FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Antidynasty
scarlete 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:41 pm   Re: Antidynasty

MUSHpark wrote:
DaBabes City wrote:
Our dynasty has had four members for months, and we have worked our way to being the "First to 500!" meaning the first Dynasty willing to work hard enough to attain a 500 average.

DaBabes City,

First, congratulations on achieving 500. Yes, you are the first to do so.

But I'll take issue with your claim that you are the first "willing to work hard enough" for it. If I took the "top 4" of my own dynasty, who have been willing to work hard for it, we'd be at 550 by now. And still not nearly as high as the top 4 of other dynasties.

Try comparing your 4 members' averages with the top 4 clickers in many other dynasties and you'll find yourselves far from the top. Your best clicker (you) is #67 on the overall game's top clicker list. That means 66 yarold's members are "working harder" than the hardest-working member of your own dynasty. MMC UBC has 4 of the top 5 spots, all with 700+ average, so if they kicked all but the top 4 people, they'd shoot up towards a 700 dynasty average. If they kicked all but the top 4 right before reset tonight, they'll shoot up 20 spots on the board, and be "first to 517", and leave you in the dust.

Thankfully, I think they're about more than getting the highest average, they're also about building numbers. I think they're more than willing to work hard. But they also are willing to take on new members with lower averages.

DaBabes City wrote:
We added a great clicker who has helped us, but another super one has left. We are actively recruiting more members, as we have been all along.

There's a difference between actively recruiting members who already have high averages, and actively helping newcomers, who may click 500+ per day, but start out with a "1". You have not been open to allowing new members to join, no matter how well they click. Any new members you "recruit" will, by definition, be coming from another dynasty, yet you'll get the credit for their success.

DaBabes City wrote:
Some people respect that we show more active links daily than some dynasties four or five times our size.

Good for you, and thank you for doing that. Providing more links is definitely a good means toward getting a lot of good allies, and having enough allies for your members to all click above 500 is how you achieved your current rank. Well done!

DaBabes City wrote:
Most have congratulated us graciously as our average surpassed theirs. Personally I am proud of our achievements, but then I know the thousands of hours of work!

Again, congratulations.

But again, you seem to take credit for "thousands of hours of work". DO you know how many thousands of hours of work my shoguns and I have spent helping newcomers and educating them on credits, links, browsers, resets, and the like? How much "work" do you put into educating your other 3 members? Seems the "work" is just in clicking.

Which is a lot of work, but I'll note that the 915,000 clicks that my dynasty's members have made are collectively many more thousands of hours of work than your 179,000. And by that measure, we must give major kudos to Gamers Alliance, who still sits well atop the heap at 7.25 MILLION clicks, thanks to a very newbie-friendly policy that doesn't much help their average but does help their size and longevity.

Given that total clicks seems to be the measure Yarold uses on a personal basis (VIP at 60K, for example), it seems a more appropriate measure of true dynasty greatness than whoever happens to currently hold the highest average.

Metalteo wrote:
What could be possible is adding a new ranking, that calculates total clicks done by all members in day.

In other words, it would be the sum of all members average or dynasty avg * total members.
It's all the same.

This would reflect the most active dynasty more based on the amount of members they have.

This calculation has no bad effect when accepting new members with low average. Infact even a new member with 1 avg, will still add 1 to the total.

I like this idea, but it still will hurt the "just starting out" dynasties.

I would prefer a system where the dynasty average changed based on that day's clicks from members, rather than the dynasty average changing based on personal averages.

SO a new member who could click 500 would apply 500 to the dynasty average, not their personal average of 1 (or 50, since it would actually take those daily clicks into account).

It was amusing watching the "Taking on the Average" dynasty when nobody in it was clicking but their dynasty average was only slowly decaying. Amusing, but not really representing a dynasty's effort.

Another possible new system which would not punish dynasties for taking on new members, is to only count the top 10 (or 20 or some other number) members. Or only count members who had been in a dynasty for 10 days or more.

Srsly, best comment in this thread.

I don't know when UBC was founded, but I don't think it took very long at all for UBC to get a lot of members.

