SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Dynasty Averages when leaving on vacation
Cheryl 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:25 pm   Dynasty Averages when leaving on vacation

We were told to tell our members to leave the dynasty when they go on vacation, it would preserve their dynasty average along with that of the dynasty. We had a shogun go on vacation with an upper 300 average, he came back and he is now a lower 200 dyn average. Why didn't his average stay the same? He left the dynasty as he was told to do. What should we be telling our members? I would appreciate any advice on what our members should do. They work very hard to get that average.

Thank-you

Last edited by Cheryl on Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total  

ppj2005 
Gamer Legend

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:36 pm   

I do not think it freezes their average as I observed the same thing when fbk-city left, but it does protect the dynasty's average. If your member has 3 or more dynasty links and the credits to keep them active while they are on vacation, it might be beneficial to have them stay. In most cases it is better if they leave the dynasty and rejoin when they return.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:28 pm   

Average is being calculated every day of the week/month/year or else it wouldn't be an average/day. Makes sens.
No matter if your in a dynasty or not, your average is being calculated each reset.
You can not trick the site by leaving your dynasty on the days you can't click.

Cheryl 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:02 am   

Metalteo wrote:
Average is being calculated every day of the week/month/year or else it wouldn't be an average/day. Makes sens.
No matter if your in a dynasty or not, your average is being calculated each reset.
You can not trick the site by leaving your dynasty on the days you can't click.

Thank-you for your prompt answer. So, it looks like the major benefit of someone leaving when they are on vacation is for the dynasty. I hope most of the members will understand that, and will still consider leaving when they go on vacation. No longer will we tell them it is for their benefit too. I want to be as honest as we can with our members...or as we say in Just4Fun..our family!

chardonnay 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:36 pm   

Thanks Cheryl and metalteo - I know a few of us advised that the average is preserved by leaving the dynasty. Good to know the truth!

Reply to topic