SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Happy Hour Lottery
ThePriest 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:42 pm   Happy Hour Lottery

Contest starts from Monday's Happy Hour (28/29th July) and ends with Friday's Happy Hour (1st/2nd August). Here is what you need to do in order to participate in the lottery :

1) Between 00:00 and 01:00 server time, share at least 2 happy hour links, and make sure they stay on for at least 15 minutes, so that everyone who is online can click on it
2) One of my happy hour links leads to happyhour.myminicity.com. Just drop a quick comment there, using the nickname which you are with in Yarold's site. Then I will cross-reference in the Click History the number of clicks I did on you.

And that's it. The style of the lottery is the old school "names on pieces of paper in jar". And since some users share a lot more than 2 happy hour links, this means that their names will appear more often in the jar, meaning, a better chance to win the lottery. I made this simple... mmm... i would like to call chart :P

For non-VIPs :

2 links = Your name appears once
5 links = Your name appears three times
10 links = Your name appears seven times

For VIPs :
4 links = Your name appears once
10 links = Your name appears three times
20 links = Your name appears seven times

Sorry for being so harsh on VIPs, but they already share A LOT of happy hour links, and I like to give daimyos and normal peasants a chance too. If you share a number of links somewhere in between those, it will be calculated like that. For example, if you are not vip and you share 4 links, this means 2+2 links, meaninig your name will appear twice. If you share 7 links, it will be 5+2 links, meaning your name will appear four times. Maybe its not the perfect system, but thats the best I could come up with. If you find any gaps in the system, or any way you could cheat, you can kindly let me know with a short mail :D

Oh, and yeah. Reward is 600 Credits per day. 400 of them go for the first name I pick, 100 to 2nd name, and 100 more for the 3rd name. This way we will have more winners, and hence your chances improve. The winners will be picked up in the morning around 11. I hope that in the future more people will support it, add to the credit pot, and maybe continue this contest. And you shouldn't forget that the dynasty will profit a lot from those extra links.

* Contest is only for MMC Mob members

*** And special thanks go to ppj2005 for helping me with the rules and the making of the topic :)

P.S. PPJ threw in extra 1000 credits for the cause. This means that reward is increased with 200 per day, totalling 600 together! Read the part above about the distribution of the credits! Thanks a lot ppj.

Sponsors : ppj (1000 credits), D_J (1000 credits, will be transfered at the end of week to people who tried their best, but still didn't have enough luck to win)

[ Added: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:55 am ]
So first day from the lottery is over. It didn't went as I expected, but I guess I had too much expectations from the first contest I made. Shaz was the only peasant who shared extra links, thank you for that! Here are the people who will be in the morning lottery:

shaz - 2 extra links = 1 ticket
[V]Greasbrough - 13 links = 4 tickets
[V]stompi - 14 links = 4 tickets
[V]bansho - 6 links = 2 tickets?
[V]Cheryl - 12 links = 3 tickets :(
seelie - 2 links = 1 ticket
[V]Remulus - 4 links = 1 ticket
jeanne - 2 links = 1 ticket
[V]Offsabu - 4 links = 1 ticket
[V]Lika - 6 links = 2 tickets
[V]shumadja - 4 links = 1 ticket
[V]ppj - 22 links

if I missed someone, or you forgot to drop a msg in the happyhour site, write it down before tomorrow around 10-11 server time. The members written above can't back away from the lottery tomorrow :P . And also visit the topic again to see the new rules for Tuesday evening's Happy Hour
Last edited by ThePriest on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:42 am; edited 3 times in total  

ppj2005 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:36 am   

Just to put in a few that I had during happy hour that you did not:

Remulus had 4 links
jeanne had 2
Offsabu had 4
seelie had 2
Lika had 5

Most of those already listed match my history with some differences in the # of links due to 24h links. Anyone else click someone that did not get credit because they did not leave a message?

One other thing: the max links for most people is 14, so there should not be a 20 link category. I of course forfeit any winnings so do not put my name in the hat. I will award an additional prize at the end of the week. Keep those links out there.

ThePriest 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:56 am   

First of all thanks for participating in the happy hour. And thanks to ppj and D_J for sponsoring the contest additionally with 1000 credits each. Here are all the participants from last night :

shaz - 2 extra links = 1 ticket
[V]Greasbrough - 13 links = 4 tickets
[V]stompi - 14 links = 4 tickets
[V]bansho - 6 links = 2 tickets
[V]Cheryl - 12 links = 3 tickets
seelie - 2 links = 1 ticket
[V]Remulus - 4 links = 1 ticket
jeanne - 2 links = 1 ticket
[V]Lika - 6 links = 2 tickets
[V]shumadja - 4 links = 1 ticket

And the winners aaaaaaaareeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :

1) Offsabu - 400 credits
2) Lika - 100 credits
3) stompi - 100 credits

I don't accept any refunds from the winners. Additionally, 50 credits each go to jeanne and seelie, being the only NON-VIPs who gave happy hour links. Keep on doing this guys!