The irony of how they got some of the better clickers, of course, does not escape me.

The smaller dynasties, two in particular, are not accepting new members who are new or have low click avg. Only yesterday did I notice that two of them did, and I now see that it was probably because of this thread. (:

Half the time I can't figure out what the heck Zion or Jassej are saying (online translators are not the best!), but they didn't do too bad getting their dynasty off the ground and fast.

How long has Net Freaks been around? Seems like at least a month or so.

Ella 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:52 pm   

DaBabes City wrote:
Quote:
We added a great clicker who has helped us, but another super one has left. We are actively recruiting more members, as we have been all along.

MUSHpark wrote:
Quote:
There's a difference between actively recruiting members who already have high averages, and actively helping newcomers, who may click 500+ per day, but start out with a "1". You have not been open to allowing new members to join, no matter how well they click. Any new members you "recruit" will, by definition, be coming from another dynasty, yet you'll get the credit for their success.

Doesn't make us populair by some, i know. Newbees get no chance.
But i am sure you can't convict DaBabe on wanting good clickers as all dyns are working on encouraging their members to do their best to show links and click as much as possible.
After all, it is a competition.

She wants the best and i want to support new members with little or no ave, which is not in our dynasties policy.

So, PLEASE make a new system without personal ave , so i can tutor newbees and whip them to make 500 clicks a day (eh, how does it work putting a smiley here?)

I hate to have enemies and fighting, i love to have friends and hugs. AND a good competition (smiley)

Scarlete, i don't know how long NetFreaks are around, but i think i joined them 2 months ago.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:22 pm   

Quote:

The irony of how they got some of the better clickers, of course, does not escape me.

The smaller dynasties, two in particular, are not accepting new members who are new or have low click avg. Only yesterday did I notice that two of them did, and I now see that it was probably because of this thread. (:

Since the beginning of eternity I have 3 people request to join. 1 is in, one is a serial dynasty hopper (& left before he could be accepted in) & the other that was accepted in that has now been booted, was booted for CoC reasons.

I have also had a recruitment post up longer than this post, so dont think you could be referring to Eternity in relation to recruitign because of this thread.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:41 am   

Ella wrote:
So, PLEASE make a new system without personal ave , so i can tutor newbees and whip them to make 500 clicks a day (eh, how does it work putting a smiley here?)

I'll second this motion! Or third, since I think WT said it first :)

Roman 
Gamer God

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:18 pm   

MUSHpark wrote:
Eurul wrote:

Dynasties with an lower amount than 10 members get a penatly which woud look following:
For every member you have less than 10 members the missing members have a Ave/day of 1.

Yes, that was part of my idea but you missed the other part which was more important. I was suggesting you just base the dynasty average on the top ten clickers.

Thanxs for your response!

I personally would not like that. I and many others dont have time to click all the time. I mostly dont click on weekends. Well this weekend I do but normally not. Which means, that I will never have such a high Average to get counted.

So whenever our memebrs say, (example) wow we reached Rank 3, I must answer:
"Yes you did it but I did NOT help anything for it."

Not that I need that but I want to know that I also help, even if its only a bit D

Or did I missunderstand your idea?

MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:22 pm   

Eurul wrote:
I personally would not like that. I and many others dont have time to click all the time. I mostly dont click on weekends. Well this weekend I do but normally not. Which means, that I will never have such a high Average to get counted.

So whenever our memebrs say, (example) wow we reached Rank 3, I must answer:
"Yes you did it but I did NOT help anything for it."

Not that I need that but I want to know that I also help, even if its only a bit D

Or did I missunderstand your idea?

Thanks for the feedback... and I understand. Unfortunately it's hard to determine whether it's a long-term low click-rate clicker, or a newbie still working their way up.

I think the best solution is to not use personal averages in the dynasty average calculation. Period. Use daily clicks instead. (And let people set themselves on vacation!)

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:18 pm   

And judging by the small number of people answering this thread it does not look like too many actually care. Surely this issue will be judged by what ever suits the individual poster best.

Most people, just as in real life, may not like what fate hands out but get on with it and do the best they can anyway.

