FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Closed by: Metalteo
Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:38 pm
dragcave
Ladywizard 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:57 am   dragcave

Is dragcave going on timer with the new no snaplinks rule going in place?

Tsai 
Gamer God

Helped: 7 times
Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:39 pm   

Lets first wait and see if TJ is actually going to implement code against the use of snaplinks, shall we?

And if he does and it would be necessary to have a timer on dragcave links, I am sure the admins will do that.

However at this moment everything is still fine without a timer, so please lets keep it that way for now.

No need to create a problem where there isn't one yet...

Sci 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:52 pm   

TJ locked the topic and replaced the text with this image

no clue what it actually means that he did this but hopefully it means he decided to ignore the use of snapping *hopes*

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:56 pm   Re: dragcave

Ladywizard wrote:
Is dragcave going on timer with the new no snaplinks rule going in place?

What new rule?

Sci 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:22 pm   

TJ had asked everyone to stop using snaplinks but after 10 pages of heated discussion he locked the topic and replaced all the text in the first post, where he asked snappers to stop, with the above posted image, no official rule has been made and it is not known if TJ still wants snapping to stop or not

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:58 pm   

I've done some search myself.

The site is having problem with multiple pages being opened at once.

This is causing high server load, the server can't handle so many requests at once.

Timer has been added to Dragon Cave links for the time being.

azvojda 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:29 pm   

Can somebody explain me what is "snaplinks"?

Setting timer on dragcave means I must spare about half an hour more for clicking, that's not good.

Why opening several dragcave links at a time causing a problem, but opening several Myminicity does not? If the Yarold time frame is causing that, isn't it better to just remove that frame?

Sci 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:40 pm   

the frame isn't the problem and snaplinks is a fire fox add on that allows you yo open multiple links in new tabs all at once
if the timer is a prob;em time wise for you then just open all dragon cave links in tabs in a new window and let the timers run themselves out, it's only a 30 second wait anyways although even a 15 second wait would do the job, TJ just needs it so that 20-40 DC pages are not opening simultaneously.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:49 pm   

http://dragcaveforum.tech...80&#entry899341

filmore 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:48 pm   

Problem is now.. when I click the drag-cave links at dynasty page ans switch to main / history, the same links pop up as clickable and after a time I get the "already visited" text.,. alot.. is there a way to handle this problem?

Koshka 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:12 pm   

We all go a little crazy when there are new eggs. I hope the timer will be removed when we calm down.

My understanding was that TJ was concerned with folks snaplinking the main and abandoned pages to try to grab multiple eggs there.

I've never done that. But I do open a lot of Dynasty Exchange DC pages at once with Snaplinks. Perhaps I'll slow down on that for the time being.

And Metalteo, thanks for the explanation!

Ladywizard 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:13 am   

It wasn't just the grabbing of eggs though... it was also the egg hatchery type deal where you could have upwards of 10 thousands dragons shown at once times that by even ten people snaplinking them to get their "quota" done you've got a major strain occuring and generally it is more than ten people. I think I got through about 2500 eggs on one page before egg rescue got blacklisted if that puts things in perspective

Koshka 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:21 am   

Gosh, maybe stop doing that???

L6313 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:43 am   

Thanks to everyone for the info!! Thanks for the explinatations as well! NOW I know whats going on I feel better!

Hopefully once the egg craze slows down things will get back to normal.

70Chevelle 
Hardcore Gamer

Helped: 1
Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:41 am   

azvojda wrote:
Can somebody explain me what is "snaplinks"?

Setting timer on dragcave means I must spare about half an hour more for clicking, that's not good.

Why opening several dragcave links at a time causing a problem, but opening several Myminicity does not? If the Yarold time frame is causing that, isn't it better to just remove that frame?

why would it take you any longer at all to click? - just open up the link and let the page set until it clears - its not like you can only open up one at a time - just open them all - yarolds will take care of the time on it and give you credit when it "times in"

rhicat 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:47 am   

The Dragoncave site was having a problem because a new egg was released on a US holiday weekend. I read the original SnapLink topic on DC forum and TJ did not have a problem with users using SL to *view* eggs. The problem was people using SL to *take eggs* from the main cave and abandoned page.

Please, please remove the timer from DC links. Until it is, I have no choice but to discontinue clicking on Yarold's because of the time delay. (Which I hate to do because I love it here)

Darrel 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:29 pm   

Yes! PLease no timers on Dragcave! :cry: There are too many Dragoncave links, so a minute timer is ====.

70Chevelle 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:11 pm   

rhicat wrote:
The Dragoncave site was having a problem because a new egg was released on a US holiday weekend. I read the original SnapLink topic on DC forum and TJ did not have a problem with users using SL to *view* eggs. The problem was people using SL to *take eggs* from the main cave and abandoned page.

Please, please remove the timer from DC links. Until it is, I have no choice but to discontinue clicking on Yarold's because of the time delay. (Which I hate to do because I love it here)

you have read the original post incorrectly - TJ specifically states that all the pages opening at once is putting a severe drag on the server - all I'm getting out of all this fuss is that some folks here do NOT click all the links - it's no wonder some peoples avg is so low if they are only clicking links with no timer!
Last edited by 70Chevelle on Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total  

Koshka 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:19 pm   

I hope the mods will consider removing the timer when things calm down. And I really wouldn't mind opening all the timed pages and going off to lunch or chores....

IF A HAT DIDN'T OCCASIONALLY SHOW UP. I am stuck at my puter until I see all the pages load, if I care about retaining my 100% care. And I do.

If there must be a timer (which I do question) then at least don't allow a HAT to open in a timed page.

70Chevelle 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:00 pm   

Koshka wrote:
I hope the mods will consider removing the timer when things calm down. And I really wouldn't mind opening all the timed pages and going off to lunch or chores....

IF A HAT DIDN'T OCCASIONALLY SHOW UP. I am stuck at my puter until I see all the pages load, if I care about retaining my 100% care. And I do.

If there must be a timer (which I do question) then at least don't allow a HAT to open in a timed page.

the HAT will be there when you get back - you don't have to take care of it instantly

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.