SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Happy "Hour" extra links
CrazyClicker41 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:09 pm   

Metalteo wrote:
Maybe it's time to get rite of the whole avg ranking system for dynasties and replace it with another ranking system.

In my opion it doesn't mean anything anymore, with happy hours and the transfering to lazy clickers that are awarded for not clicking and do recieve a lot of free clicks.

Just my 2 cents.

yeaah thats a great idea metalteo :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

some people do'nt show during happy hour because they do'nt know what happy hour mean,or they dont have enough credits

desert-king
n00b

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:59 pm   

Well, I probably do that, clicking on every link that is showing during "happy hour", while having myself only 1 link clickable... and why shouldn't I. I mean, when I am online, I click every link I see, just to build up credits so other people can click my link. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that was the whole idea of this site.
Apparently, some people decided that this site should have a whole new purpose, like boosting your avg without gaining any credits (like with donating 1 credit to someone without any credits, and then clicking his link, or whith this happyhour stuff), I mean, i they want to play it that way, good for them, I don't mind, but don't go stabbing the ones that use this site for what it is made. You can't expect people to do nothing for half an hour, just because a few people decide this should be happy hour.
I can understand they want to get rid of it, it probably consumes a lot of credits, so maybe they 'd better get rid of it. Let's just use this site for clicking links that actually mean something, not just for empty clicking.

Good idea by the way to change the whole ranking system, though I can't think of a good system right now. But maybe it'll come to me

Wolverines
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:44 am   

i dont think anything need changed with the site....just happy hour....if it isnt someone complaining about fake clicks it is someone complaining about people not showing link for happy hour...like i said before this is a link exchange if you were gaining clicks for your games by post those links nothing would be said...i think it is pretty sad when people post others name in there profile saying u need to post links and stop stealing or whatever...that should stop

Ferrari 
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:25 am   

Last edited by Ferrari on Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total  

Aiki 
n00b

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:00 am   

Well, we could try to make Happy Hour more known to "new" players. I for myself know that I lose more credits nowadays when clicking Happy Hour than I gain credits. :cry: But who am I to complain, I can be there for Happy Hour at most 4 times a week. And then I show all 4 links. And when we are educating the newer members we could also tell them to show in dynasty rather than on the main screen. But that's another topic. _o_ Aiki

mrpoey 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:40 am   

There needs to be an option like this:

Share your link with this user? and a check box next to it, so for happy hour... you can select only the people who have links shown who you want to share them with( a check box for each link ) this way, happy hour participants can have their own little loop and have no "leechers" This may be unrealistic as happy hour is not really part of the site, just something people do, but it is a solution.

And yeah, i'l be back soon ;)

[ Added: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:51 am ]
As for the problem with all the lazy people in -1, Dynasties need a unique credit system.

Each dynasty needs a credit bank. when you click a link from your allies, the credit comes out of their credit bank, and your dynasty bank gains a credit. You dont lose or gain anything from clicking within your dynasty. you would still have your own credits(from clicking the main page) but these are seperate from the dynasty bank. however you can deposite these into your bank/award them to members. even give your allies in need some. if someone isn't clicking and is leeching off your bank showing 2-3 links, simply kick them.

This means your dynasty never has members who are in -1
Let's see some feedback :D

[ Added: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:08 pm ]
Rankings need changed too, Like this.

Peasant: Can only show 1 link
Daimyo: 2 links
a new rank:3 links
Shogun: 4 links
this way the active clickers in dynastys are allowed to show more links, and the peasants cant show 4 links and swallow up the dymastys credit bank.

bella
Gamers Alliance mod

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:23 pm   

Some good suggestions.
Thanks all.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:23 am   

mrpoey wrote:

[ Added: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:51 am ]
As for the problem with all the lazy people in -1, Dynasties need a unique credit system.

I have guys in my Dynasty doing 200 Dynasty Clicks a day that are -1. Wouldnt consider them lazy! They do however show their links at all times.

I like the idea of a credit bank. Maybe a percentage of dynasty clicks get used to get the -1 a bit of a hand?

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

bella
Gamers Alliance mod

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:00 pm   

I wouldn't say they were lazy, but it does seem dodgy to me to have out 4 links when only one click per IP actually counts.

Of course people can show however many links they choose, but do you think they are perhaps a little confused?