I also find the thread title distasteful. Born out of self interest someone came to grind their axe.

zvonimir 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:15 pm   

I noticed that I have this discussion a lot of people read. That many people do not participate with the proposals.I think that people fear that others would not have not understood because most use a variety of translators (sometimes and I).
Each dynasty should give his proposal here, I think.

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:29 pm   

I suppose this is just a question of what Yarolds is really about?

1 A click exchange?

2 Just another competition for us all to play?

I am not too fussed . I get the clicks, mostly, that I want , enjoy clicking, having fun and making new friends. The dynasty competition is a fun distraction and it does help you meet new people.

But I do think the last lot of changes to dynasty rules have been good for competition between dynasties. And that there will always be winners and losers whatever system is used.
Last edited by turdkey on Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total  

Ella 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:37 pm   

Quote:
"Yarold"

these are not included in calculations of dynasty average

It is solved !

"Peasant" has become a flexible thing. I see it as a playground. And when a peasant reaches a higher ave he/she can move up to daimyo or shogun.

And on the other side : Emperors, Kampaku's, shoguns and daimyo's will be set to peasant when on holiday or other circumstances, until they return.

We're still dealing with personal ave though, but i think this solution is a challenge.

Edit: hear, hear, Turdkey ^^

zvonimir 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:21 pm   

Ella wrote:
Quote:
"Yarold"

these are not included in calculations of dynasty average

It is solved !

"Peasant" has become a flexible thing. I see it as a playground. And when a peasant reaches a higher ave he/she can move up to daimyo or shogun.

Not good.Three steps backwards . It is good for those about whom I wrote here.
I think that it and write the rules :(

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:34 am   

Dynasties of all sizes will have an advantage no matter what the rules are. UBC grow faster than RMV because they are smaller? net freaks & eternity grew faster becuase they were smaller than UBC.

What say we just call UBC the winner & get back to the business of clicking as thats what we are here for

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

jassej 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:45 am   

DemonicJ wrote:
Dynasties of all sizes will have an advantage no matter what the rules are. UBC grow faster than RMV because they are smaller? net freaks & eternity grew faster becuase they were smaller than UBC.

What say we just call UBC the winner & get back to the business of clicking as thats what we are here for

hahaha that was good!
Yes UBC grows faster than RMV but UBC tries to be bigger, you even try?
UBC is in the moment, for me, winners because Net freaks for me does not count as a dynasty!
And best at the end ... if you really want to return to business clicking then go back to the MOB and click !!!!!!!!!!

Jeroen 
Gamer

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:53 am   

omfg..

really what is this thread about..? MMC UBC fealing attacked by other small dynasty's? geez -cares- I agree with that guy who said let's get back to our normal clicking and call MMC UBC the winner.. in the end they are, in 10 minutes they'll be number 1 and not to be harmed by anyone who might get to defeat MMC UBC.. Wow.. please I am requesting jassej/zvonimir to stop the continious questioning about the new dynasty averages.. Yarolds changed it to this now in order to keep everyone happy.. 90/% is happy with it.. get over it..

jassej 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:38 am   

Jeroen wrote:
omfg..

really what is this thread about..? MMC UBC fealing attacked by other small dynasty's? geez -cares- I agree with that guy who said let's get back to our normal clicking and call MMC UBC the winner.. in the end they are, in 10 minutes they'll be number 1 and not to be harmed by anyone who might get to defeat MMC UBC.. Wow.. please I am requesting jassej/zvonimir to stop the continious questioning about the new dynasty averages.. Yarolds changed it to this now in order to keep everyone happy.. 90/% is happy with it.. get over it..

Because Jeroen MMC UBC past I do not rate his writing, there were times when it's all my decision was agreed !!!!!!

zvonimir 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:45 am   

DemonicJ wrote:
. UBC grow faster than RMV because they are smaller? net freaks & eternity grew faster becuase they were smaller than UBC.

We are here to help us to click, we did not come here to sleep.

I do not know why it bothers you?

Conclusion on everything:

And what more to say here? From antydinasty they made even worse;minus-dynasty

Reply to topic