SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
Banned Accounts! (Admin .. Please Read)
TBH
n00b

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:11 pm   Banned Accounts! (Admin .. Please Read)

Firstly, i would like to apologise for creating 3 accounts. 2 was banned and 1 was unused.

1st Account: Teo Bai Hao
2nd Account: keroh
3rd Account: TBH82

I am new to yarold Link Exchanges (about a few days - 1 week old).

When i was registering for my first account, the TextField "Name" was there.. and i thought it was asking for my name so i entered my real FULL name! I did not know the "Name" will be the DISPLAYED name on the yarold site. I bet no one will like to have their FULL name displayed for thousands to see.

After realising it, i went to search for options to change the "Name" but i could not find it. So i thought might as well create a new account .

Upon creating the new account, i realised the link that i had with my 1st account was saved in the database.. So i logged into my 1st account and deleted the one and only link away. And insert the link into my 2nd account.

After all these, both of my accounts were banned. I tried to find the administrator's email address(es) and again i could not find it.

I came to this forum. I tried to log in using my yarold user id/password but got an error message "inactive user", which i thought it was due to the banning. So i created a 3rd account, and tried to log into this forum again. Only then, i realised this forum and yarold site shared two different user database. Since then i could not dare to touch on the third account.

Well.. if you, the administrator, has any doubts on this story.... i will give up. But please do let me know how can i get my accounts deleted & unbanned. I have used up all my email addresses - my personal email (yahoo), company email and finally Hotmail (MSN Messager).

I have some suggestions for you:

1) To prevent my case from happening again, please change the "Name" to "User Id" or "User Name". Well... maybe I am careless enough on this.

2) Have a support email address available on the site. I was pretty helpless when i had my accounts banned. I thought the forum would be my last way... Well it was the only way out.

I know that the site is doing all these to prevent multi-accounts or scams. I appreciate the efforts, especially the effectiveness in banning accounts. :?

That's all for now.
Thank you for your time.

Metalteo 
Site Admin

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:29 pm   

unbanned account keroh

TBH
n00b

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:41 pm   

Thank you for your understanding. Please delete my other two accounts as i am not using them anymore --> to free up diskspace.

Afterall, i am not that unlucky today.

Regards

jeremy02
Gamer God

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:31 pm   

You can find all of Yarolds contacts by clicking the /me/ link on the main page.

This is why Administrators need to send personalized emails to who they ban, as well as post a message in the forum, I have heard of too many innocent people getting banned from here.

Aim address updated.
Last edited by jeremy02 on Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total  

SUBMITORDIE
n00b

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:28 am   

Please lift my ban as well. All I wanted to do was get another account. Where was the deletion of account option? What was the change of username name option? The only act I was guilty of doing was one I did not commit. I wanted to delete my old account, but I could not. Why not? Because you cannot do such a thing in Yarold's. Please allow us to delete or change our own registered names. It will make life a lot easier for us. :wink:

In addition, I would like to request that my ban be lifted and that my credits (~710) be restored. Thank you.

TranceZ64
Gamer God

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:14 pm   

This was an old topic. Do not revive dead threads, just make new ones.

I can gaurentie your won't get ALL 710 credits back, probley not even 1. And if you want your username changed, speak to an Admin in the Chat or by PM.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.