SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Antidynasty
zvonimir 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:22 pm   Antidynasty

Certainly gave you see that there are dynasty, which have one or two members.How is it dynasty?I him call name antidynasty. I think that dynasty, which has less than six members should not (could) take part in the overall state of dynasty.Such dynasty will not accept new members already healed frustration from the former dynasty that could not be number one.Them establish dynasty with another strong member of the goal to reach the first position by ave dynasty.
Their only aim is to be number one not choosing methods.To is not good for new members to Yarold.
With time up to lose the entire Yarold and no one gets.

1.MMC UBC And itself ,pray Yarold that reveals about it, what thoughts on such dynasty?
2.MMC UBC gives deadline of 3 days dynasty less than 6 members to receive more than 5 members in dynasty otherwise we will be forced stop alliance with them ..

3. I prayed the other dynasty to say what you think about small dynasty(antidynasty).

Conclusion: dynasty less than 6 members can not have a calculation of average as other real dynasty.

Jeanne 
Gamer God
Unique

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:14 am   

I too am against the system being abused but you can't say that dynasties with less than 5-6 members can't have their average calculated how will a new starting dynasty then ever make it? And sometimes it takes abusing the system to show the decision makers that something is wrong.

There could be separate ranking lists - 1 for small dynasties less than 10-15 members maybe or .....

when you leave a dynasty your average, that you have worked up in that dynasty, drops to zero so when you join a dynasty you have to start from scratch - something that would have stopped your dynasty from being where you are today I know - but will also stop the small 1-2-4- man dynasties from just popping up with high aves in a few days.

zvonimir 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:21 am   

I know that you can calculate the average for any number of members but this should be prohibited .. Dynasty with few members should be eligible to compete separately ..

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:22 am   

ok Zvon, I thank you in advance for you alliance. As I am one of the 3 allies (net freaks & happy clickers being the other 2) you have under your new imposed limit of 6 members. Now let me give you the flip side to your argument.

Your happy to support bigger dynasties & not help new dynasties. How is this good to new members of yarolds that want to start a new dynasty? Or are you saying its ok to ally with them till they look like passing your dynasty average?

I am trying to recruit, but greed has become such a huge thing here with bigger dynasties running comps for credits for doing all sorts of things, improve ave, improve care, beat the record etc. Makes it very hard for smaller dynasties to compete when there are big dynasties throwing thousands of credits around every day dont you think?

My dynasty, Eternity, was not set up to be a number 1 dynasty contender. If it becomes one shouldnt that be a credit to the dynasty & its allies?

So yes your subject for this is right, you appear to be antidynasty to anyone that may challenge you for top of the table

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:36 am   

Quote:
when you leave a dynasty your average, that you have worked up in that dynasty, drops to zero so when you join a dynasty you have to start from scratch - something that would have stopped your dynasty from being where you are today I know - but will also stop the small 1-2-4- man dynasties from just popping up with high aves in a few days.

when you left a dynasty you did have your average reset to 0, but that created its own problems back then!

If I remember correctly, UBC started with high average members & only a few members & there average jumped up rather quickly too! Guess whats good for some isnt good for others?

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty
Last edited by DemonicJ on Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total  

MUSHpark 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:36 am   Re: Antidynasty

zvonimir wrote:

Conclusion: dynasty less than 6 members can not have a calculation of average as other real dynasty.

Why 6? Why not 7? Or 5? Or 3? Or 10? Or 20?

I think we all generally agree that it's very easy for a "dynasty" with a very small number of members to reach the top if they get the right set of allies.

But I think we all disagree on what "very small number" means. If that number is bigger than 4, then it's clearly someone angry of the size of the current dynasty at the top of the rankings. Or one rapidly rising through the rankings that will overtake them. Perhaps sour grapes that they are #2?

The current dynasty ranking system is not "antidynasty" it is "antinewbie". I have recently started taking on a lot of newbies, and my dynasty's average has suffered for it. As you imply, the dynasties with small membership making it to the top are doing so without taking on new members. Most of the ones at the top took transfers from other dynasties who already had a high average, or have been around a very long time.

I think the system should be changed to reward both size and the top clickers, and not make a penalty when a dynasty accepts a newcomer who clicks well but has a "1" average because they just joined. The old dynasty system which rewarded bigger dynasty size by fixing the # of allies did that. The new system encourages lots of tiny dynasties and leaves newbies to hunt for a larger dynasty that doesn't compete for the top spot.

