dragcave
70Chevelle 
Hardcore Gamer

Helped: 1
Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:52 pm   

ratchet freak wrote:
if the view links are optional dragcave shouldn't be a care link

cause IMO it's either a CARE link with a click list or not a CARE link at all

this is a good point - while it's nice to have a few clicks on your dragons - they can and have grown up with 0 clicks - and dedicated DC users will click the view link anyway and most others won't whether or not they are care links - it might solve everything just to take them off of care and leave the shortened timer - solves both problems

Tsai 
Gamer God

Helped: 7 times
Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:00 am   

This has already been answered before...

Dragcave are CARE links because you need to fully load the page.
The images of the dragons need to load for them to get a view and/or unique view.

They are not CARE links becuase you have to click on the view next to the dragons, because as said before, that is optional.

70Chevelle 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:46 am   

Tsai wrote:

The images of the dragons need to load for them to get a view and/or unique view.

They are not CARE links becuase you have to click on the view next to the dragons, because as said before, that is optional.

thank you for that answer - I hadn't seen the answer before

mrpoey 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:07 pm   

Tsai wrote:

its the same thing for outwar... page has to fully load but it isnt a care link

care link or not i can't wait for an hour for the dragcave links, I guess if it wasn't a care link I could just hit the view all button then close the tabs later on! YAY! change it nao! :grin:

Darrel 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:22 pm   

Is the timer on the DC links just temporary? Will it be removed after some time?

precious 
Gamer

Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:31 pm   

I understand the need for the timer, however there are *lots* of people refusing to click DC links because of it.

I hate this has happened, and I've noticed a dramatic decline in my incoming clicks. I used to get upwards of 500 a day, now I'm barely getting 200. :???:

I have a feeling I'll need to find an alternate place for them in addtion to Yarold's, so I can get the views I need. For what it's worth, I'm still clicking (and viewing eggs/hatchlings) all DC links...as well as participating in other CARE links. :cry:

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:47 pm   

DC is lagging so badly that a lot of clicks aren't counting.

But when you need more clicks, you can always show your link on main page. There's only 400 people on the dynasty exchange, so you will never get 500 clicks from there anyway.

precious 
Gamer

Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:52 pm   

When I click from main...don't I click people that aren't in my Dynasty? Can they not click back in their history?

Just asking because I click every possible link and get clicks back from people clicking in their history. One would think it wouldn't be uncommon to get clicks that way...and have more than 500 incoming clicks...

Tsai 
Gamer God

Helped: 7 times
Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:08 pm   

precious wrote:
When I click from main...don't I click people that aren't in my Dynasty? Can they not click back in their history?

Yes they can.
As long as you are not a VIP everyone can click your link in history if you have clicked theirs, so getting 500 clicks a day is very easy in that way.

precious wrote:
I have a feeling I'll need to find an alternate place for them in addtion to Yarold's, so I can get the views I need.

I don't understand this comment.
You don't need 500 views a day on your dragons!
I give my dragons betweeen 75 and 100 views a day only and they grew up all just fine, hatched after 3,5 days, matured after another 3,5 days. Never had any dragon killed because of lack of views. So Yarold's gives you everything you need even if you only get 200 instead of 500 now. Be happy and enjoy the credits you keep from people not clicking your link anymore. In time it might give you the chance to add another link :)

L6313 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:02 pm   

Well I for one don't mind that folks don't want to click the DC links cause I am getting to build up credits for the first time! Maybe I'll be able to save up enough to actually not have to worry about going negative! YAY!
I also clikc on the main page and you can get views for your dragon by changing your link to the view adress instead of the scroll link...and although they seem to be growing a bit slower...my dragons seem to still be getting enough to grow up! So I am kinda happy about the timers...did I just say that??

jkcove08 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:48 pm   

I dont know why everyone is so upset.. The timer is only about 15 seconds. The timer starts as soon as the page is loaded and if you view even one egg or hatchling, which is helpful for them to grow, your time is already up and you can click the next DC link... I dont use the super fast firefox or snaplink but I dont have a problem at all.. Only once in a while will I still have to wait 5 seconds or less. Jenn

rhicat 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:43 am   

Metalteo wrote:

But when you need more clicks, you can always show your link on main page. There's only 400 people on the dynasty exchange, so you will never get 500 clicks from there anyway.

Many of the 400 dynasty members show more than just one link.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:46 am   

rhicat wrote:
Metalteo wrote:

Many of the 400 dynasty members show more than just one link.

