SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Site slow.
SouthFields 
n00b

Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:00 pm   

It only seems to get worse rather than better! The past few days, usually I could get the clicks done either by trying again at a different time (there were reasonable times of the day, if not truly fast) or by just opening one or two windows at a time while doing something else. Today even that way they time out at least half the time, and I haven't been able to catch a 'faster' spell since early morning (European time) :cry:
The only thing that really works is clicking the non-framed links, but there are so many framed ones that after a while I'm showing only framed ones and 'limit' in Dynasty, and then I have to push, pull and prod a bunch of the framed ones through with a lot of re-loads.

Yarold 
Site Admin

Helped: 12 times
Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:33 am   

red oak wrote:
I don't know how to say it nicely, but frustrations here take the fun out of the games...

Staff is also unhappy.
Still working.

red oak 
Gamer Deity

Helped: 1
Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:23 am   

I'm sure that you do Yarold and we all appreciate your efforts. With the size of your database and your exchange system I fully appreciate the complexity of it all and difficulties you must be facing... We are actually lucky that you're running at all... Thank you...

That said, our frustrations are real and even a beer or two not always helps... ;)

red

Batezou
Gamer Deity

Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:21 pm   

it worked for few days, but now again its almost impossible to click any link which loads in frame.
Te link ( in big frame) loads properly, but in small theres always 'Session Expired'.

Maybe disable of "please wait.../click counted/session expired" frame would be a good solution, at last by the time server works properly.

lurchman 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:28 am   information or status update

Hello Yarold,
I know also how difficult on complex such site, provider, server or whatever changes can be as I am working in IT since almost 20 years. So I keep my fingers crossed for you and trust that you find a solution which brings Yarold Link Exchange back on top of the link exchanges.

Nevertheless it is good to see how many loyal clickers still are staying on this sitey even when it is realy painfull and nervwrecking to click and not realy fun.

I am having one suggestion. As you can see in postings and shorts of dynasty members we are all interested about progress and ongoings of the maintenance and changes. Could you create a general entry inside anouncements area in keep this topic only for ADMINS to enter news about the progress and information when the sites is getting changes and so on? Than everybody would have one single place where he knows to get information about the problem here.

Cheers from lurchman and don't give up !!!!

Join the Real Mini Village Dynasty on Yarold for proud, glory and loyalty. Gain maximum clicks

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Helped: 2 times
Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:21 am   Re: information or status update

lurchman wrote:
Hello Yarold,
I know also how difficult on complex such site, provider, server or whatever changes can be as I am working in IT since almost 20 years. So I keep my fingers crossed for you and trust that you find a solution which brings Yarold Link Exchange back on top of the link exchanges.

Nevertheless it is good to see how many loyal clickers still are staying on this sitey even when it is realy painfull and nervwrecking to click and not realy fun.

I am having one suggestion. As you can see in postings and shorts of dynasty members we are all interested about progress and ongoings of the maintenance and changes. Could you create a general entry inside anouncements area in keep this topic only for ADMINS to enter news about the progress and information when the sites is getting changes and so on? Than everybody would have one single place where he knows to get information about the problem here.

Cheers from lurchman and don't give up !!!!

That seems to me a great idea, and I fully agree with lurchman, apparently we all support yarolds

through-it 
Gamer

Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:39 pm   

Situation about click is worst than ever, i had very good intention keeping hope abput some good fix, nothing changed/fix/improved in last 15 days.

Atm i cant even open 4 link without get session expired, as this click exchange is for fun i see no point continue in this way.

Many ppl said to remove frame and session temporanely at least things will go better, as for myminicity...you should really consider this, because I already give up on yarold and i will not come back at least things will be normal...im sure many will do.

Regards.

stompi 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:04 pm   

Hi

I know that it can´t be easy to manage this site and I really like it.
Thanks for your work on it.

My suggestion:
There are some games, which don´t need a click or a number entered. They just have to be loaded to get the benefit in the game. Please remove the wait-frame for these games.

myminicity: working.
minicity: would work without an frame, too. I have also a city there (also called partyhaus) and know therefore, that it is enough to load the site. Now the minicities get the benefit, but the visitors doesn´t get the credits.
worldbattleground and ganstatime: I don´t know exactly, but seems to me, that they work also with just opening. Would be nice to hear that from a player.

And even the games, that needs a number entered: make them without frame, till all is working again. The honest people will enter it, the others will not make it. But with frame noone will even open the site.

If you don´t want to remove the frame, you could remove the "limit" for this time, as we could click all the working myminicities then.

I fear, that you will loose many members, if this is not changed fast, as there are also other sites for myminicity and the other games are not clicked cause of the connection expired-problem :(

Yarold 
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:24 am   

succesfully disabled frames

as for other news there will be another server move in next week (propably on 4th or 5th).

red oak 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:13 am   

Hurray!!!! Just noticed it and I'm so very happy to see good news here!!!

Thanks & I'm sure that every single player will be keeping fingers crossed for a successful move next week!

You rock!

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:55 am   

My yarold is realy fast now and i dont see annymore''wait till your link is counted"" ??

MaMegakiller
Gamer

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:01 am   

Thanks Yarold
Much better now
Keep up the good work

Greetings
Lady_of_Darkness

bailey 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:26 am   

so more people could perhaps support the site

and also, perhaps we could come up with a way for the ones that do support the site, donate, member etc, to be looked after better

dont get me wrong, i am happy but we deserve better than the ones that dont donate, nothing against them either

Yarold 
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:53 am   

Looks better now, hope its enough for everyone.

red oak 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:11 pm   

Thank you Yarold, you need to be congratulated on a successful fast move! Everything seems to be working now at a good speed!

lurchman 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:45 pm   well done

Excellent job guys, nice speed, happy clicking again and starting to climb up the rank ladder again.

WELL DONE YAROLD !!!!!

Thank you

Cheers
lurchman :mrgreen:

Join the Real Mini Village Dynasty on Yarold for proud, glory and loyalty. Gain maximum clicks

mageDSA 
Gamer

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:27 pm   

Big Thx for the new Speed Yarold Team /deepbow

:cool:

stompi 
Gamer Deity

Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:25 pm   

Works fine the last days, thank you :)

Roman 
Gamer God