SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Add number of links & add notes as to why someone is kic
City of MT 
Gamer God

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:52 am   Add number of links & add notes as to why someone is kic

1. Add a number on the top of the page to show how many links there are to click on each page main/history/dynasty, such as the page title -> links you can click(23),
or add a number to main/history/dynasty, such as main(23)/history(54)/dynasty(37), just like mail(2). It makes it much easier to know how many times I have to click/snaplink for one page, and I can adjust accordingly. I cannot click the whole page without it displaying one of the frames has not loaded message. Slow computer can click maybe 20-30 links at a time after fresh browser restart(cookies/cache/history).

2. Maybe also add number after chat, such as chat(3). It allows other people to answer questions in chat without waiting hours for an answer.

3. Add something after quiz to indicate it has been taken, such as quiz(new)/quiz(taken).

4. Add something after transfers to indicate someone has given you credits, such as transfers(1).

5. Add note ability for emp/k/s on dynasty changelog to write and explain why someone was kicked from the dynasty. It saves the trouble of the kicker of having to message back and forth.

6. Also, can you put back the column title clicks received on main? The column titles now are credits, name, and links, but it used to be credits, total clicks received, name, and links. I am asking this because the information shown still has the column of total clicks received but it has no title.

7. In the forum, change a post's view from total views to unique views by IP/user.

Win 500 Credits from contests and games!
Last edited by City of MT on Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total  

Darrel 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:49 am   

Although my computer is not very slow, I cannot make more than 10 links at a time, without some "not responding".

I support your idea :!:

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:14 am   Re: Add number of links & add notes as to why someone is

City of MT wrote:
1. Add a number on the top of the page to show how many links there are to click on each page main/history/dynasty, such as the page title -> links you can click(23),
or add a number to main/history/dynasty, such as main(23)/history(54)/dynasty(37), just like mail(2). It makes it much easier to know how many times I have to click/snaplink for one page, and I can adjust accordingly. I cannot click the whole page without it displaying one of the frames has not loaded message. Slow computer can click maybe 20-30 links at a time after fresh browser restart(cookies/cache/history).

2. Maybe also add number after chat, such as chat(3). It allows other people to answer questions in chat without waiting hours for an answer.

3. Add something after quiz to indicate it has been taken, such as quiz(new)/quiz(taken).

4. Add something after transfers to indicate someone has given you credits, such as transfers(1).

5. Add note ability for emp/k/s on dynasty changelog to write and explain why someone was kicked from the dynasty. It saves the trouble of the kicker of having to message back and forth.

6. Also, can you put back the column title clicks received on main? The column titles now are credits, name, and links, but it used to be credits, total clicks received, name, and links. I am asking this because the information shown still has the column of total clicks received but it has no title.

7. In the forum, change a post's view from total views to unique views by IP/user.

Ask Mr Yarolds to do your clicks also, so you have nothing more to do by yourself :razz:

Austin3600 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:26 am   

I have an older computer running an old AMD single-core processor.. I use firefox and flashblock (So that there are no lag problems) and I can open 100 tabs at a time, with minimal trouble...

rikiki 
Gamer God

Helped: 3 times
Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:49 am   Re: Add number of links & add notes as to why someone is

City of MT wrote:

Quiz updates once every day only. There is little need for this.
But maybe it's good as a reminder.

ThePriest 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:19 pm   

I like suggestions 4. and 5.

i also have a suggestion of my own, but i do not know if it is possible. Maybe add an option "show jpg/gif" in the Profile menu with possibilities to change it to yes or no. People add new jpegs or gifs all the time, they are not heavy on the computer much, but they are too shiny, and it is not very convenient to add new pictures to adblockplus all the time. And you can't really set a general filter like *.gif because the hosting sites are always different.

los-gangstas 
Gamer Deity

Helped: 3 times
Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:42 pm   

Options 4 and 5 will be cool. Also the option ThePriest suggested is needed by me. Currently I struggle with adblock and it is very time consuming.

Ehryn 
Gamer God

Posted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:24 pm   

I also think suggestions 4 & 5 would be beneficial - and I also would like some way to block images in Short Notes. When I have potentially hundreds of links to load, it does make a significant difference to the load time if I refresh the dynasty page at the same time because of all the images. While some of them are cute, I find them a little annoying, sorry :(

rhicat 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:27 am   

Yes, please could you block the animated icons in short notes? The blinking and scrolling text is bad enough.

Pimousse 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:47 am   

Firefox users, to block binking text, type about:config in Firefox's address bar, press the "I'll be careful, I promise!" button, and then in the Filter field, enter browser.blink_allowed. Change the value to false.

:grin:

rhicat 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:59 am   

Pimousse, one thousand thank yous!!!!

Ehryn 
Gamer God

Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:06 pm   

Ooh cool - thanks Pimousse! ^_^ I just hope I remember that's on and how to take it off if I need to XD lol

Is there an option for images? ^^;

Pimousse 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:21 am   

Ehryn wrote:
Ooh cool - thanks Pimousse! ^_^ I just hope I remember that's on and how to take it off if I need to XD lol

Is there an option for images? ^^;

:grin:

Yes, pressing ‘ESC’ key will pause animated GIF’s on a page (in Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Or for Firefox :

Type about:config in the address bar, in the filter field type image.animation_mode
Double-click on image.animation_mode
Type :
none : no image animation
once : image animate only once
normal (default) : allow animated gif

You can also block images with adblock

Ehryn 
Gamer God

Posted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:27 am   

Ah, thanks ^_^

Reply to topic