that RMV has won, and let everyone calm down from all the vicious things being said. The faster that MMC Mob returns to lower ranks, the less hatred it will cause.

Those people who came over to MMC Mob have done so on their own, without being asked or pressured. I did not turn them away. Apparently I should have, if I am to believe the nasty things being said. I am sorry that returning to one's "home" for a short period is seen as being so disloyal and such an unforgivable crime. You would think that this was more than a fun game. Apparently it is for some people.

Well done, RMV.

To all who are afraid of the Mob succeeding, you need not fear. Go ahead and gloat that your hatred for 1 member has stopped the 57 other members from achieving anything. I hope it makes you feel happy. It just makes me sad.

I do not want to interfere in competition between the Mob and RMV and I will not blame nobody because members of others dynasty coming to help....
Whether that is fair, each decide for themselves.....BUT something else is interesting for me!!
As I understand you, you say RMV will win??
Why then are still members of another dynasty with you?
My opinion, you are not honest.
Mob does not want 10 mil, Mob wants first places.
10 mil is just an excuse!
As I said, this is only my opinion.
BTW, congratulations on second place, although MMC UBC is better than true MMC Mob!

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:30 pm   

Jassej, again you are right! It is only your opinion ;)

Btw "Why then are still members of another dynasty with you?" right back at you mate.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:36 am   

Roman wrote:
Well, Dan......

All what you wrote in your first posting:
Isnt that exactly what makes the Dynasty and alliance thing interesting on Yarolds?

- the single members competitions
Who gets the higher personal average

- the alliances
How to settle alliances to get more clicks then the other Dynasties

- the "wars"
I hate the word war if it comes to computer games but I dont know any better word now.
But the idea of Dynasties and Alliances without competitions and wars would not exist.

Of course we could run Yarolds also on the "peace" -way which would be:
- no Dynasties, no alliances, just a simple click exchange.

So as my conclusion:
As long there are Dynasties and as long there are Alliances on Yarolds, exactly that long will be competition, wars, accusings against each other, and so on, and so on.

Do it like I do it:
Thats life, take it easy ;-)

Consider our position a few short months ago, my Friend. There was only a tiny alliance for a time, yet we desperately sought qualified applicants... Well, how many of those were available? We had momentary success when we reached 500 average. Then the entire world turned topsy-turvy... Only large alliances had a chance. NET FREAKS! has been blessed with some additions who seem to pull miracles out of hats and Allies, like you, Roman, and more Dear Friends than I can list here who gave all they could in return.
In response we opened our links as often and as long as we could afford, with the intention of being the best and most generous ally on Yarolds! We give all we can through our links to our Dynasty and to our allies, then we give training bonuses in reward to those allied Dynasties who have no negatives, or are striving towards that goal. Some of our philosophy seems to have been effective. :)

MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:42 pm   Re: When the competition turns to hatred

jassej wrote:
As I understand you, you say RMV will win??

Yes, as anyone tracking the numbers could tell you. We would have to outclick them by a ratio of over 1.5 to 1, and they are clicking well above 20K. Practically impossible to click the 34-38K numbers required to pull ahead.
jassej wrote:
Why then are still members of another dynasty with you?

Members of another dynasty? What does that mean?

They are currently members of my dynasty. Many of them were previous members of MMC Mob.

Come to think of it, many of the original members of MMC UBC came from MMC Mob. So is your success really MMC Mob's success?

And hey, TOP CAT was originally in MMC Mob too, before he started RMV. So maybe we can claim that RMV is really just MMC Mob!

jassej wrote:
My opinion, you are not honest.

The word 'honest' may not be the best word to convey what you are trying to say. I understand it as being "truthful". And I don't think anybody is trying to hide what is happening here, or making lies. It is well known exactly what is happening. Many people have left other dynasties in past few weeks to join RMV and some people have left other dynasties in past few weeks to join MMC Mob.

Some of the people joining MMC Mob were previously members of MMC Mob. For example, albacyty was previously an MMC Mob member. If you remember back on January 1, I left another dynasty to return to MMC Mob for a time to help them get better. Does that mean that I don't count either?

When you started MMC UBC you recruited members from several other existing dynasties, including MMC Mob.

One of your members, 26Locutus26 (unless he has changed it again) was originally in my dynasty (WDNC) before he left me to go help you start MMC UBC. Even a few days ago he was in "Happy Hour" dynasty. But now he is clicking for MMC UBC. So is he a member of your dynasty or not? Do his clicks not count for you? Is he part of the "True MMC UBC" or is he just visiting from another dynasty to help you? :)

jassej wrote:
Mob does not want 10 mil, Mob wants first places.

Oh, we're going to be in first? Hehehe, that's pretty funny!

No, if you were in our chat (#mmc) you would know that being first is just a fun accident. That is not why Pili has joined us. Although it's funny that it is creating such a stir!

