SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
About updating the links in my profile
KeaSeth 
n00b

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:37 am   About updating the links in my profile

When I update the links in my profile (delete old link, add new link), the current link gets out of the box and the new link gets in, link status will be "Changing to new". But nothing changes, I checked after 5 hours, everything in "Links" is still the same, my link in "SumUp" still is the old link, and the old link still uses my credit.

I join SWLE for my dragcave and always succeeded with helping the egg hatched on time before, but with this delaying/not working update links problem, I cannot do anything T_T

Please tell me what's wrong here. Thanks in advance.

Tsai 
Gamer God

Helped: 7 times
Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:43 am   

Nothing is wrong.

If you change a link in your profile from the same domain, like dragcave link to another dragcave link, the change will be immediately.
But when you change domains, like a dragcave link to a valenth link, the change will take place after the next reset at 7 am server time.

siobhon 
n00b

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:00 pm   

i have the same problem, and the link is from the same domain as the previous one,

Edit: its working now! ^^ :grin: thanks
Last edited by siobhon on Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:15 pm; edited 2 times in total  

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:13 pm   

siobhon wrote:
i have the same problem, and the link is from the same domain as the previous one,

Should be ok now.

You added as new, to change it right away, it's easier to change the current link and avoid losing lots of extra credits.

siobhon 
n00b

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:16 pm   

thankyou!

Miticante 
n00b

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:46 am   

Hi there, I wasn't sure whether to necro this, or start a new thread.

My links are not working, either. Any link, at any time.

They worked fine previously and this morning and I joined a Dynasty. I noticed no link showing and changed the link, as I always do. My links (I used many different usable links) never showed up and I was quickly bounced out.

My links are still not showing, despite logging off and back in....changing links, etc. I was told that I was not the only user experiencing this.

Please advise, thanks!

Miti

***edit*** I see mine are finally showing, thank you!
Last edited by Miticante on Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total  

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:17 am   

Your links should be fine now.

jennielynn 
Gamer God
Trying My Best

Helped: 4 times
Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:19 pm   

Metalteo wrote:
You added as new, to change it right away, it's easier to change the current link and avoid losing lots of extra credits.[/color]

Ok, so is it not a bug that I set all of the options and at rest when the links were actually added, my links reset to the defaults? This does not make me happy as I've been working really hard to conserve credits, and now they're all gone because the settings that I chose were ignored. I never would have added the links if I knew they'd be shown on Main and History with no limits for 8 hours before I could check them.

Why can I even change the settings if they're going to change back? The only thing that kept was my reset settings. If those can save, shouldn't the others as well?

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:04 pm   

jennielynn wrote:
Metalteo wrote:
You added as new, to change it right away, it's easier to change the current link and avoid losing lots of extra credits.[/color]

Ok, so is it not a bug that I set all of the options and at rest when the links were actually added, my links reset to the defaults? This does not make me happy as I've been working really hard to conserve credits, and now they're all gone because the settings that I chose were ignored. I never would have added the links if I knew they'd be shown on Main and History with no limits for 8 hours before I could check them.

Why can I even change the settings if they're going to change back? The only thing that kept was my reset settings. If those can save, shouldn't the others as well?

This has nothing to do with each other.

When you add new link it will show in the exchange.

this is an implemented suggestion, because new users on the site appear with hidden when they add their links.

Users didn't like that so new links show. Are not hiiden.

jennielynn 
Gamer God
Trying My Best

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:10 pm   

Metalteo wrote:
This has nothing to do with each other.

When you add new link it will show in the exchange.

this is an implemented suggestion, because new users on the site appear with hidden when they add their links.

Users didn't like that so new links show. Are not hiiden.

Ok, then I guess my problem is that I am able to change the options of where it shows, but those options are not respected. I'm fine with defaulting everything to checked, as it does. My problem is that I unchecked everything and saved it but my changes didn't save.

Oh well.

Also, I thought that as it was related to changing links in the profile maybe the same thread could be used rather than opening a brand new one.

Yarold 
Site Admin

Helped: 12 times
Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:37 pm   

Quote:
Ok, then I guess my problem is that I am able to change the options of where it shows, but those options are not respected.

I 've checked and options that are set are respected.
Quote:
My problem is that I unchecked everything and saved it but my changes didn't save.
Did you really did that or is that just a suggestion ?

jennielynn 
Gamer God
Trying My Best

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:47 pm   

Yarold wrote:
Quote:
Ok, then I guess my problem is that I am able to change the options of where it shows, but those options are not respected.

Quote:
My problem is that I unchecked everything and saved it but my changes didn't save.

I know I set them. I'm not sure that they saved, since you have to save the links, then the checkboxes appear. I do know that the options that I set for the reset were still set, but my click limit wasn't and I'm sure I did that at the same time as changing the reset time.

At this point, the only way to know for sure would be to add another link to test it. I don't feel comfortable doing that though, since I already lost over 1000 credits overnight, and I haven't even been able to build back up a third of that yet.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:02 pm   

jennielynn wrote:
Yarold wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

I know I set them. I'm not sure that they saved, since you have to save the links, then the checkboxes appear. I do know that the options that I set for the reset were still set, but my click limit wasn't and I'm sure I did that at the same time as changing the reset time.

At this point, the only way to know for sure would be to add another link to test it. I don't feel comfortable doing that though, since I already lost over 1000 credits overnight, and I haven't even been able to build back up a third of that yet.

You don't need to be
worried to be losing credits to a bug. We will always repay them to you.

jennielynn 
Gamer God
Trying My Best

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:16 pm   

Ok I added a new link, and I'll check on it as soon as I can tomorrow morning. I ensured that the options are set correctly.

[ Added: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:46 am ]
Looks like it is working. Maybe the confusion is that the options don't display until after you add the link, and you have to hit save twice.

Reply to topic