SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
HIDDEN LINKS
jamiroquai_chic 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:23 pm   HIDDEN LINKS

I cannot believe looking down our list how many hidden links there are.

It's unbelieveable.

Nearly EVERYONE in the Allied DCG alliance is hidden . . . Why?? I have been online most of the day and refreshed Yarold's about 50 times and I cannot budge past 218 . . . I know people have more than this but I haven't sat at my pc all day. . . .

How are we supposed to click 300 or more links never mind the 500+ links I used to click for about 2 weeks solid when I first joined?

I'm certainly here no less than when I first came here... So what has changed?

ppj2005 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:34 pm   

Our allies have changed and it is a transitional time for us. You are not required to do 300 right now. Just click what you can and we know you will. Most of the links in DCG are not hidden. 2 hidden, and 1 with <none>. The negatives have run out of credits but they have a link.

Tsai 
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:53 pm   

I have received the same question from some of our members and it turned out their care was below 25%, so this might also explain for you why you see so many hidden links :wink:

Check your profile for your current care rate and if it is below 25%, try to fill in more Human Awareness Tests to get your rate up and I am quite sure you will not have so many hidden links anymore.

Good luck!

mao_nagra 
Gamer God

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:36 am   

Tsai wrote:
Check your profile for your current care rate and if it is below 25%, try to fill in more Human Awareness Tests to get your rate up and I am quite sure you will not have so many hidden links anymore.

What can I do to improve that??

jennielynn 
Gamer God
Trying My Best

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:41 am   

mao_nagra wrote:
Tsai wrote:

What can I do to improve that??

First make sure that All Links and HAT on your profile is set to Yes.

Second, keep an eye out for Human Awareness Tests (HATs) and make sure to complete them. You just put anything in the box and hit the button (just like it says).

Once your CARE rating (shown on your profile) is over 25%, those links will show again. You'll only get the test once every 250 links or so though, so it's not going to be instant.

ppj2005 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:44 am   

Could we get some confirmation that HAT and CARE is the reason some links appear <hidden>? When they first enacted this the percentage required was higher than 25%, I could not see all links, and the number of <hidden> links did not seem greatly increased.

mao_nagra 
Gamer God

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:45 am   

0/37 0% NOT all links are displayed
it didn't change :(

ppj2005 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:55 am   

did you type something in the box of each Human Awareness Test and click the button?

mao_nagra 
Gamer God

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:01 am   

And were is it ??
I don't see it :(

ppj2005 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:06 am   

Sometimes when you click a link, like one of my links, instead of myminicity you get one of those tests... you have to look and see if it opened. It will say Human Awareness Test. There is a box in the middle to type something into and a button on the right of the box to click after you typed something in.

They appear randomly and I am barely getting any the last couple days.

mao_nagra 
Gamer God

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:14 am   

I usually do that, the yes or other things to do but ...

jennielynn 
Gamer God
Trying My Best

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:21 am   

mao_nagra wrote:
I usually do that, the yes or other things to do but ...

The score ONLY counts on the Human Awareness Tests. Your score won't change if you click Continue on another link. You'll have to wait until you see one. Once you do, I'm sure you'll be able to recognize it, so that you can continue looking for it.

You've opened up 37 of these links and not passed the test (you can't just click the button, you actually have to type something in the box first).

mao_nagra 
Gamer God

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:48 am   

OK I'll look with more attention

jennielynn 
Gamer God
Trying My Best

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:44 am   Re: HIDDEN LINKS

jamiroquai_chic wrote:

It's unbelieveable.

Nearly EVERYONE in the Allied DCG alliance is hidden . . . Why?? I have been online most of the day and refreshed Yarold's about 50 times and I cannot budge past 218 . . . I know people have more than this but I haven't sat at my pc all day. . . .

How are we supposed to click 300 or more links never mind the 500+ links I used to click for about 2 weeks solid when I first joined?

I'd like to ask that you not make rude comments like the ones in your short notes. We currently have 1 hidden link, 1 with no link, and 1 person who's inactive on vacation, so I think that the comment that DCG is the worst ever is a little out of line.

rhicat 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:52 am   Re: HIDDEN LINKS

jennielynn wrote:
jamiroquai_chic wrote:

It's unbelieveable.

I'd like to ask that you not make rude comments like the ones in your short notes. We currently have 1 hidden link, 1 with no link, and 1 person who's inactive on vacation, so I think that the comment that DCG is the worst ever is a little out of line.

Ironic that I'm looking at seven hidden links in MMC Mob right now.

ppj2005 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:46 am   

7 out of 89?... however we have discovered that some people appear to be hidden to one person's dynasty page and not another and are waiting for an answer on that.

Give her some leeway for being frustrated please. You could see my immediate response negating what she said. Thank you.

rhicat 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:54 am   

Trust me, I completely understand the frustration of seeing rows of negative and hidden links and not being able to make what was previously an easily attainable goal. I strongly feel there is no excuse to point accusatory fingers in public like that.

Rikkiki, Jennie, myself and others have worked hard to rebuild DCG into a dynasty worthy of alliance. Her comment left me feeling very hurt and insulted. I apologize for comments I made in retaliation.

Thank you for your quick correction response. I only wish she had been just as quick to take down the offending comment or offer an apology.

I wish you peace and good clicking.

rikiki 
Gamer God

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:04 am   

I'm pretty sure she's not online yet to see this so please give her some time to take down the comment.

Most of the links in my Dynasty require extra clicks so if care factor is what making links hidden it would affect most of the links in my dynasty thus hidden.

Last edited by rikiki on Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total  

shumadija 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:08 am   

My CARE is 30/49 61.22% and I see this in dynasty list:

MMC Mob:
PaperCat <hidden>
nais-liki <hidden>
popmarly <none>
kevnaruto <hidden>
Winner717 <hidden>

DCG:
05thomaslj <none>
sharikak <inactive>
kh wong <-1><hidden>

So, is hidden links apears for low CARE ratio?

purplemkayel 
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:46 am   

I can't see that it's for low care ratio... half hour later and for me it looks like

MMC Mob:
matsku6 <-1><hidden>
PaperCat <hidden>
nais-liki <hidden>
cortex <-1><hidden>
popmarly <none>
Winner717 <hidden>

DCG:
05thomaslj <none>
sharikak <inactive>

I have 100% care

Reply to topic