They can still only click your link once.

rhicat 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:50 am   

jkcove08 wrote:
I dont know why everyone is so upset.. The timer is only about 15 seconds. The timer starts as soon as the page is loaded and if you view even one egg or hatchling, which is helpful for them to grow, your time is already up and you can click the next DC link... I dont use the super fast firefox or snaplink but I dont have a problem at all.. Only once in a while will I still have to wait 5 seconds or less. Jenn

I'm very glad you aren't having problems. I wish it were so for everyone. I (and several others) are experiencing browser and computer crashes with the new timer on such a popular link. For me, the DC links don't simply load one after the other. With the DC lag it takes several repeats of the timer and still the pages don't load.

I've had to leave my dynasty because it became impossible for me to maintain my average or credit balance. But that's my problem, not yours or the admins.

jkcove08 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:03 am   

rhicat wrote:
jkcove08 wrote:

I'm very glad you aren't having problems. I wish it were so for everyone. I (and several others) are experiencing browser and computer crashes with the new timer on such a popular link. For me, the DC links don't simply load one after the other. With the DC lag it takes several repeats of the timer and still the pages don't load.

I've had to leave my dynasty because it became impossible for me to maintain my average or credit balance. But that's my problem, not yours or the admins.

I am sorry to hear that!!! I joined Yarolds because I joined Dragon Cave.. Now I have realized I have Dragon Cave because of Yarolds.. I also have Valenth and Mushi also. This way I can give extra links at happy hour.. All of the different games have problems and hopfully DC problems will be fixed with the new server that TJ has purchased. Good luck and do your best. Jenn

Grandpa 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:23 am   

Tsai wrote:
precious wrote:

Yes they can.
As long as you are not a VIP everyone can click your link in history if you have clicked theirs, so getting 500 clicks a day is very easy in that way.

precious wrote:
I have a feeling I'll need to find an alternate place for them in addtion to Yarold's, so I can get the views I need.

I don't understand this comment.
You don't need 500 views a day on your dragons!
I give my dragons betweeen 75 and 100 views a day only and they grew up all just fine, hatched after 3,5 days, matured after another 3,5 days. Never had any dragon killed because of lack of views. So Yarold's gives you everything you need even if you only get 200 instead of 500 now. Be happy and enjoy the credits you keep from people not clicking your link anymore. In time it might give you the chance to add another link :)

I would agree with Tsai because Dragon Cave eggs and hatchlings simply do not need that many clicks. Eggs have 7 days to mature to hatchlings, not just 3 and 1/2. If they get 50 clicks per day they're fine.

About the timers - the current delay seems to be working well, but the timer for the "Your Click Has Been Counted" mark should be increased. For whatever reason(s) my DC click is "counted" by Yarolds before the page is loaded. I'm certain the purpose of DC links being CARE is being defeated at least partially.

~Granps

70Chevelle 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:00 pm   

the only thing I can figure out is that the people that are having problems don't open each link in a new tab without leaving main page- its easy enough to do - even without snaplinks - just hold the ctrl button down while you click the link - do that to every link on page and then go through your open line of tabs to see if any need more action - by the time you get to the end everything except the pokeplushie timers will be finished - it just sounds like to me that these folks are just clicking one link at a time and waiting for it to finish - thats the only way I can think of that would take any time at all

rhicat 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:41 am   

70Chevelle wrote:
the only thing I can figure out is that the people that are having problems don't open each link in a new tab without leaving main page- its easy enough to do - even without snaplinks - just hold the ctrl button down while you click the link - do that to every link on page and then go through your open line of tabs to see if any need more action - by the time you get to the end everything except the pokeplushie timers will be finished - it just sounds like to me that these folks are just clicking one link at a time and waiting for it to finish - thats the only way I can think of that would take any time at all

Not so. I use Snaplinks and open everything up in new tabs. By the time I'm finished with Minicity and other links the DragonCave links are still blank or waiting to load images.

70Chevelle 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:35 am   

rhicat wrote:

Not so. I use Snaplinks and open everything up in new tabs. By the time I'm finished with Minicity and other links the DragonCave links are still blank or waiting to load images.

if they are blank or waiting to load images - that has NOTHING to do with the yarolds timer - that is because Drag cave is lagging badly

rhicat 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:28 pm   

The majority of the problem is with DC's lag, yes. But I think the timer and frame on Yarolds isn't helping the issue. Because when I snapclick DC links directly on other fora I do not get computer crashes or browser freezes. The pages do take longer than normal to load but they do load without refreshing.

Players everywhere are noticing (and complaining) that their dragons are not getting the views/clicks they used to. As has been stated here, you don't need views in the thousands to get an egg to hatch/mature. Nor will it happen any sooner than 3.5 days. I just had a brood grow up under lag and without a dynasty just fine. Frustrating but fine :razz:

EDIT: It looks like TJ found the cause of the lag so things should be back to normal. And with a new server the site will hopefully be faster.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.