SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Mail To Other Members
PreciouS HearT 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:18 pm   Mail To Other Members

I am not here to blaming. Just want to make a discuss, if possible :)

It is my bad experience from Dynasty. Sometimes i noticed, some people mailing our friends and giving them Credits and asking to join their Dynasty. And they mentioning,

your present dynasty is small and not good. Join us, we are good with show more links and we are able to click 600 + links from our own dynasty and our good alliances. You don't have good alliances to see more links. So, come and join us. I know more better about this site.

I believe, it must happening with others too.

Every one are able to check others from Dynasty by clicking their id. And they are able to send mail. If possible to stop this, then it would be good.

Explain :

I am able to check other member's data from my Alliance. And, also i am able to send mail them.
Is it possible to stop check others and mail others ? It would be great, if i would able to check and send mail to my members from my own dynasty only.

I know, this is not a big things, but, sometimes this small thing comes out like a big issue.
Last edited by DemonicJ on Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total  

engelina 
Gamer God

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:25 pm   

if i understand you correct,. you want to turn off mailing between non dynasty members, so one can no longer mail ally-members?

i rather not have mail other dynasty's turned off.. i sometimes have to mail an ally, for several reasons. if mail other dynasty's is taken away, i no longer can have any contact with my allies.

No rules, although for our allies i ask to please show a link in dynasty.

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:31 pm   

This is not a good suggestion.
I have lots of friends in RMV, unity,F&F, I mail a lot with them.
I also mail other Emperor's and kampaku's when they are max 400.
I mail when someone is sick, birthday, or other special occasions.
And most important mail is, the mail i send to ''no dynasty members'' to ask if they want in a dynasty.

PreciouS HearT 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:12 pm   

engelina sis, i am agree with you. But, mail to other ( only ) Emperor or Kompakus, then its ok. Cause we need it :)

And also we need send a mail to non Dynasty members.

But, checking others data by clicking their id and mail to others members from other Dynasty, its not good.

Dannic2002 
Gamer Deity

Helped: 3 times
Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:20 pm   

Ferrari wrote:
This is not a good suggestion.
I have lots of friends in RMV, unity,F&F, I mail a lot with them.
I also mail other Emperor's and kampaku's when they are max 400.
I mail when someone is sick, birthday, or other special occasions.
And most important mail is, the mail i send to ''no dynasty members'' to ask if they want in a dynasty.

I compleatly agree with Ferrari, I do most of the above :D and I think the mail feature should be available for all to use to mail everyone!

Dan

Cheryl 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:14 am   

We need the mail system. That was one of the best systems that was put into place. Before we had the mail, we would have to hope that members read this forum, and we would pm that way. It did NOT work as not everyone uses this forum (though they should). I needed to set a member today, RMV was maxxing me out. I mailed Dan, within 5 minutes everything was fixed and I was able to set my new member. I am a people person, when I see in someone's shortnotes they are going through a hard time, I will mail them, just to see if they are OK but more importantly to let them know someone cares. To me, yarold's has become a family. Yes, we are in different dynasties, but that is OK. As a yarold family member I still care about you, and want the ability to mail you and let you know that. I would never mail someone and tell them to come to my dynasty. I have a couple people who aren't in a dynasty, and I have mailed them to make sure they were OK. I never mentioned coming to my dynasty..that isn't the important thing. People is the important thing. We have a wonderful system here to be able to talk to each other,....let's not mess with it and leave it as it is please!! (stepping off my soapbox now)

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:57 am   

The other side of this point, what if someone in your dynasty wants to join another? with what your proposing they wouldnt be able to mail the dynasty they might want to join to see if they would be accepted.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:01 am   

DemonicJ wrote:
The other side of this point, what if someone in your dynasty wants to join another? with what your proposing they wouldnt be able to mail the dynasty they might want to join to see if they would be accepted.

when they wanted to do that, they will go anyway, with mail or without mail system..

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:04 am   

Not always in my experience. I had quite a few mail me before joining my dynasty at that time (MMC Mob)

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

PreciouS HearT 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:59 am   

I think, you are not clear about my point.

Well, here is an explain.

Mail are enable for
Those members, who are in your own Dynasty. Just think, you have 10 members. So, your 10 members are able to send mail each other. But, not others from other Dynasty / Alliance.

Enable for other Emperors and Kompakus from Alliance.

Enable for those people, who are not with a Dynasty.

Mail are disabled For
Alliance members. No one are able to send a mail to other members from alliance, non alliance.

And Cheryl, of course you will need to send mail to other Emperors or Kompakus. But, i think, there are no need to send a mail to other members from alliance :) And please don't think, i mentioned about you did it lol. No, you didn't. Another three person did this stupid work. And they stolen my 8 new but great clicker members.

I know, if some one left me or you, they will do it without mail offer. But, it is hurt full. And i heard this from some other people too. They said me same, they said, it happened with them too.

Anyway, as you no one are agree with this, then i am stop to think continue about this.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:48 am   

Im all for freedom to mail/talk to whoever about whatever you like. If the recipient does not want that type of mail, them maybe an ignore that sender option maybe a better idea

engelina 
Gamer God

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:55 am   

i also like to be able to mail members of other dynasty's. in the past, i have mailed a shogun from another dynasty for various reasons. i also have had mails from shoguns from other dynasty's about various things.

i like demonicj's idea more, the ignore function.

No rules, although for our allies i ask to please show a link in dynasty.

malbus 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:08 am   

Personally I find it in bad taste to mail someone already in a dynasty just to try and recruit them for another dynasty. I've had a few such mailings. It just lowers my opinion of the "recruiting" dynasty and if I ever chose to change dynasties in the distant future (unlikely to happen), the dynasties that tried to lure me out wouldn't be on the list of ones I would want to join.

I don't see any reason to change the mail system over it though.

Restless 
n00b

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:19 pm   

I don't understand. You mail members of our dynasty asking them to join yours. So, you are asking to disable an option so you can no longer mail our members? It seems to me that you could just stop doing it. Or again, maybe I am misunderstanding.

norrbotten 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:04 pm   

I don't see the problem.

If someone would mail me to ask me to change dynasty (which isn't realy propably couse of my bad ave) it's totaly up to me to respond to that and NOT to anyone else. If I like to change dynasty I do and if I don't I don't, thats it.

I'm not in favour to force members to stay in our dynasty. This is a free world and people are capable to decide for them selfe if they ignore a begging to change dynasty-mail or if they folow the offer.

Sci 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:11 pm   

if dynasty members can be so easily swayed then they are not worth having, restricting mail is not the answer and people would find a way to try and steal members anyways. I personally would be quite ********** if my mailing was taken away or restricted :/ sorry precious, I do not like this idea. mail is only the concern of the sender and recipient, no matter the subject.

Reply to topic