SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Changing links
tilda 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:30 am   Changing links

Okay, so I wanted to change my link from UniCreature to virtuadopt. Apparently that's not so easy. Was told it wouldn't change until rollover, so had to wait for several hours. Now I get a Waiting for check by mod message. Anyone know when I will be able to use it? Not trying to sound like a b.... just wondering if you know when the mods are usually working..?

More important question is: will I be able to change between different virtuadopt links without waiting, like I could with UniCreatures?

Tsai 
Gamer God

Helped: 7 times
Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:26 am   

There is no way to say when a mod will check it.
There are several mods doing there mod job on different times.
Sometimes the check happens within minutes, sometimes you need to wait a few hours.
Just be patient...

However as soon as the link is approved, you should definately be able to change between different links from the same domain without having to wait.
They don't approve the individual link, but the domain of your game.

tilda 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:25 am   

Then I don't understand.
I now changed from one virtuadopt link to another virtuadopt link, and I get the Waiting for check by mod message again.

:???:

Cheryl 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:01 pm   Re: Changing links

tilda wrote:
Okay, so I wanted to change my link from UniCreature to virtuadopt. Apparently that's not so easy. Was told it wouldn't change until rollover, so had to wait for several hours. Now I get a Waiting for check by mod message. Anyone know when I will be able to use it? Not trying to sound like a b.... just wondering if you know when the mods are usually working..?

More important question is: will I be able to change between different virtuadopt links without waiting, like I could with UniCreatures?

Each link slot is for a different type of link. If you change a link from one UniCreature link for example, to another UniCreature link, you won't have to wait for the mod to check it. If you change the same link slot from a UniCreature link for example to the Virtuadopt link, it will make you wait until resest to see the new link, and if it is an unfamiliar link, it will also say the Mod has to check it.

As to your question about when the Mods "work", it is up to the individual Moderator. We have Mod from all corners of the world....and it depends on when they are available to come to the link exchange to check on the links. They may be sleeping when you are awake, and vice verse. I know that is the case between me and the mod who is from Australia (waving to Jay).

I hope this helps you!

tilda 
Gamer

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:31 pm   

Thank you for your answers, but I am still somewhat confused.
When I change from one virtuadopt link to another virtuadopt link I get the Waiting for check by mod message.
I paste the new link into the line the old link was in...

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:56 pm   

tilda wrote:
Thank you for your answers, but I am still somewhat confused.
When I change from one virtuadopt link to another virtuadopt link I get the Waiting for check by mod message.
I paste the new link into the line the old link was in...

When you change between different links from the same domain you don't have to wait
just change the ://www.blablabla.com/feed.php?id=5235 last 4 numbers or when it is a game with a name //www.blablabla.nl/click.php?x=Ferrari change the name Ferrari.
Than your link changed immediately.

Tsai 
Gamer God

Helped: 7 times
Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:56 pm   

Ferrari wrote:
When you change between different links from the same domain you don't have to wait

That is exactly what Cheryl and I said too, but apparently it works different for the virtuadopt link tidda tries to change, so I guess this is something for a yarold moderator or admin to look into...

Reply to topic