Previous topic :: Next topic
Closed by: Metalteo
Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:16 pm
gained/given question
Ferrari 
Gamer God

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:14 am   gained/given question

We have a question about given/gained , if you look below, for example the dynasty ''We stay positive'' than you see they give us( 9435) 2000 more links than we give(7510) them, how is that possible, they have 7 members and we always 50 or more, I know for sure we give them more links than they us, so how is this counted

Dynasty--------------------Clicks Given--------Clicks Gained

REAL MINI VILLAGE :arrow: 883581--------- 771535
NET FREAKS! :arrow: 64874---------- 48132
International Mmc :arrow: 32892---------- 32489
We do not CARE :arrow: 257836-------- 247303
We Stay Positive :arrow: 9435--------- 7510

Tsai 
Gamer God

Helped: 7 times
Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:05 am   

If everyone is always positive and shows 1 link only and everyone would click all links daily, the numbers would be equal, since:

7 * 50 = 50 * 7

But there are a lot of factors that change those numbers.

- not all your members are always positive
- a lot of members show more as 1 link
- not all members click every day, or don't click all the links they can click on a day

You can offer a lot more links to We Stay Positive, but if they don't click them, it is very well posible they click 2000 links less as you.
Those numbers don't tell you what you offer them, but what is actually clicked. So if your members are a lot more active in clicking, it is very logical you click a lot more as them...
And of course the more you offer, the more CAN be clicked, but it is no guarantee it WILL be clicked, because that is up to them...

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:25 pm   

okay one more question because i find this very difficult (sorry i am blond)

yarold member OctoberIvy from ''Allied Hippies Haven'' just showed 9 links so i watched the given gain, before i clicked it was ,
(6086 gained 8287 given )
after i clicked his links and probably some more from our dynasty clicked the 9 links it says
(6089 gained 8322 given )
that means the given is higher after i clicked the links.

That means the given is : the links I clicked in the allie dynasty?
that means the gained is : The links the allie clicked in my dynasty?

Please give me a understandable explanation

oh and another question
it all depends on timing as well ?

it could be that we show links at moments that the allie don't see and visa versa.
than it looks like in the gained we show less links but it could be that the allie just bad click's?

jkcove08 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:22 pm   

Hey all, I have been watching our numbers real close in the last hour.. I think I have figured this out but have also sent a message to Yarold to see if he could please explain it too..
When you scroll down and get to an ally you will see a number given and a number gained. These are in terms of clicks. As and example I will use What we see when we scroll down to RMV at this time, which of course will change some as soon as someone clicks a link,,
Actually I think if RMV looked at their numbers it would be opposite of what we show too... We have 1461 gained and 925 given, they would have 925 gained and 1461 given. So RMV has clicked 1461 of our links and we have clicked 925 of theirs. So currently they have gotten more from our links then we have from theirs. Jenn

Tsai 
Gamer God

Helped: 7 times
Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:32 pm   

As far as I know:

clicks given: are the clicks you do with your dynasty on their links.
clicks gained: are the clicks they do with their dynasty on your links.

And as I said already in my first reply: the clicks gained and given do NOT tell you anything about how much links you show to them. It only tells you how much is actually clicked.

If you show 300 links during HH from 6am till 7am, but they don't click them (maybe because the members of your ally are not online at that time), the clicks gained will still be very low because they don't click your links.

Don't use the gained or given numbers as proof of how much links you show, because showing links is no guarantee that they will be clicked also.

jkcove08 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:43 pm   

Thank you Tsai, This is just to clear up a misunderstanding between us and another dynasty. They are using the difference between the 2 as a reason to want to drop us.. We feel that it is untrue that we dont offer near as many links to click for them as they do for us. You are very right about it all depending on who is on when extra links are put out. Most extra links a put out when I am in bed so I miss a lot of them.. I am to old to stay up or run on 4 hours of sleep so I do my best. lol I think it might also help if everything was zeroed out at the first of the year so we run solely on one years numbers instead of continuing on. I think once this is clear to everyone it will help all dynasties understand their alliances better. Jenn

Yarold 
Site Admin

Helped: 12 times
Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:46 pm   

I'm unsure what needs to be added here, i think Tsai said it all.

Quote:
licks given: are the clicks you do with your dynasty on their links.

yes, its idea from very beginning to give some feedback on quality of alliances you make.

Quote:
Don't use the gained or given numbers as proof of how much links you show, because showing links is no guarantee that they will be clicked also.

I find this obvious. There is some correlation between but there is a ton of other things that affect how many clicks you give/gain.

jkcove08 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:49 pm   

Thank you Stan for your quick response !!! Jenn

Bruno73 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:41 pm   

Quote:
clicks given: are the clicks you do with your dynasty on their links.

Right, thus a bit of confusion because the real "gain" is the number of clicks given (you gain credits) and the real "gift" is the number of clicks gained (you give credits).

Quote:
the clicks gained and given do NOT tell you anything about how much links you show to them. It only tells you how much is actually clicked.

Right, but that is what matters. (I mean the number of clicks received/done)

Quote:
its idea from very beginning to give some feedback on quality of alliances you make.

It is indeed the right way to evaluate an alliance. Link exchange is fair if you exchange, that is if you give as much as you get. If you have "gained" (that is you are clicked) much more than you have "given" (that is you have clicked), your alliance is NOT fair to you (and conversely).

For instance, so far RMV members have been clicked 1,334,092 times by their current allies and clicked them back only 1,264,810 times. In other words, 69,282¢ are gone out of the dynasty to its allies :neutral:

By the way, thanks to The Untouchables, Net Freaks and HippiesHaven, the only dynasties to have given more to RMV than what they got.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:16 pm   

There's no need to retrieve old topic to rant.

Last post date was 25 days ago, (3.5 weeks)

Locked.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.