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:53 pm   

Most of them are new to the game & to yarolds. Im doing my best to guide them. its not in their best interest to show 4 of the same link as you said Bella, one click per IP/day counts so they arent doing themselves any favours

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”

Proudly the Emperor of The MOB. The oldest surviving & most successful large dynasty

mrpoey 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:26 am   

Well I wasn't really pointing fingers, I just recently came back to yarolds from my break and noticed a whole new dynasty of 70 members all MMC links lol, MMC has really developed on this site. ( when i left majority of the -1 were people who joined a dynasty, gathered free clicks got booted and joined the next one)

Yeah some of the dynasty clicks could be given automaticaly to the members in need( or just award them some from your bank when they are low)

The whole dynasty thing needs to have some perks, you may get a few more clicks but maybe building on the whole system, you can get your clicks from the main page the same way.. being active in a dynasty should offer some benefit

I could probly think up quite a few ideas to make the site better my messengers are added here.. if anyone wants to brainstorm with me go ahead and add me :)

Wolverines
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:50 am   

why the need to give people in the negative credits? in turn will make them click less since they getting free credits.....it is not that hard to build up credits

mrpoey 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:33 am   

well , it is , I currently get around 150 received clicks each day . . so that means if i want break even on the day, I have to click that many, not everyone click that much . . may click around 70 or so , so at the end of the day they will be in -1

I know it isnt that hard to build up credits, i built up quite a few myself.. but it takes some work to break even . . every dynasty has members who dont click 150 each day . .

Also, with the dynasty bank, -1 wouldn't exist anymore.

Wildthing 
Gamer God

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:12 pm   

Metalteo wrote:
Maybe it's time to get rite of the whole avg ranking system for dynasties and replace it with another ranking system.

In my opion it doesn't mean anything anymore, with happy hours and the transfering to lazy clickers that are awarded for not clicking and do recieve a lot of free clicks.

Just my 2 cents.

I was talking to someone last night and said this same exact thing not even being aware of this thread as I haven't been home from my trip long.. its spooky if we are thinking the same way *trembles*

BUt that is something I am all for.

As for Dynasties I am all for them, with or without average and links clicked per day being shown and such, I honestly don't see the point. To me a dynasty is a small family and I love all of mine dearly but maybe the averages are killing things.. maybe if we just have each as a seperate group and abolish averages completely will get it back to being just about clicking the links shown and such and make things loads better.

As for happy hour I havent had to use it much but when I do I always switch up to a different link and urge my guys and gals to do the same. There is a solution we just eed to find it.

I am editing this to add.. why not do away with transfers entirely. Let people sink or swim on their own capacity. Do away with averages entirely but keep the dynasties as people love being with a good group of friends make it about clicking then maybe happy hour won't be as competetive or what not I don't know.. just some more suggestions.

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:26 am   

Get rid of transfers, now thats a great idea! It would mean the end of the fast credit transfer to increase ones dyn average & would mean dynasties would have to work harder &/or smarter. If that came in Id say keep the dynasty averages because it would then actually mean something!

BAS 
Gamer

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:28 pm   

well what id like to know is the extar slots in profile there for you to use to get clicks for different games or are they there to bogusly boost your averages?
i also think transferring credits to be able to click someone to boost your average as being silly.

Stray 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:46 am   

DemonicJ wrote:
Get rid of transfers, now thats a great idea! It would mean the end of the fast credit transfer to increase ones dyn average & would mean dynasties would have to work harder &/or smarter. If that came in Id say keep the dynasty averages because it would then actually mean something!

Im not able to transfer 1 credit, the system asks me to atleast transfer 25 creds. Am I the only one getting this?

DemonicJ 
Site Admin
The Mob Emperor

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:55 am   

Stray wrote:
Im not able to transfer 1 credit, the system asks me to atleast transfer 25 creds. Am I the only one getting this?

Everyone gets that now! So noone can do the old send 1 credit & get the click routine! If you want to help someone on -1 you have to give them 25 credits!

Stray 
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:58 am   

DemonicJ wrote:
Stray wrote:

Everyone gets that now! So noone can do the old send 1 credit & get the click routine! If you want to help someone on -1 you have to give them 25 credits!

Ok, I thought I was the only one getting that message. But still some people have insane amount of dyns clicks per day.... lol

stulax18
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:10 am   

i like the idea of a dynasty credit bank, that way dynastys are working together as a team to help each other get links clicked. it seems like it would be fun to be able to help out other members easily, just by clicking.

Reply to topic