SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
HAT redirection
byc171 
Gamer

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:46 am   HAT redirection

After typing another Human Awareness Test, I just think it would be useful if we could get redirect to the link that we clicked that activated the HAT, this would be quite useful during the Happy Hour, as members do limit their links and everyone did click fast during these time.

For example, if I click a link that require some waiting time at dynasty exchange, then click to main, when the waiting time completed, it switched to HAT, I typed it, then click back to dynasty and the link disappear already. Therefore, if we can get redirect to the original link after we hit enter, we would not miss them, hopefully the admins can consider this suggestion.

malbus 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:37 pm   

I like this idea, in fact was thinking about it the other day after getting a HAT and then trying to figure out where on the list of 100 links that link which spawned the HAT was.

It shouldn't be a difficult change to make.

Hessen-Yeti 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:45 pm   

really good proposal. that's a fact, that already disturbs me for a while...

thepossum1 
Gamer God

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:32 pm   

Very good suggestion byc :)

hehe Malbus--advantage of not using snaplinks--my machine only likes to open max 10 links before it freezes, so I can usually find the HAT generating link easily. BUT as mentioned, it's very frustrating to go through the HAT--yeah I noticed some have popped up from timers too--and then have the real link be gone.

EDIT--just had the thought--Is a good HAT percentage truly a good indicator? I suspect that some are good at doing the extra action for a HAT, but may not necessarily follow through on actual links requiring action. At least judging from the amount of short notes complaining about getting x amount of clicks, but y amount of growth for the pet not corresponding to the clicks.
Last edited by thepossum1 on Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total  

MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Helped: 1
Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:16 am   

I agree with this, and think we could get more HATs this way.

And I think the HAT percentage shoudl be a rolling average. I could skip the next 1000 HAT tests and still be over 25%... that's silly.

Reply to topic