SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Amateur OR Professional
activist 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:26 pm   Amateur OR Professional

So as i see it .there is a dynasty selling clicks. Well i for one cannot afford to buy into this new league and i ask the site admins to instigate a new Amateur and Professional league system for the dynasties. MMC UBC is a poor but very generous dynasty but we are not Manchester United and cannot afford to just purchase Dynasty clicks from Maxi. So we would like our Number 1 spot to be Honoured with the status of Best Amateur Dynasty. [ our motto is 'don't buy it'- BE IT]!!!
MartialLaw aka HunkyDory Telling the world.

[ Added: Tue May 19, 2009 11:31 pm ]
There are 10 million reasons lol why this is the worst thing that has been invented on this site. It can only go downhill from here. Have fun with it while it lasts.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:44 pm   

So what do you propose the cutoff in purchased credits should be to seperate the amatuer & professional dynasties?

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

activist 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:47 pm   

It is like having to pay for free television. This site is free but a lot of us purchase credits now and again and we share them with everybody. But now there is no more everybody because some dynasties are buying 50 clicks per member from some extortion dynasty so that they can buy their dynasty to the top.
Am i the only VOICE in this community to speak up about this? Come on everybody -not even Ferrari has written into this topic-[sorry Ferrari] SAY WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY. NO SECRETS>

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:51 pm   

activist wrote:
It is like having to pay for free television. This site is free but a lot of us purchase credits now and again and we share them with everybody. But now there is no more everybody because some dynasties are buying 50 clicks per member from some extortion dynasty so that they can buy their dynasty to the top.
Am i the only VOICE in this community to speak up about this? Come on everybody -not even Ferrari has written into this topic-[sorry Ferrari] SAY WHAT YOU WANT TO SAY. NO SECRETS>

To use your own words, some like pay TV as well. No dynasty on here hasnt bought members, bought extra clicks by giving neg members credits or telling members to show extra links during happy hours then helping them fund it. That includes the other name you mentioned in your post,

As for being the only voice in this community, your not. Just seems everytime the site changes or some other dynasty seems to do better than UBC, or a UBC member gets banned for multi use, The voices of the community seem to only come from UBC & how the are being victimsed.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty
Last edited by DemonicJ on Tue May 19, 2009 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total  

iFly 
Gamer Deity

Helped: 1
Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:51 pm   

They are not buying the clicks. If you get the clicks, you're just giving the credits you got from clicking back.

MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:14 pm   Re: Amateur OR Professional

activist wrote:
So as i see it .there is a dynasty selling clicks.

Nope, they are exchanging clicks for credits, which is exactly how this site operates.

activist wrote:
Well i for one cannot afford to buy into this new league

You can't? Why not? It doesn't cost anything.

If you click 50 links, you earn 50 credits.

If you transfer those 50 credits back to the people you just clicked, you end up with the same amount of credits you started with.

activist wrote:
MMC UBC is a poor but very generous dynasty but we are not Manchester United and cannot afford to just purchase Dynasty clicks from Maxi.

So don't "purchase" them.

If each of your 60 members clicked the 50 links, your dynasty would earn 3000 credits -- 50 credits for each clicker.

If 59 of your members transferred those 50 credits they earned to your emperor, your emperor would have 2950 credits. He could add his own 50, and pay the 3000.

Everybody would have the same amount of credits as they started.

At least that is how I am doing it in my dynasty. I am not paying. I am simply giving them back the same credits that I and my members just earned by clicking them.

activist wrote:
So we would like our Number 1 spot to be Honoured with the status of Best Amateur Dynasty.

ROFL. So is the definition of "Amateur" "we refresh every 5 seconds and don't do follow up links"?

activist wrote:
There are 10 million reasons lol why this is the worst thing that has been invented on this site.

Worst? ROFL. Oh, I've seen FAR worse, and I bet you have too. Let's not be melodramatic, shall we?

Join in the fun. It doesn't cost you any credits, as I outlined above... you just pay back the same you earn. Great little system.

Or perhaps you are afraid of it because you do not understand it?

activist 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:29 pm   

It appears that i am just a sore loser and i give up. At least more members know what is going on now than when everybody was SILENT

MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:36 pm   

activist wrote:
At least more members know what is going on now than when everybody was SILENT

Yes, and maybe more dynasties can join in.

Except, I'm not sure there are any other dynasties that care so much about competing for #1. You might be the only ones who really want that top spot. We sure don't care. Ferrari has told me she doesn't care.

