SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
2 Different Views
ppj2005 
Gamer Legend

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:51 am   2 Different Views

Cheryl and I were just discussing notes on the dynasty page when we discovered that some of our members appear to have a hidden link to one of us, but not to the other. The 2 cases are cortex and kevnaruto. Both of them have links that appear hidden to one person but not to the other. Our care ratings are both well over 25% (I do not know if links appear hidden or not below that number). Is this a bug or can we no longer trust our dynasty page to see if a person has hidden links?

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:09 am   Re: 2 Different Views

ppj2005 wrote:
Cheryl and I were just discussing notes on the dynasty page when we discovered that some of our members appear to have a hidden link to one of us, but not to the other. The 2 cases are cortex and kevnaruto. Both of them have links that appear hidden to one person but not to the other. Our care ratings are both well over 25% (I do not know if links appear hidden or not below that number). Is this a bug or can we no longer trust our dynasty page to see if a person has hidden links?

This is not a bug, clicked links do not show hidden.

ppj2005 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:21 am   Re: 2 Different Views

Metalteo wrote:
ppj2005 wrote:

This is not a bug, clicked links do not show hidden.

I am trying to understand why one dynasty player can see <hidden> for a player on the dynasty page and another will see a <-1>. Or why one player will see <hidden> and another will just see a blank spot as if they already clicked the link.

It used to be that if a player had no links ticked for the dynasty, <hidden> appeared on the dynasty exchange page. Are you telling me.. I am asking this because you do not make it clear... that a player can have one link ticked for the dynasty and still have <hidden> show up on the dynasty page?

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:45 am   

You're making it to complicated for yourself.

Quote:
and another will just see a blank spot as if they already clicked the link.

It's because they did click the link.

ppj2005 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:56 am   

Thanks Metalteo....grrrr

Could you please answer the question in the other post. Is it possible for a player to have a link ticked to show in the dynasty page and for <hidden> to show up on the dynasty exchange page?

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:58 am   

ppj2005 wrote:
Thanks Metalteo....grrrr

Could you please answer the question in the other post. Is it possible for a player to have a link ticked to show in the dynasty page and for <hidden> to show up on the dynasty exchange page?

When CARE is <25%, links that require actions will be hidden.

ppj2005 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:07 am   

[quote="Metalteo"]
ppj2005 wrote:
Thanks Metalteo....grrrr

When CARE is <25%, links that require actions will be hidden.

That is good to know. But in this case both people had care ratios above 25%. But I was seeing cortex as <-1> on the dynasty exchange page, and Cheryl was seeing him as <-1><hidden>. In kevnaruto's case I was seeing <hidden> and Cheryl was seeing a blank spot. I know the blank spot means she clicked the link.

In the first case for cortex.... <-1><hidden> means he has 2 links? One hidden to the dynasty one not? I did not see the <hidden> because I had already clicked the link on the main page or history?

In the second case for kevnaruto... he had a dynasty link which Cheryl clicked but then hid it later so I see it as <hidden>?

Please help me understand why when we look at the same dynasty exchange page, both have CARE rations over 70%, we get conflicting views. When you say no hidden links you want to be sure the link is actually hidden if you are going to kick based on that.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:05 pm   

<-1><hidden> can be only 1 link, although cortex has 3.
1 is showing on main or history, that can be clicked when user has credits. You have clicked it there.

Quote:
In the second case for kevnaruto... he had a dynasty link which Cheryl clicked but then hid it later so I see it as <hidden>?

Correct

ppj2005 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:57 pm   

Thank you!!!

Rebecca 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:51 am   

I'm sorry, but this simply doesn't make any sense. In my case, I have a member (chemister) who has not been online for hours. His link was hidden in the dynasty, he clicked pretty well today, and I was dissapointed that I was going to have to kick him. After I saw his link on the main page, I clicked on it, was going to warn him in his city, but checked again, and in the dynasty page it was no longer hidden. What am I missing?

phlaim 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:21 am   

Rebecca wrote:
I'm sorry, but this simply doesn't make any sense. In my case, I have a member (chemister) who has not been online for hours. His link was hidden in the dynasty, he clicked pretty well today, and I was dissapointed that I was going to have to kick him. After I saw his link on the main page, I clicked on it, was going to warn him in his city, but checked again, and in the dynasty page it was no longer hidden. What am I missing?

Since you clicked it on the main page, it was set to be shown on main and not dynasty. After you clicked it, the dynasty page see that you have clicked the link somewhere and decides to give you a blank row instead of <hidden>. However I don't know if the click counts as a dynasty click or not.

jennielynn 
Gamer God
Trying My Best

Helped: 4 times
Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:39 am   

phlaim wrote:
Rebecca wrote:

Since you clicked it on the main page, it was set to be shown on main and not dynasty. After you clicked it, the dynasty page see that you have clicked the link somewhere and decides to give you a blank row instead of <hidden>. However I don't know if the click counts as a dynasty click or not.

It will count as a click. Clicking on a dynasty members link, whether it's on the dynasty page, main page, or history page will count as a click no matter what. What is different there is the number of credits you receive and they lose.

Rebecca 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:07 am   

I understand that. Why would it go from hidden to not (in the dynasty) after I clicked on it on the main page? Hidden in the dynasty is supposed to be a hidden dynasty link, which is unacceptable for us.

phlaim 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:55 am   

Rebecca wrote:
I understand that. Why would it go from hidden to not (in the dynasty) after I clicked on it on the main page? Hidden in the dynasty is supposed to be a hidden dynasty link, which is unacceptable for us.

It's still the same link. If it is clicked, it doesn't show up. Sure, I'd like that to change as well.

jennielynn 
Gamer God
Trying My Best

Helped: 4 times
Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:57 am   

Rebecca wrote:

If you have one dynasty link and one non-dynasty link, you'll show hidden if the person hasn't clicked the link in the main listing. This makes it look like you have a hidden link. I wonder if there's a way to change the display so that we can easily tell if you have at least one dynasty link available.

Of course, not being part of your dynasty, I can't say for sure if it's ok. In DCG as long as you have at least one dynasty link you're ok, even if it may look like you have hidden links.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:51 am   

When a link has been clicked it wasn't hidden after all, you can't click an hidden link.

There's been too much confusion from users thinking they never can click an hidden link, when infact they do click the link on another page.

Reply to topic