SWLE Forum Index
FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  Album  Download

Previous topic :: Next topic
I'm getting viruses from the site!
Kappmaster15
n00b

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:11 am   I'm getting viruses from the site!

Hi, this is my first post on the forum. I came here because I need help. I keep getting a virus from one of the links on the exchange site. I don't know which it is, I can't tell... The virus is:
Trojan horse Downloader.Agent.7.AY
I have 8 copies of it in my virus vault, and I've only been using Yarold's for a few days. Please help and do something about it. I'm running out of space in my vault... :(
P.S. I hope that I put in this in the right spot of the forum, I'm not entirely sure though.

Globe
n00b

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:33 pm   

You should let us know what link causes this and you cant get a trojan horse from the server itself since you dont download anything. You can only receive spywares, nothing else :roll:

Kappmaster15
n00b

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:59 pm   

Like I said, I'm not sure which link it's from. I'm not downloading anything even though things keep popping up and asking me to download them. I always have several different links open at once, and I can't figure out where this is coming from. I already don't click on the links for sites that I don't trust (there's a few of them), but I don't know where this trojan's coming from.

TranceZ64
Gamer God

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:39 pm   

My guess it's from Darkwars, or Outwar. There the most likely to try and pimp around some ad nobody wants to see, so they give you a virus. Just delete them from your vault if your running out of space...

Kappmaster15
n00b

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:01 am   

Yea, I don't trust Dark Wars and don't use it anymore, haven't for a while. There's a couple others that I don't really trust either, so I don't use them. I rarely see Outwar so I doubt it's rfom there. I did just delete them 10 minutes ago, I guess it went alrgith. I'm okay with computers, but not that great, so I don't really know what I'm doing with the viruses. I just hope that I don't get this virus again, it's annoying...

TranceZ64
Gamer God

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:56 pm   

Just don't say yes to ANYTHING, unless your installing Flash player from Macromedia.

And Get Firefox - http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Bismark
n00b

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:45 pm   

I don't think its from Darkwars :?

I've been playing that game for almost a year now, and didn't suspect anything..
Darkwars Link #1

Batezou
Gamer Deity

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:49 pm   

yes. firefox os good ( i use it) but ie with sp2 alo blocks popups etc.

if your antivir detect this same virus many times it may be becouse some file on your hdd are infected and av detects it when its trying to spread.
do full system scan. including archiwes (zip,rar...) !

jamilio
Gamer

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:39 am   

i suggest getting at least one firewall...then turn off the windows firewall. if you can get it, a hardware firewall (router) works wonders.

Thanatos
Gamer Deity

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:51 am   

Spybot Search and Destroy is excellent for getting rid of spyware. AdAware SE is good for getting rid of advertising cookies - which can add downloaders and pop-ups. Pop-up Blocker by Panicware is also good to stop the pop-ups. Mozilla Firefox with Adblock does wonders. All of these are free downloads and make cruisin the net much safer. I usually only have problems if I use IE. :?

buckwheat88
Gamer Legend

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:06 pm   

I only use IE and I haven't had a problem with any viruses yet, guess my virus scan's good or something...

TranceZ64
Gamer God

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:36 am   

Or you've already accumulated a handful without realizing it. If your virus scaner had been stoping them, you should of gotten a window that explains about SOMETHING trying to infect your machine. Tons of people get viruses without even noticing all the time.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.