How hard is it to stay in front of people who aren't really trying that hard? Are you seriously worried? :)

dripquill 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:00 am   

Sometimes it's not the position the dynasty is in that makes a person want to be a member. My dynasty is pretty far down on the rankings, but I really like my emp, and plan to stay there through it all. I don't buy credits. I click, just like everyone else on this exchange.

MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:16 am   

dripquill wrote:
Sometimes it's not the position the dynasty is in that makes a person want to be a member. My dynasty is pretty far down on the rankings, but I really like my emp, and plan to stay there through it all.

Good for you! I think most of the people on Yarolds are staying in their dynasties for exactly this reason.

dripquill wrote:
I don't buy credits. I click, just like everyone else on this exchange.

Most people don't have to buy credits, as you can almost always click more than you get clicked.

And since this is in the context of the "MAXI" system, I will point out again that nobody needs to buy any credits to participate. All the credits transferred to the people displaying the links come from clicking those links. Unfortunately, some people don't understand that it is unfair to click 50 links in another dynasty and not return the favor, either in clicks (by showing an extra link to be clicked 50 times by that dynasty) or credits, or a combination of both.

gamamew 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:24 am   

I have been thinking in this tread and the other one, and I ended in the conclusion this is a case of .... ATTENTION WHORE.

Why not just be happy clicking and being clicked like me :smile:

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:36 am   

Am I a professional or an amateur? I have bought 800000 credits here and most members here have gladly accepted the ones I have either shared through my links or sent to them.

MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:31 am   

DaBabes City wrote:
Am I a professional or an amateur? I have bought 800000 credits here and most members here have gladly accepted the ones I have either shared through my links or sent to them.

You're a professional and we love you! :)

I think there is only one amateur dynasty, and I think they can claim the top spot among the amateurs. ;)

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:50 am   

MUSHpark wrote:
DaBabes City wrote:

You're a professional and we love you! :)

I think there is only one amateur dynasty, and I think they can claim the top spot among the amateurs. ;)

~Giggle!~ Thank you, MUSHpark... I think... I will have Saint Ella review your answer for hidden innuendos. She is my interpreter and is more fluent in English nuances than I. As I believe I've told you English is my second language. I was raised near Houston, Texas, USA. :)

engelina 
Gamer God

Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:05 am   

why should there be a division like that? i mean, some here click just to get clicks for their links, others like the competitions, etc.

i do not think it is do-able to divide the members and dynasty's in two categories. not all have the same goal. and after that, what would be next? dynasty with the most link? dynasty with the most competitions?

i for one do not even plan to think about if i am professional or an amateur.. if you do not agree with how one dynasty is run, then simply do not join that dynasty, or do not apply the rule you do not like to your dynasty.

and now i am off to do what i am on yarolds for: click links.

No rules, although for our allies i ask to please show a link in dynasty.

Roman 
Gamer God

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:46 am   

Hi all!

Now I also drop my 2 cents here :p

I have to admit, that I absolutely dont like what is going on here. I dont like the idea to click someones links and send back credits instead of showing myself links.

This here should be Link sharing - wich means Links sharing in both directions - instead of Links against Credits sharing.

However, I dont like it but it is legal, and that is how the site works.

Roman

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:09 am   

Engelina, my Kampaku Ella had left notes for me about this issue. She should read this before a few more hours are out. Most on Yarold's respect Ella for her leadership so you are probably as certain as I am we will thoughtfully reconsider this issue and with our most trusted Shogun's full input.

[ Added: Wed May 20, 2009 4:19 am ]
Roman wrote:
Hi all!

Now I also drop my 2 cents here :p

I have to admit, that I absolutely dont like what is going on here. I dont like the idea to click someones links and send back credits instead of showing myself links.

This here should be Link sharing - wich means Links sharing in both directions - instead of Links against Credits sharing.

However, I dont like it but it is legal, and that is how the site works.

Roman
Hey you! I hope you are well, my friend. I assure you we will do a review of this and I know you know who our people are. :)

MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:53 pm   

engelina wrote:
what would be next? dynasty with the most link?

I actually think the total given numbers should be posted on the dynasty page, so that we can compete who has given allies the most clicks. I think it would be fun. :)

Bruno73 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:57 pm   

I will just repeat myself, please count the clicks received as well as the clicks done (for members/dynasties), then there will be much more links shown and clicks exchanged.

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:57 pm   

Bruno73 wrote:
I will just repeat myself, please count the clicks received as well as the clicks done (for members/dynasties), then there will be much more links shown and clicks exchanged.

I was so concerned I bought another 100000 credits. They are convenient for our contests! :)

Reply to topic