But until everyone can agree on what's the right size for a dynasty, we're not going to fix this.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:05 am   

Quote:
But I think we all disagree on what "very small number" means. If that number is bigger than 4, then it's clearly someone angry of the size of the current dynasty at the top of the rankings. Or one rapidly rising through the rankings that will overtake them. Perhaps sour grapes that they are #2?

Yes im sensing its more about the sour grapes than anything else. If the top dynasty had 9 members would "anit dynasties' be those under 10?
:roll:

bailey 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:19 am   

i dont have a problem with dynasties under 6, single member dynasties are wasting there own time but if you were to reach the highest peak of the dynasty average mountain then the strength of that dynasty should be by the numbers it holds, if not then you have achieved what i think is a small victory, an easy victory, i still have no problem in letting them have there time at the top but to stretch themselves a little more by trying to add more members

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:30 am   

bailey wrote:
i dont have a problem with dynasties under 6, single member dynasties are wasting there own time but if you were to reach the highest peak of the dynasty average mountain then the strength of that dynasty should be by the numbers it holds, if not then you have achieved what i think is a small victory, an easy victory, i still have no problem in letting them have there time at the top but to stretch themselves a little more by trying to add more members

So well said Ash. If an under 6 member dynasty can make it to the top, yes it is a very hollow victory. When a larger dynasty can do it then it is a bigger acheivement.

The other point worth making is that some bigger dynasties only take on the under 6's out of greed anyways. Net freaks shows all links during happy hours (thats 40 links) & I know we do as well (thats 20 links). In total thats 60 extra links a day for those in bigger dynasties that can click them. Or put another way thats an extra +6 to personal average to every member that can click them (every 10 dynasty clicks = 1 point on personal average)! Calculate what that might do to your dynasty average if they arent there & the next biggest dynasty keeps the under 6's

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:11 am   Re: Antidynasty

zvonimir wrote:
Certainly gave you see that there are dynasty, which have one or two members.How is it dynasty?I him call name antidynasty. I think that dynasty, which has less than six members should not (could) take part in the overall state of dynasty.Such dynasty will not accept new members already healed frustration from the former dynasty that could not be number one.Them establish dynasty with another strong member of the goal to reach the first position by ave dynasty.
Their only aim is to be number one not choosing methods.To is not good for new members to Yarold.
With time up to lose the entire Yarold and no one gets.

1.MMC UBC And itself ,pray Yarold that reveals about it, what thoughts on such dynasty?
2.MMC UBC gives deadline of 3 days dynasty less than 6 members to receive more than 5 members in dynasty otherwise we will be forced stop alliance with them ..

3. I prayed the other dynasty to say what you think about small dynasty(antidynasty).

Our dynasty has had four members for months, and we have worked our way to being the "First to 500!" meaning the first Dynasty willing to work hard enough to attain a 500 average. We added a great clicker who has helped us, but another super one has left. We are actively recruiting more members, as we have been all along. Some people respect that we show more active links daily than some dynasties four or five times our size. Most have congratulated us graciously as our average surpassed theirs. Personally I am proud of our achievements, but then I know the thousands of hours of work!

turdkey
[Deleted]

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:57 am   

This thread shows how well the changes worked! Now we no longer have 5 super dynasties we have newer smaller ones popping up all the time. I am still waiting to see if a single member dynasty ever reaches the top though.

Let's all be happy we have somewhere to click in the first place!

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:18 am   

Of course a single member dynasty will reach the top :!:
If i make a dynasty now, and take no members, but have enough allies than i can reach the top, look to Eternity they are now 5, tomorrow 4 (than i am 5 grin) and in a week they are 1, maybe 2 weeks.

engelina 
Gamer God

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:20 am   

okay, my opinion to this: (( its mine, not my dynasty's, beware of that))

all dynasty's start small. most grow beyond that sooner or later. some stay small, but are good allies to have.

As i see it,t here are two kids of smaller dynasty's. the ones that have members that are willing to click, and thus also make good allies, since they have links to click, and the ones that simply do nothing.

i have some small dynasty's as allies. i have seen some of those small dynasty's grow to the bigger ones they are now. i think we all should remember that what now is a 2 man dynasty, might be a bigger one later. the only cap i put on accepting allies is that i don't want to get too close to the 400 limit, and that the new ally is not negative a lot.

the only idea i would like to see is more then one ranking table. we currently have the one we all know. i am not talking about removing that one, but adding a few, or at least two: a top average page for bigger dynasty's and one for the smaller. and maybe a few that are based on other factors then average.