New rules for Tuesday evening's Happy Hour! First price 500, second and third - 150 credits. If you are a NON-VIP peasant/daimyo and you are not picked from the lottery, but you shared extra links, YOU RECEIVE 100 CREDITS ON THE SPOT. In other words, if you share extra links, no matter what, you will win credits! The minimum number of extra links is 2. And to make it easier for me, during the happy hour, when you click the happyhour.myminicity link, drop a short message there.

ppj, thanks for keeping track of the happy hour contestants for me, I appreciate the help. Congratulations to all the winners from last night. If you have any complaints, you can drop them in the complaints department here -

OffSabu 
Gamer

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:29 pm   

Wow. I'm really shocked, I don't normally ever win things like this. Thank you.

I did however transfer half my winnings to ppj. I forgot to put my name in and without him I wouldn't have had the opportunity to win. I think its only fair.

ThePriest 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:36 am   

Congratulations for yesterday, Offsabu!
Here are the new nominees for tomorrow :

jeanne - 6 links = 3 tickets
Lika - 11 links = 3 tickets
Cheryl - 6 links = 1 ticket
Offsabu - 4 links = 1 ticket
bansho - 14 links = 4 tickets
mao_nagra - 4 links = 1 ticket
stompi - 14 links = 4 tickets
epsa - 4 links = 1 ticket
shaz - 4 links = 1 ticket
Greasbrough - 14 links = 4 tickets
shumadja - 4 links = 1 ticket
seelie - 3 links = 1 ticket
ppj - 22 links

Let me know if i counted the links incorrectly or if i missed someone :) good work jeanne, 6 links and you are still a NON-VIP peasant :) lots of links from the shoguns/vips. some new participants since yesterday. Good luck to everyone for the lottery in a few hours :)
Last edited by ThePriest on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total  

ppj2005 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:41 am   

Since looking back at my history I see the links I clicked for seelie are no longer available, I would guess they are not the regular links.

I just wanted to throw out my own thank you to everyone participating... it makes happy hour a lot more interesting. You do not have to keep your links out for a whole hour, but long enough for the people to click and for you to get credit for participating. Try to keep them out for 5 minutes and if you are not a VIP do not forget to erase those links from your profile when you are done so they cannot be clicked in history.

ThePriest 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:35 am   

And today's winners aaaaaareeeeeeeeeeeeee:

1) Greasbrough - 500 credits
2) stompi (again :P ) - 150 credits
3) bansho - 150 credits

Small bonuses go to jeanne (100 credits) , shaz (50 credits) and epsa (50 credits)
Congratulations to the winners, and good luck to the other contestants for tonight :) prizes remain the same, and peasant/daimyo bonuses too (thanks to D_J and ppj) . And congratulations for +3 dynasty average since yesterday :) good job, everyone

if you have any complaints, you know where to send them :P

P.S. Can someone drop a short message, so that i can create a new message tonight, and not edit the last one :)

EPSA 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:10 am   

Hello, thanks for the bonus. I will try to do it better this night and help the dynasty. And my care is growing up fast :D .

See you and good work with our happy our to everyone.

Greasbrough 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:02 am   

Thanks for the credits :grin:
I have been travelling for the last few days and connected via my mobile. Not as slow as I thought :lol:
Back to normal ISP
r
greasbrough

Shaz 
n00b

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:43 am   

Thanks for the credits.
Looks like we'll be back to no.1 before long

bansho 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:50 pm   

Thanks for the credits but I participate in the happy hours because of the community and not the credits. :wink:
I'll retransfer these back to you so you could use them to help someone who needs them more than I do. :idea:

Best regards :smile:

ThePriest 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:23 am   

Quickly dropping the list for the morning lottery, cause i gotta run for night shift

ilux - 3 links = 1 ticket
shaz - 4 links = 1 ticket
[V]Cheryl - 6 links = 1 ticket
[V]bansho - 14 links = 4 tickets
[V]stompi - 4 links = 1 ticket
[V]Lika - 14 links = 4 tickets
[V]epsa - 4 links = 1 ticket
[V]shumadija - 4 links = 1 ticket
jeanne - 6 links!!! = 3 tickets
[V]ppj - 22 links :)
[V]bailey - 12 links = 3 tickets
[V]asteff - 2 links = 1 ticket

Again , if i missed someone, mail me before 10-11 server time. if i miscalculated ur links mail me too.
also, if someone stays for the morning happy hour between 6-7 (like Chardonnay), write their nicknames and links down here and i will add them to the lottery.

