SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
ranks
Tuleria 
Gamer God

Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:10 pm   

I think that the idea MUSHpark has come with, is very good.

And.. Not give freedom to the names. But maybe we could add a rank below kampaku and above shogun, where it only can be 2 or 3 members?

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:50 am   

DemonicJ wrote:
Yes definately would use them.

think along the lines of military, political type terms

Commander in Chief
General
leitenant
sarge
private.

Maybe have the ranks fully user definable (rank names & rank abilities??)

PS, yes I would still like an extra rank added ;)

Shame, shame on me for having ignored this thread for so long! Our Shogun MUSHpark brought it to my attention. but only after I queried our senior advisers of NETFREAKS! about the need for a rank for them above Shogun. "Shogun" is seen as a respected term for a warrior and leader, sworn only to their Emperor and Dynasty. I would like to propose the term "Sensei." The term "Sensei" is used in most Oriental arts, in one form or another, be they Japanese or Chinese. A Sensei will usually be a master at Martial Arts, and also a respected scholar, adviser, and teacher.

[ Added: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:14 pm ]
Yarold wrote:
if you could have option to change ranks names: 1) would you use it? 2) if yes, to what you 'd change them ?

I have several members on my Team, each of whom is fully capable of being a fine Emperor, but there can only be one Emperor and Kampaku, the Kampaku being the heir to the Dynasty. None of these Shoguns lacks motivation, all are fine leaders, advisers, and mentors. I do so wish I could give them the rank of Sensei, a step above Shogun as a promotion they all richly deserve.

Yarold 
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:30 am   

A proper name for rank is needed

and not sensei

Wolverines
Gamer God

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:58 am   

i think there is enough ranks now why you need more? first people need to be promoted above shogun then oh we should get another position so i can promote people again and again and again and again and again and again..

Xazy 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:20 am   

Maybe just "Samurai" could be used (between or below daimyo and shogun).

dimidola 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:19 am   

Samurai!!!! good one!! I' d like that!

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:37 pm   

I see we have a new rank now'' samurai''
we have now
peasant samurai daimyo shogun kampaku emperor
The new rank is between peasant and daimyo.
But at that place we did not need a new rank.
we need the new rank between shogun and kampaku, so that the emp has a right and a left hand.

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:51 pm   

Yes with the rank in the lower part of the dyn you'd have to start demoting members to get the right picture? Why put it there when all talk has been about giving a new rank to the Top Shoguns?

Edit: I have read up on the subject a bit and I understand now:

The title Samurai is below the daimyo in rank so it's understandable to place it where you did Stan.

I suggest the Title Taikun as above Shogun.

It means "Great Lord" or Supreme Commander it was used as a title to designate the Shogun in relations with Foreign countries.

The word/title is later used in a modified form in the English language as Tycoon = A wealthy business manager.

MainCore 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:29 pm   Samurai

At RMV we like the new samurai rank quite a lot. It provides us with the opportunity to re-sort our members according to the Minimum Average that is now the most important stat.

Besides I always thought that the daimyo rank was underestimated because of its closeness to peasant. In fact daimyo was a very important title in feudal Japan (check here).

In short: well done !!!
Be the Master
Last edited by MainCore on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total  

jassej 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:40 pm   

Ferrari wrote:
we need the new rank between shogun and kampaku, so that the emp has a right and a left hand.

Agree

Yarold 
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:33 pm   

Quote:

Thats what shogun rank is for, you can have as many hands as you want.
This is why shogun have same permissions as kampaku rank. To be left/right/middle hand of emperor. It can do everything setting allies, setting dynasty things.

A suggestion of Taikun
I check wiki and some of my books and i dont understand why ?
It was some sort of foreign minister, so it 'd have permissions to ally settings only.
Im sorry but for me it looks like you want me to cripple shogun rank because you have problems with demoting members.

Xazy 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:25 am   

I think it makes more sense.

Many Dynasties have many Shogun, who have the ability to make and break alliances, change settings etc... but are forbidden from doing so. Restricting this rank only to users that the emperor actually wants to do these things makes the rank more meaningful.

And of course, if you're an emperor who disagrees with that, you can give the rank any meaning you want... it's still the emperor's choice of when you get promoted (by dynasty rules).

Ella 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:26 am   

Xazy wrote:
Many Dynasties have many Shogun, who have the ability to make and break alliances, change settings etc... but are forbidden from doing so.

That is why the request came to make a (rank)name for shoguns who are allowed to do these actions. I understand and liked that idea too.

Quote:
...Restricting this rank only to users that the emperor actually wants to do these things makes the rank more meaningful.

Maybe adding something to the -left/middle (lol) /right- hand Shoguns? Just lLike the members who have a blue star when they are VIP.

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:41 am   

Shoguns do not have the same abilities as kampakus - they can't pro/demote Shoguns :razz:

Yes I have a problem demoting members who haven't done anything to deserve a demotion and I don't believe I am the only one with that problem.

The wish for a rank between Emp and Shogun is an old wish, when you made the Kampaku rank questions was made to why there could only be 1 - so the wish is still there: Either to have more than 1 Kampaku (which I don't think is the best idea) or give us a rank to give to those shoguns who help out in running the dynasty and as Ella said - it could just add a Top- to the Shogun title.

As for the definition of Taikun ... I don't think anyone here would object if a Taikun also had the authority to de/promote Shoguns .... even if that wasn't the case in ancient Japan.

MainCore 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:30 pm   Additional ranks (for the future)

I agree with Stan about the idea that SHOGUN should be considered a very high ranked member, almost like a left hand for the EMPEROR. The problem is that the limited ranks available in the original game format have produced lots of SHOGUNS in all dynasties.

Please consider the opposite viewpoint: add lower ranks and leave the SHOGUN status for those truly important members of the dynasty. I suggest the following ranks below the SAMURAI but above PEASANTS.

GASHIRA - Literally, "head." The GASHIRA were battlefield leaders of small units of troops; there would be a GASHIRA at the head of each spear or bow company, for example. The most direct comparison would be to a modern army sergeant.

ASHIGARU - Literally, "light foot". They were the rank and file of samurai armies; issued standard arms and under the command of a superior most of the time. As the backbone of feudal clan armies, they were always the most numerous, without ASHIGARU, there is no army.

CHUGEN - Literally, the "in-between." The initial rank of new members in the army. They are junior members of the military units whose responsibilities are little to none other than the important task of paying attention to experienced members and learning the ropes. After they have procured their own garb, built their own supply of weapons, and attended several realm battles, CHUGEN are no longer trainees and are promoted to ASHIGARU.

Regards,
MainCore
RMV Emperor
Be the Master

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:03 pm   

Yess we have a lot of shoguns, and they earn that title!! what do you think what happen if i degrade my shoguns to a new rank?

we just want 1 new rank above the shogun, like jeanne also said, than we can make a right and left hand.
when the emp and kampaku not are available, people know where they can ask help.
now we see when emp ad kampaku not are available, members are waiting till we are back.
I think that left hand Rank is very good.

misunkyno 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:56 pm   

i say we keep the shoguns who are shoguns but will not promote more to the shogun rank. newcomers will be sorted in the peasans-samurai and as an honor they can get daimyos. i dont mind demoting sb if theyre absent or not doing their job. or we can just demot all from shogun and after a while give a few a higher rank? in my dynasty of 16 (and soon even less cause of many neg) its not sucha problem but i get that in 60 ppl dynasty you have more shoguns etc..

hippie 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:35 am   

I also believe there should be a rank above Shogun and agree that demoting shoguns to the new ranks would just serve to upset a lot of people.

Reply to topic