No rules, although for our allies i ask to please show a link in dynasty.

Roman 
Gamer God

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:46 am   

I think thats its not a good idea to say that Dynasties with a certain amount of Members can not participate in the ranking system.

But perhaps there would be a way to make a new ranking system?

The Points get calculated by the Average of all members and the amount of members. I just calculated that all Dynasties that exist on Yarolds have an average of 12 mmebers. So perhaps its possible to give a positive Bonus to Dynasties with more members and a negative Bonus to Dynasties with less members.

So both counts. Amount of memebrs and Average of all members.

P.s.
That would mix it up a bit more. For me personally RMV is still Number 1 in the ranking system. Many members + great average!

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:25 pm   

Originally dynasty were ranked on members count, but that was changed a while ago.

You can still sort the dynasty page on members , total clicks , name.

What could be possible is adding a new ranking, that calculates total clicks done by all members in day.

In other words, it would be the sum of all members average or dynasty avg * total members.
It's all the same.

This would reflect the most active dynasty more based on the amount of members they have.

This calculation has no bad effect when accepting new members with low average. Infact even a new member with 1 avg, will still add 1 to the total.

this is just an idea.

zvonimir 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:29 pm   

DemonicJ wrote:

If I remember correctly, UBC started with high average members & only a few members & there average jumped up rather quickly too! Guess whats good for some isnt good for others?

I am not talking about the average members but average dynasty.
MMC UBC launched dynasty of 10 members and this number increase over time.

I do not want to break Ally easily, but I want to Ally that all dynasty develop normally.
Two members can drive two-seater kayak and not be a dynasty.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:35 pm   

Mate, I hate to break it to you but 1 person can be a dynasty here.

I chose to start a dynasty & am recruiting by advertising in this forum only. It wasnt started by mailing members & getting them to improve their averages in another dynasties before moving to the newly created dynasty. Yes your dynasty has grown, might have something to do with a rapidly increasing average? Im sure as my average increases so will the members in my dynasty (or maybe I can mail members in other dynasties to join me when they have a big average?). :roll:

My point being, your dynasty was a planned thing from the beginning, mine isnt & will grow as its noticed by others they arent in dynasties or or unhappy in whatever dynasty they maybe in. we all started from an idea.

zvonimir 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:59 pm   

Metalteo wrote:
Originally dynasty were ranked on members count, but that was changed a while ago.

You can still sort the dynasty page on members , total clicks , name.

What could be possible is adding a new ranking, that calculates total clicks done by all members in day.

In other words, it would be the sum of all members average or dynasty avg * total members.
It's all the same.

This would reflect the most active dynasty more based on the amount of members they have.

This calculation has no bad effect when accepting new members with low average. Infact even a new member with 1 avg, will still add 1 to the total.

this is just an idea.

Existing calculation by state dynasty is good I do not have anything against him.
I am against small dynasty (1-5 members). I think that such a dynasty not be put along with higher dynasty (20 members or more). Dynasty to 5 members would not be at on this table ,Or 10 in future.Not only one or two members.

I suggest This calculation for the state dynastyes; ave dynasty +number of members dynasty = total ave dynasty
Last edited by zvonimir on Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total  

DaBabes City 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:20 pm   

bailey wrote:

Thank you, Bailey, that is exactly what we have done. We have worked our way to the top, then added another member who is a credit to us. Sadly, our long time kampaku reached the goals he had set for himself and left or we'd still be five, and we are actively seeking more members. When another applies whose work ethic agrees with ours we will take them on, our average will drop, then we will work our way back up to the top.
Our allies will get a credit for each click as long as I am Emperor, and we encourage each of our members to show ten links at Happy Hour or some other time each day. Some may critique our Dynasty size, but our work ethic has been unimpeachable.

zvonimir 
MMC UBC mod

Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:37 pm   

DaBabes City wrote:

Thank you, Bailey, that is exactly what we have done. We have worked our way to the top, then added another member who is a credit to us. Sadly, our long time kampaku reached the goals he had set for himself and left or we'd still be five, and we are actively seeking more members. When another applies whose work ethic agrees with ours we will take them on, our average will drop, then we will work our way back up to the top.
Our allies will get a credit for each click as long as I am Emperor, and we encourage each of our members to show ten links at Happy Hour or some other time each day. Some may critique our Dynasty size, but our work ethic has been unimpeachable.

I am amazed your work and have nothing against .Your work is really great..I you sympathy from the beginning but I'm sorry that your dynasty is not growing.

Reply to topic