P.S. asteff wasnt VIP yesterday, so he is included in the lottery today

I couldn't make mister Bunneh choose the winners, he didn't seem much interested in it, he just gave the contestants a few sniffs and that was it. it wasnt meant for him to be my lovely assistant i guess...

so, the winners aaaaaaareeeeeeeeeeee :

1) epsa - 500 credits
2) shumadija - 150 credits
3) jeanne - 150 credits

First time a Non-VIP wins from the lottery. Congratulations to the winners. 100 credits transfered to ilux, shaz and asteff. (sponsor : bansho :) )

NEW RULES JUST FOR TONIGHT'S HAPPY HOUR! If at least 5 peasants share at least 2 happy hour links each, the first prize will go to one of them! sorry VIPs :P

[ Added: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:44 am ]
And once again, congratulations for another +3 dynasty average since yesterday! :)
Last edited by ThePriest on Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total  

EPSA 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:00 am   

Thanks to all for the prize and specially for ThePriest but for now I have a good bag of credits so I want to distribut it to the people of the dinaysty who have negative points. I think that this will help to grow up the average of MMC Mob.

See you in next lottery

ThePriest 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:10 am   

Hey guys, sorry that i couldnt be a part of the happy hour tonight. small problems with the internet, so i just managed to connect through a friend of mine's laptop for 2-3 minutes, and clicked the links just in case, eventhough i warned ppj in advance about the problems tonite.

so here is the list as i see it, tell me if someone's links are not happy hour links, or add if there are more links comming later. i checked the links only between 0:36 and 0:38! so do not hesitate to inform me about other contestants :)

[V]ppj - 19 links
[V]shumadija - 5 links = 1 ticket
[V]Greasbrough - 12 links - 3 tickets
[V]epsa - 4 links = 1 ticket
[V]stompi - 4 links = 1 ticket
[V]cheryl - 5 links = 1 ticket
[V]bansho - 13 links = 4 tickets
[V]Lika - 13 links = 4 tickets
Akusoft - 2 links = 1 ticket
jeanne - 6 links = 3 ticket
[V]Kristiina1 - 6 links = 2 tickets
[V]mao_nagra - 4 links (from both happy hours) = 1 ticket
seelie - 6 links (but i forgot to put him in for yesterday evening, so here he is now with double links) = 3 tickets

(ilux wrote in the minicity but i dont have any links from her, ppj too, so sry buddy, u r not in the lottery for tonite :S )
Last edited by ThePriest on Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:09 am; edited 4 times in total  

ppj2005 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:15 pm   

1st hour
epsa 4
cheryl 5
bansho 13
Offsabu 4
lika 13
mao_nagra 2
asteff 2
akusoft 2

2nd hour
mao_nagra 2
Kristiina1 had at least 5 links

Those are the numbers I had. Asteff's links are his regular links I think that refresh at midnight. Technically I show 2 or 3 links all the time, so the extras for happy hour are 19.

I did not click from 0:28 to 0:42 so that would explain why you got some I did not.

ThePriest 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:57 pm   

ppj, thank you for keeping track of them for me, i hope we didnt leave anyone out. thanks to all the contestants, and congrats for the +5 dynasty average since yesterday... and lets cut to the point :D

AND THE WINNERS AAAAAAAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:

1) Kristiina1 - 500 credits
2) Greasbrough - 150 credits
3) seelie - 150 credits

Congratulations to the winners. Only 4 non-vips participated, so the first price went to VIP again :) 100 credits sent to Akusoft, jeanne, and 50 to mao_nagra and epsa. Sorry for the huge delay, tomorrow same rules for non-vips, but if they are again 4, i will count myself as the 5th person :D

Greasbrough 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:56 pm   

Thanks again :grin:

Kristiina1 
Gamer

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:18 pm   

Thank you so much! :) I can really call this a happy happy hour and some good luck - I almost slept trough the whole happy hour this morning. *embarrassed* :D

ThePriest 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:33 am   

Last day from the Happy Hour Lottery for now, maybe i will start it again in the middle of august, we will see how it goes. here are tonight's happy hour contestants, maybe i didnt see everyone's links because i clicked on them yesterday between 00:37 and 00:39, so those that set the links to 24h i probably missed, but i mailed some of you, so read your mail :P i will be waking up at 6:00 to see the last participants and write them down too.

los-gangstas - 2 links
ppj - 22 links
Cheryl - 12 links
Offsabu - 4 links
bansho - 14 links
jeanne - 6 links
stompi - 10 links
epsa - 4 links
bailey - 13 links (thanks Greasbrough)
ratboy - 3 links (did someone see at least 4?)
mao_nagra - 4 links
Greasbrough - 13 links
Kristiina1 - 4 links
Lika - 13 links
seelie - 4 links (only 1 link during happy hour, but 3 more a lil before that, so they count :) )
shumadja - 6 links

any additions? write them down for tomorrow please :)
Last edited by ThePriest on Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:04 am; edited 3 times in total  

Greasbrough 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:16 am   

Bailey 13

Reply to topic