Previous topic :: Next topic
Closed by: Yarold
Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:05 am
Tiny General Contest
Yarold 
Site Admin

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:21 pm   

Philadelphia wrote:
For 1,000,000 credits, it's hardly a contest when there are, at best two, and maybe really only one, horse(s) in the race.

There are 76 dynasties and all of them can participate.

Philadelphia 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:38 am   

Yarold wrote:
Philadelphia wrote:
For 1,000,000 credits, it's hardly a contest when there are, at best two, and maybe really only one, horse(s) in the race.

There are 76 dynasties and all of them can participate.

That's not reality, in order to hit 'both' bennies, 550 per member and 30,000 team average, here is what is required of 'any' team, large or small. The first column is the number of member in any given team, the second column is what is required as an 'individual' average in order to reach the 30,000 team average.

Some of the 'individual' numbers border on goofy numbers:

54.55 members x 550 average = 30,000 team clicks
50 members x 600 average = 30,000 team clicks
40 members x 750 average = 30,000 team clicks
30 members x 1,000 average = 30,000 team clicks
20 members x 1,500 average = 30,000 team clicks
10 members x 3,000 average = 30,000 team clicks

Help me understand wher all 75 teams have a chance?????????

Yarold 
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:28 am   

Quote:
wher all 75 teams have a chance?????????

as you have just proven above: yes, everyone have a chance / everyone can participate.

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:08 am   

I love your sense of humour Yarold :lol: :lol:

Now being a cynic I think RMV are best placed for this one. But if their allies are savvy they may negotiate with RMV's Emp to share the spoils or they'll pull the plug. Same goes for any potential winners.

As for any dynasty having a chance, and please don't any of the Emps take this the wrong way, Gamers Alliance whose ethos seems to be the best to truly embody a link exchange haven't a hope in hell.

That all for now. I'm off to do the math and see if it's possible to do 30000 and a day.
PS I might need some good allies anyone want a share :lol:

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:09 am   

Your all saying RMV will & that little dynastys dont ahve a chance? Merge, win the pot then go back to your small dynasty with the spoils!

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:33 pm   

If only the top five clickers 500+ from all dynasties merged, sorry Net Freaks that's you people out, they could grab the spoils and help their own dynasties on their return.

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:02 am   

turdkey wrote:
If only the top five clickers 500+ from all dynasties merged, sorry Net Freaks that's you people out, they could grab the spoils and help their own dynasties on their return.

One of these days we will grow!

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:57 am   

DaBabes City wrote:
turdkey wrote:

One of these days we will grow!

I bet you get applications to join.
The trouble with selective breeding is it lessens the gene pool!

Ella 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:45 pm   

Quote:
="turdkey"

Not a single one since the 'knock out'. It is obvious very human to join only winners, i can live with that. Sending out invitations now for the past week(s) . (not to members of other dynasties)

Nothing wrong with selective breeding, it's a choice and not the easiest way to catch up with the big dynasties in this competition, but we keep trying.

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:32 pm   

turdkey wrote:

Perhaps so, but I would rather have the smallest dynasty on Yarold's from being selective than risk offending our friends, our allies. by offering them negative credits.

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:04 am   

DaBabes City wrote:
turdkey wrote:

Perhaps so, but I would rather have the smallest dynasty on Yarold's from being selective than risk offending our friends, our allies. by offering them negative credits.

I'm sure they have a few negatives anyway but isn't the thrill of being top a major driving force in your dynasty's philosophy on admissions? That 30,000 in a day is going to be a real bummer for you folks. That's 5,000 each :lol:

I said Yarold had a good sense of humour.

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:34 pm   

turdkey wrote:

I'm sure they have a few negatives anyway but isn't the thrill of being top a major driving force in your dynasty's philosophy on admissions? That 30,000 in a day is going to be a real bummer for you folks. That's 5,000 each :lol:

I said Yarold had a good sense of humour.
Not entirely, I have always been competitive, but I also appreciate all those here who place a high priority to giving value in exchanges with their allies. 5,000 clicks a day will be a challenge for us, yes. :)
Yarold has a fantastic sense of humor, but I do wish it would enable him to award the prize retroactively to the dynasty that was on top a few weeks ago! :)

Philadelphia 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:28 am   

I'm sure while well intended, this was not a well thought out contest.

Darrel 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:06 am   

Ooh, for these that think the contest is not well thought, don't participate! Yarold made the contest this way, so this way it will remain. If someone wants a "better" contest, then he/she can make his own!

Also, look what DemonicJ said, and look at the current avg clicks of the top dynasties - Just4Fun and RMV's ave's are dropping while the other dynasties' are rising.

Like Yarold said - everyone has a chance!

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:26 am   

Darrel wrote:
Ooh, for these that think the contest is not well thought, don't participate! Yarold made the contest this way, so this way it will remain. If someone wants a "better" contest, then he/she can make his own!

Like Yarold said - everyone has a chance!

good words Darrel, I am agree with you

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:09 pm   

Ella wrote:

Nothing wrong with selective breeding, it's a choice and not the easiest way to catch up with the big dynasties in this competition, but we keep trying.

It did not do the Egyptian Pharaohs much good, and it isn't doing much for pedigree dogs either.

Ella 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:00 pm   

Quote:
It did not do the Egyptian Pharaohs much good, and it isn't doing much for pedigree dogs either.

Love your sense of humor too, turdkey :mrgreen:

le-sotho 
n00b

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:48 am   

The left column of the graph says Average Clicks - but it seems to be tracking daily clicks instead?

jkcove08 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:52 pm   

I have a question about this little contest.. How will you award the credits if a dynasty happens to win? Will you send them to the emp or will each member get an even share. Jenn

Roman 
Gamer God

Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:05 am   

jkcove08 wrote:
I have a question about this little contest.. How will you award the credits if a dynasty happens to win? Will you send them to the emp or will each member get an even share. Jenn

Hi Jenn!

A very good question!

And what about the Alliances that help to achieve to win the contest? One Dynatsy alone can't do it :D

I think, that this is a very psychological contest and I have to say, that I dont want to win it and to get all the credits because no mater what you do and how you share the credits you can only do it wrong as Emp :p

Hugs Roman

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.