SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Pop-Ups
stulax18
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:35 pm   Pop-Ups

i dont know if it is from this site or not, but i keep getting pop ups that interfere with my windows i have open and seem to slow down firefox. does anyone know a good pop up blocker i can get under extensions, or something that might help? it may just be from certain links i click, but i always the message a pop up has been blocked, but one still pops up. thanks for any help.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Helped: 14 times
Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:11 pm   

get addblock plus. It's a firefox extention.

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1865/

stulax18
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:16 am   

i have that, it's very useful. but i seem to get popups from oilfight, and then other popups will appear now.

Perdyfly
Gamer Legend

Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:28 pm   

I have adblock too and it doesn't stop the oilfight popups/popunders...and some (on rare occations) really interfere with my PC....their telus one is totally pissing me off because i can't fill in the capcha or do anything else until i agree to whatever they want me to agree to. I never agree of course, and am left only with the option of closing the tab :( ...and they have a few other nasty pop-ups...but most are harmless.

maybe another blocker? try a few...vamp posted one he uses and said it works...i dunno as I never tried it but search vamp posts back a couple weeks ago :)

stulax18
Hardcore Gamer

Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:17 pm   

NoScript is amazing, u can enter the code on oilfight and hit enter and it goes through, firefox is about twice as fast, and i dont lag at all even when opening links in tabs, u just have to set it to allow certain scripts as u go to sites, and its easy, i thought it would be too hard, but its not at all. i recommend this to anyone and everyone. :D

Perdyfly
Gamer Legend

Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:29 pm   

Thanx for that advice :)

I think i will try to set that up on my lappy :) Hopefully that will work :)

Reply to topic