Over in this thread I made a prediction:

MUSHpark wrote:
Dynasties who reach the top eventually tire of the daily chore of spending an hour online. Members burn themselves out, and decline in performance. Eventually they either quit or are pushed out of their dynasties. But I hereby boldly predict that the dynasty currently at the top of the leaderboard won't be there 6 months from now.

This was met by a challenge by one of your members:
activist wrote:
Message to Yarold. MushPark has laid down a challenge. Make a Big Prize for the Dynasty that can catch MMC UBC within the next six months. Nobody catches us then we win.

It seems this prediction has already come true, and your challenge lost, but it was not MMC Mob (and our extended family) who unseated you, it was Just 4 Fun, who did it without any help. Congrats to them!

But back to this subject... yeah, it seems we may sit atop the leaderboard for a few days, thanks to our former members and their friends.

I think it's pretty funny. :)

Is it legit? Many members of all our dynasties have come to us from other dynasties. MMC UBC in particular grew to be a very strong dynasty by recruiting some of the best clickers from existing dynasties. MMC Mob didn't ask anyone to come over... they are coming over of their own choice.

You can decide for yourself what you think is legit or not.

jassej wrote:
MMC UBC is better than true MMC Mob!

Better? That depends on which measure you use. :)

What exactly is the "True MMC Mob?" Do I count, even though I left to join another dynasty and returned to help them click 5 months ago? Does Pili count, even though she left to join another dynasty, then started her own, and has returned to click again?

Do we get to count the clicks of former MMC Mob members who left us to join RMV, or UBC, or Respect, or Moblets, or WDNC, or many other dynasties who started out with several MMC Mob members?

Question for you... how many current members of RMV were members 2 weeks ago? Many of the original members of RMV, who contributed over 9 million of the target 10 million clicks, are in self-assigned exile over in TOP CAT's dynasty. Are they part of the "True RMV" or is the group of clickers currently striving for 10 million the "True" dynasty?

What really is the "True UBC"? If you took away everyone in UBC who was ever a member of another dynasty before UBC (including yourself) would you be doing as well?

Are you a sports fan? In the US we like to watch baseball and our brand of football. I know that your brand of football is probably a more superior game. But in all these sports the professional teams have some players who stay with a team for a very long time, and other players who get traded to other teams and compete in a different uniform. I still think we all cheer on our sports teams as the "true" teams no matter who is wearing the uniform.

During the 2008 Olympics, Yao Ming played on China's basketball team, even though most of the time he lives in the USA and plays for the Houston Rockets. Was he part of a "True China Team"? I think so!!!

In my opinion, everyone who is currently a member of your dynasty is part of the "True MMC UBC." Everyone who is currently a member of barymore's dynasty is part of the "True RMV." And everyone who is currently a member of MMC Mob is part of the True MMC Mob.

#1 at reset today? Probably.

Legal? Entirely.

Better? Depends on what statistic you use.

Fun? Definitely. :)

jassej 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:25 pm   

DJ, I right back at mate? Why? I did not expected!
You want to say MUSHpark right back at mate?
Because he it is expected! But maybe you can not read and need to return to school? For insult to insult!

MUSHpark you can write two pages, but most yarold members are my opinion.
True dynasty members are those who come to stay in dynasty.
Of course, most was in other dynasty, it is normal.
But true dynasty members are not in dynasty just for one week.
J4F is fair first and I have congratulated! They've earned it.
I am not accusing Mob, this is a game and all want to win.
All I wanted from you is that you honestly say you want first place and not 10 mil And you've just said.
Thank you for honesty. (or for truthful how you say!) :wink:
Last edited by jassej on Wed May 27, 2009 10:41 pm; edited 2 times in total  

MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:40 pm   

jassej wrote:
All I wanted from you is that you honestly say you want first place and not 10 mil And you've just said.
Thank you for honesty. (or for truthful how you say!) :wink:

The reason Pili and many others joined was not to become #1. They joined to help with the 10M race.

Making #1 is just an accident.

But to say we don't like being #1 would not be honest. It will be fun to be #1 for a short while.

Who will be #1 after us, will it be J4F or UBC or someone else?

Jeff 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:42 pm   

LOL!
I had no idea things had gotten so SERIOUS!
I just like to instigate and point out what I consider to a certain, shall we say, "dichotomy"!
MUSHpark, I must say that you are among most thoughtful and thought provoking people on this site.
I consider you to be extremely erudite and enjoy reading your thoughts and opinions.
It doesn't hurt that I agree 90% of the time either!!!!
LMAO!

Jeff

MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:38 am   

Jeff wrote:
It doesn't hurt that I agree 90% of the time either!!!!

It is too bad you are wrong 10% of the time. <wink>

Reply to topic