SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Someone Has My Link?
Kaya 
n00b

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:43 am   Someone Has My Link?

I was clicking links on the main page and found myself looking at my Dragon Cave scroll, despite the fact I only have the link visible on the Dynasty exchange. I checked again and didn't see my name, but when I clicked on bobtheadventure's link it took me to my scroll. I don't know if it's a glitch or if the above user just made a mistake...but it's a little unnerving.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Helped: 9 times
Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:02 am   

He doesnt have your link. the link he is using is the account link. So if your logged in it will take you to your account page

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

Kaya 
n00b

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:35 pm   

Oh, I have heard of that. Thanks for telling me! :)

Solrayne 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:53 am   

Kaya wrote:
Oh, I have heard of that. Thanks for telling me! :)

I just saw this happen with my Dragon cave link too....Clicking a "dragon Cave" link next to someone elses' name on the Link exchange list, then MY Dragon Cave page appeared.

I just want to understand a couple things about this....

1- This is considered "normal" ?
2- This means they're not actually "using" MY link illegally or otherwise, it is just the way it "appears" ?

It just seems strange, because this is the first time I saw this happen. If it is legitimate, then it should be ok, I just want to be sure nothing "wrong" is being done with my link in this regard.

engelina 
Gamer God

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:03 am   

sometimes someone makes the mistake to instead u of using the link for your scroll (/user/uername) they use the link that goes to the account page. (/account) if clicked, the last one will always show your own scroll. its easy to see its the account page too, because of the get code and action links being there.

no, it can not do any harm for you... for the user in question, it means their dragons are not getting any views, and they basically are wasting credits.

No rules, although for our allies i ask to please show a link in dynasty.

Solrayne 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:57 am   

Ahh, ok, Thank you :)

It just seemed odd, because Ive' clicked probabally 1,000's of dragon Cave links by now, and this was the first time I saw it happen.

Looks like the person was just new today to join the Yarold's site, so that would probably account for their making a mistake too, LOL.

Reply to topic