SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Question on Visibilty
kito 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:07 am   Question on Visibilty

I have VIP first off :)

I have set a limit on one of my links for the last few days and before i thought that if you set a limit when it got to zero the link was not shown anymore. But it keeps showing in history and does not go off anymore after the limit is reached.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug?

I have history checked and then set the limit.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:25 pm   

Links will you hide do still show on pages for users that did not refresh the site, until page is refreshed.

kito 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:48 pm   

it never did hide though.

It would run down to zero on the limit and then stay active.

I set it for roughly 500 in the limit and have right at 2000 hits on the other side. and the check mark never left the history box at any time in the 3 days I have been showing it.

Before when I used the limit the check mark left the box if i remember correctly. (but it has been awhile)

rhicat 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:32 am   

Kito, I'm experiencing the same problem today.

I am VIP and I set a link for a 20 click limit (Dynasty Only, no History or Main). When I checked my history I saw that the link got 39 clicks.

To be certain, I tested a different link again after server reset. A link set for 20 click limit was allowed 29 clicks. The link did uncheck itself.

Previously, when I set a click limit on a link it never went over. This feature lets me show many links during Happy Hours without danger of going negative. Until today, that is.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:52 am   

rhicat wrote:
Kito, I'm experiencing the same problem today.

I am VIP and I set a link for a 20 click limit (Dynasty Only, no History or Main). When I checked my history I saw that the link got 39 clicks.

To be certain, I tested a different link again after server reset. A link set for 20 click limit was allowed 29 clicks. The link did uncheck itself.

Previously, when I set a click limit on a link it never went over. This feature lets me show many links during Happy Hours without danger of going negative. Until today, that is.

If your doing this during a happy hour the answer is a simple one. The site allows for up to 20 extra clicks to be made on links (hence you see -19 or so in dynasty). That update was done a while back & may explain whats happening to your links

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Patone 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:37 pm   

DemonicJ wrote:
If your doing this during a happy hour the answer is a simple one. The site allows for up to 20 extra clicks to be made on links (hence you see -19 or so in dynasty). That update was done a while back & may explain whats happening to your links

Perfectly right. I always set my HH links in limit 10, knowing they will receive 15-20 clicks...

Always set limit a little less than you actually want people to click.

rhicat 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:45 pm   

DJ & Patone,

Was not aware of that . Thank you!

Reply to topic