SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Over 5 hour wait time
70Chevelle 
Hardcore Gamer

Helped: 1
Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:56 pm   Over 5 hour wait time

on those new hotel links? - wow - is that really necessary? I've got two setting - counting down but at this rate - they'll barely be finished before reset - and if there are any more - then they wouldn't be finished by reset

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:04 pm   

Quote:
You can't make any new visits right now - you need to wait 6 hours, 0 minutes.

70Chevelle 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:12 pm   

Metalteo wrote:
Quote:
You can't make any new visits right now - you need to wait 6 hours, 0 minutes.

ok -I thought that was for each individual hotel - thanks for clearing that up - I'll make sure I don't click them any more - can't leave those pages up all day

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:20 pm   

This is from their manual

Quote:
Visitors

1. Everybody (or every unique person, to be precise) can visit one hotel every 6 hours. A little bonus for registered users: they can visit 3 hotels every 6 hours.
2. No matter how many visits you can make, there's an additional limitation: you can't visit one person's hotel more often than once every 1 day. Example: at noon, you visit your own hotel and the one that belongs to Jennifer (leave her a comment to visit yours!). 6 hours later, you can't come back to either your or Jennifer's hotels (you need to wait full 1 day to do that. But you can go to hotels that belong to other people (and drop them a note as well :-) ).

70Chevelle 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:29 pm   

well - three in 6 hours sounds a bit better - I'll just go register (and not put up my link here) and then if too many people don't put up those links it shouldn't be a problem - thanks for all your help! :)

engelina 
Gamer God

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:37 pm   

from what i noticed, is that the link does not need much clicks. i had mine on with a limit of 20 credits, and had a full hotel after that.

and i just visited the people who had hotels themselves, back, and used my 3 visits that way.

No rules, although for our allies i ask to please show a link in dynasty.

70Chevelle 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:40 pm   

I just realized though that registering won't help with the timer - it will still be a 6 hour wait time

Darrel 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:36 pm   

yes, but you can visit the link outside Yarold's.

scarlete 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:54 pm   

(there's already a topic about this ok fine except that it wasn't in the "other games section") :/

Which for the record, is where I look when I'm inquiring about new games.

70Chevelle 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:59 pm   

doesn't matter - the site doesn't work for me anyway - it refuses to count my visits - keeps saying I have 3 after I registered yesterday - but I can hit that stupid button all day long and it won't register my click and it's been over 24 hours since I asked about it in their forum so I just won't worry about that site anymore - thanks for your help everyone

Cheryl 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:53 pm   

70Chevelle wrote:
doesn't matter - the site doesn't work for me anyway - it refuses to count my visits - keeps saying I have 3 after I registered yesterday - but I can hit that stupid button all day long and it won't register my click and it's been over 24 hours since I asked about it in their forum so I just won't worry about that site anymore - thanks for your help everyone

The Hotel you are trying to visit may be full. Put your cursor over the hotel, and it will open up to the rooms. It will let you visit 3 times if you are a Hotel Owner and there is room in the Hotel you are trying to visit. I tried to figure that out too as to why it didn't let me visit, and that was the reason. Hope this helps you.

Cheryl, owner of Hotel Cawalla in Aurora!

filmore 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:01 pm   

And can someone move that Hotel link from the "visit all" list? I'm sick and tired of seeing a link that I cannot click for at least three more hours, over and over again!

Thank you

70Chevelle 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:06 pm   

Cheryl wrote:
70Chevelle wrote:

The Hotel you are trying to visit may be full. Put your cursor over the hotel, and it will open up to the rooms. It will let you visit 3 times if you are a Hotel Owner and there is room in the Hotel you are trying to visit. I tried to figure that out too as to why it didn't let me visit, and that was the reason. Hope this helps you.

Cheryl, owner of Hotel Cawalla in Aurora!

that was it - problem solved - thank you!

Patone 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:06 am   

Cheryl wrote:
The Hotel you are trying to visit may be full.

That stands for most of the times.
My hotel fills with 45-50 credits, and that goes for an hour showing the link on dynasty.
Yer Hotel links have a long wait, but the owners doesn't require much visits either.

Patone, owner of The Hostel in Cape Town

Solrayne 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:34 pm   

Hmm seems to be some kind of new problem now with this....either that, or people are just skipping, or not able to use it due to Yarrold timer.....

Had hotel link up for an hour now, and only ONE visit.

Before today, Every day I put the link up for a couple mins, I could fill a WHOLE, empty hotel in about 10 minutes the same way.

This only started today. Not sure what's going on....other than credits dropping.

malbus 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:39 pm   

Solrayne wrote:
Hmm seems to be some kind of new problem now with this....either that, or people are just skipping, or not able to use it due to Yarrold timer.....

Before today, Every day I put the link up for a couple mins, I could fill a WHOLE, empty hotel in about 10 minutes the same way.

This only started today. Not sure what's going on....other than credits dropping.

It's the timer. I can't click yours since I still have over 4 hours to wait on the timer and there were at least 2 Yer Hotel links up less than an hour before yours come up today so most people already clicked on one of the earlier links.

Solrayne 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:47 pm   

malbus wrote:
Solrayne wrote:

It's the timer. I can't click yours since I still have over 4 hours to wait on the timer and there were at least 2 Yer Hotel links up less than an hour before yours come up today so most people already clicked on one of the earlier links.

Ahh, ok...had a feeling that was the problem. I know how to deal with it now, just wasn't 100% sure of the cause until now.

Cheryl 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:19 pm   

Solrayne wrote:

What I have been doing, is to watch when others have their Yer Hotel link out............and wait til there is a time there are no other links. I look at my hotel, see if there are open rooms, and will put my link out for maybe 10 hits (I am blessed with being a VIP). That usually is enough to get my rooms filled, if it doesn't fill, then I will put up another 10. I never leave this link up as one that I show all the time. It is a good Happy Time link for me! Hope this helps you too!

Hotel Cawalla in Aurora!

radio-ratio 
Gamer

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:02 am   

6 hours isn't that bad... PhantasyRPG has a 24 hour wait, and for good reason too.

Solrayne 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:04 pm   

Well, 6hrs. is one thing, and if it were just that alone, would probably be ok with it....

But, right now how it's working (or "not" working) is pure crap and a waste of a lot of credits. 10 mins with link up, almost 200 credits lost, and NOT ONE Credited visit on the games' page! Sorry to say it that way, but I'm more than quite Irritated with this now, and to write how I would really describe it, would mean using inappropiate language for a public Forum.

I thought if there was a TIMER, then credits DIDN'T get deducted/given until the timer was ended?

Something is NOT right, when some 200 credits get flushed, and NOT EVEN ONE visit there gets recorded!

I know there's not this kind of problem on Hydra....there's NO timer there, and when credits get deducted there, I actually AM getting visits from them....
Just 20 mins THERE, with same link in use, and all the possible visits for one day were filled....and took less than 50 credits.

Reply to topic